New series by Aron Ra: Why there was no Noachian Flood

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Funny how you criticized other members for simply making threads to post videos and now you're doing the same thing...

I criticized others because they thought that their videos were evidence and were not even willing to discuss them. If you want me to I can tell you some of his arguments, which ironically in this case came mostly from Christian geologists. Please note, Christian does not mean that one accepts the book of Genesis literally.

We all know that there was no global flood. This was more an announcement for those that find this interesting than for those that deny reality.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Aron Ra, a former member here, has quite a few YouTube videos on creationism. Now he is going after the Flood story.

None of his points would stand with even a simple scrutiny. Those are just one-man shows.

Reactions: tevans9129
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aron Ra, a former member here, has quite a few YouTube videos on creationism. Now he is going after the Flood story.
Thank you for posting this.

I'm watching it right now.

Go to 05:17 and listen to what he says:

'So we're still talking about a billion kilometers of extra water that had to come out of nowhere.'

Imagine that.

Aron Ra, of all people, admitting that God would have had to have created water ex nihilo in order to orchestrate the Flood!?

Way to go, Mr. Ra!

I totally agree.

Only I think He created it during the creation week, not at the time of the Flood, since God rested (ceased) from His acts of creatio ex nihilo on the seventh day.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
None of his points would stand with even a simple scrutiny. Those are just one-man shows.
One of his problems is he confuses what Creationists claim about the flood with what the Bible actually says about the flood. For example, he devotes some time to the claim that the Ark landed on Mt. Ararat. The Bible, on the other hand, has the Ark coming to ground in "the mountains of Ararat" which in biblical times was the name of a hilly region of what is now Armenia and northwestern Iran. The mountain now known as Ararat did not acquire that name until about the 5th century AD.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of his problems is he confuses what Creationists claim about the flood with what the Bible actually says about the flood. For example, he devotes some time to the claim that the Ark landed on Mt. Ararat. The Bible, on the other hand, has the Ark coming to ground in "the mountains of Ararat" which in biblical times was the name of a hilly region of what is now Armenia and northwestern Iran. The mountain now known as Ararat did not acquire that name until about the 5th century AD.

Genesis is the most important chapter about the universe.
Noah's Flood is the most important event about the earth.
Mr. Ra knows nothing about the earth. Of course he won't understand a thing about the Flood.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Note @ 11:24, where Aron is quoting someone named Nelson, who mentions the continents being inundated with water.

As if this guy Nelson knows what he's talking about.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Ra knows nothing about the earth. Of course he won't understand a thing about the Flood.
Not if he relies on Creationist claims about the flood instead of reading the Bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I always enjoy addressing the "heat arguments" about the Flood.

How the Earth would have "boiled away" and whatnot due to all them jewels?

I guess Mr. Ra forgot about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego surviving in the fiery furnace, eh?

Or that burning bush that got Moses' attention?

Looks like science took a hike a few times in the past when God showed up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I guess Mr. Ra forgot about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego surviving in the fiery furnace, eh?

Refer to my raccoon analogy.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for posting this.

I'm watching it right now.

Go to 05:17 and listen to what he says:

'So we're still talking about a billion kilometers of extra water that had to come out of nowhere.'

Imagine that.

Aron Ra, of all people, admitting that God would have had to have created water ex nihilo in order to orchestrate the Flood!?

Way to go, Mr. Ra!

I totally agree.

Only I think He created it during the creation week, not at the time of the Flood, since God rested (ceased) from His acts of creatio ex nihilo on the seventh day.

Do you want to discuss this seriously and how it leaves you with a lying God?

I know that understand reality is difficult for you, but we can try to get you there one more time.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

You did not understand. He did not say that the Earht would have boiled away. God would merely have cooked Noah and company.

You need magic upon magic to explain your beliefs. Why would a God gone to such ridiculous lengths? Why not just kill everyone? And we know that the first explanation you are going to come up with is bogus. It does not even match the theology of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Sorry, but he understands far more than you ever could. Why can't creationists understand their own Bible?

The answer is that if they did they would no longer be creationists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I don't think that he makes that error. His main point of this series is to refute the creationist beliefs. The Noah's flood story fails, no matter which version you go with.

But if you follow Aron's videos you will see that he has a very good understanding of the Old Testament.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would appreciate it if the believers in the Noah's Ark story would state clearly which version that they believe in, and remember there are many interpretations of the Bible, tell us what you believe and why. What magic (or miracles if you prefer) was used and when did it end? If you do so we can have a meaningful discussion of this non-event.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need magic upon magic to explain your beliefs.
God performed thousands, if not tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of acts of "magic" in Genesis 1 alone.

So what is your point?
Subduction Zone said:
Why would a God gone to such ridiculous lengths? Why not just kill everyone?
If you don't mind, I'll address Mr. Ra's video, rather than your side issues?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that he makes that error. His main point of this series is to refute the creationist beliefs. The Noah's flood story fails, no matter which version you go with.

But if you follow Aron's videos you will see that he has a very good understanding of the Old Testament.
I should have said, he is responding to Creationist claims rather than what the Bible actually says. For example, the Bible nowhere claims that the post-flood mountains were higher than pre-flood mountains or that new ones arose--as he correctly points out--nor does it at any point unequivocally assert that the entire terrestrial globe was covered with water.

The problem Creationists pose for themselves is to characterize the flood as a sufficient catastrophe to explain the Earth science evidence which would otherwise indicate an ancient Earth. Even a literal interpretation of the text will not bear it.

Upvote 0