Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I am new here and was looking to get advice on something after leaving the Catholic church this past week as a cradle Catholic.

When am I able to post in Christian advice?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am new here and was looking to get advice on something after leaving the Catholic church this past week as a cradle Catholic.

Welcome to CF.

You cannot post in Christian Advice because it is a Christians Only forum and you have designated your faith as Seeker, which by this site is a non-Christian faith.

Christians Only Forums
There are forums reserved for Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). Unorthodox, non-Nicene Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Theology forum.

The list of faith icons is here: Faith Groups List

To change your faith icon, open a ticket by clicking on the mail icon at the top right and asking an administrator to change it for you.
How do I change my Faith Icon?
See this list, then open up a Ticket in Contact Us and talk with an admin about your desire to change your faith icon.

(By the way, your user name isn’t the Quenya form of “Moon Maiden”, is it? [Isil = moon, -wen = maiden, from Tolkien])

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF. It might be that you chose "Seeker" for your faith designation. I think that is a forum for Christians to seek advice from other Christians, and iirc "seeker" may limit you to posting only in areas where non-Christians may post.

If you're looking for info about Christianity and you are not Christian, then you may want to post in Exploring Christianity

If you're looking for advice in general and you're not Christian, you might post in Struggles by Non-Christians

If you are Christian and want to post and ask advice in Christian Advice then you probably need to post a request and ask a mod to change your faith designation (and what is the right one for you). You can do that here - Support Center | Christian Forums

I hope that helps!

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haha you beat me to it. :)
Welcome to CF.

You cannot post in Christian Advice because it is a Christians Only forum and you have designated your faith as Seeker, which by this site is a non-Christian faith.

The list of faith icons is here: Faith Groups List

To change your faith icon, open a ticket by clicking on the mail icon at the top right and asking an administrator to change it for you.

(By the way, your user name isn’t the Quenya form of “Moon Maiden”, is it? [Isil = moon, -wen = maiden, from Tolkien])

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to CF.

Thank you!

I chose seeker in because while I am a Christian, as I was a cradle Catholic, I am currently seeking a new denomination to join. I am just having issues with other Catholics and need advice.

It might be. I have used Isilwen for a while now as I used to play Lord of the Rings Online and when I went to look for an Elf name to use, I thought Isilwen was a beautiful name.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

I chose seeker in because while I am a Christian, as I was a cradle Catholic, I am currently seeking a new denomination to join. I am just having issues with other Catholics and need advice.

It might be. I have used Isilwen for a while now as I used to play Lord of the Rings Online and when I went to look for an Elf name to use, I thought Isilwen was a beautiful name.
You likely want to open a ticket and ask them to change your faith to one of the Christian ones then.

I love the Lord of the Rings and all of Tolkien’s writings, and thought I recognized a few of the Quenyan roots of your user name, though I don’t claim to be any Elvish expert.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
You likely want to open a ticket and ask them to change your faith to one of the Christian ones then.

I guess I can have it switched to Catholic now and have it switched later to whatever I choose.

I love the Lord of the Rings and all of Tolkien’s writings, and thought I recognized a few of the Quenyan roots of your user name, though I don’t claim to be any Elvish expert.

I was thinking more about it and realized I did a name generator and Isilwen is one that came up. I found this on Isilwen, but it's not who I named my character after: Isilwen Stormrage

Through the myriad of games that I have played, Isilwen is still one of my go to names for a character.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome! It may be at 20 posts and 5 likes.

Thank you for your post.

It is indeed that as well as what was mentioned below your post and above this one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The way the artist dressed her in the illustration reminds me of the character Maleficent.

When I first opened the search link, I honestly though it looked very World of Warcraft.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When I first opened the search link, I honestly though it looked very World of Warcraft.
World of Warcraft has been around a while. I never actually played it, but I have been seeing the boxes for it in the store for a while. Maybe the artist plays the game.

Upvote 0