Visit site
✟52,923.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
I've probably missed something, but I haven't seen the stories about Darwin cheating on his wife. I know the thread is a bit of a joke, but was this cheating story based on something real? It's not very important but I'm just curious.

How long have you been an Evolutionist?

Cambridge Digital Library : Darwin Hooke Letters etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If this doesn't stop evolutionists from following in the footsteps of their Israel-hating, God-denying Archmage Charles Darwin then I don't know what will.

For those who are not informed, evolution is a religion just like creationism, and its leaders are Richard Dawkins (confirmed sexist), Charles Darwin, and of course, Seth Mcfarlane (confirmed antichrist).

Recently, it's been discovered that Charles Darwin cheated on his wife.

Are you sure this is who you want to follow into the afterlife, atheists? Think carefully.

Jesus: Died for your sins

Charles Darwin: Died so you would sin.

Think about your soul.

Take that stone back, only those without sin are allowed to cast such stones.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If Darwin cheated on his wife, what does that have to do with the credibility of his work, that has been verified and strengthened over time?

Careful now. You could be leading us to our own destruction. Everyone knows that if we found a letter from Newton to his mistress that apples would begin to fall upwards. No telling what could happen to the Earth if gravity were overturned by such a letter.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If Darwin cheated on his wife, what does that have to do with the credibility of his work, that has been verified and strengthened over time?

None at all.

But I was a little surprised at the alleged story of Darwin cheating because as well as having a long and devoted marriage he suffered from some sort of social phobia, so having extra-marital rumpy-pumpy seemed a little out of character. So out of curiosity I had a go at googling "Darwin cheated on wife" and drew a blank. Then I got confused and thought I must have missed something somewhere. The OP seems to be just random drivel.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
None at all.

But I was a little surprised at the alleged story of Darwin cheating because as well as having a long and devoted marriage he suffered from some sort of social phobia, so having extra-marital rumpy-pumpy seemed a little out of character. So out of curiosity I had a go at googling "Darwin cheated on wife" and drew a blank. Then I got confused and thought I must have missed something somewhere. The OP seems to be just random drivel.

I'm just waiting for the story that Alexander Graham Bell cheated on his wife and we all have to turn in our phones.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,639.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's my understanding Darwin seldom took a bath, never brushed his teeth, and went around eating garlic all the time in public.

Some claim he was not human but was a trained chimp.

Who was apparently able to reproduce with a human. I didn't know chimps could do that...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lewiscalledhimmaster

georgemacdonald.info
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Visit site
✟52,923.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
OK, so that's a link to over a thousand of Darwin's letters. Which one am I supposed to be looking at?

So few. ^_^ I thought there well over two thousand or more. Click on 'etc' to get the lot.

As far as I know, the only source for anything wicked about Charles -- is the sort of stuff I got fed during my years as a YOUNG EARTH CREATIONIST. Seriously -- in their eyes, he was an incestuous sex pervert, easily on par with founder of the LATTER DAY SAINTS. In fact, I think even the hermaphrodite Sai Baba, got a better rap than old Charlie boy.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If this doesn't stop evolutionists from following in the footsteps of their Israel-hating, God-denying Archmage Charles Darwin then I don't know what will.

For those who are not informed, evolution is a religion just like creationism, and its leaders are Richard Dawkins (confirmed sexist), Charles Darwin, and of course, Seth Mcfarlane (confirmed antichrist).

Are you sure this is who you want to follow into the afterlife, atheists? Think carefully.

Think about your soul.
I call POE.

Upvote 0

Charbel7

Jul 25, 2013
✟2,359.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why does it matter if Charles Darwin was a good or a bad person? It has no bearing on the validity of the Theory of Evolution.
That would be akin to saying that if Newton was a terrible person, we all should stop accepting that the force of gravity exists.

It does matter. There is also a goal behind everything you do so when Charles Darwin created his theory his main goal was to deny the existence of God while promoting his own not scientifically proven theory.

Newton was in fact not a terrible person. A bad person wouldn't get the chance to find something great or invent something great because he's busy doing bad things and thinking about them. Logic :)

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Being a naturalist, he would know that most male-species do spread their seed a lot.
Studying Christianity, we know that all are sinners.
I would avoid marrying my cousin for the same reason.
It's interesting how you uncritically accept the unevidenced claim made in the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A few parts of it anyway.
Not most.

Upvote 0

lewiscalledhimmaster

georgemacdonald.info
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Visit site
✟52,923.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Charbel7,
Would you care to support your idea with more than just your say-so?

<edit> when Charles Darwin created his theory his main goal was to deny the existence of God while promoting his own not scientifically proven theory.

Sgt. Pepper

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A bad person wouldn't get the chance to find something great or invent something great because he's busy doing bad things and thinking about them. Logic :)

Great evil can come from simply omitting something you should have included. Oops, he left the baby in the car when he went to work all day . . . this evil is not caused by filling your mind with doing evil and thinking about doing evil all day long. The opposite, in fact.

Bad people aren't sitting around thinking how to be bad. They are sitting around and not thinking of consequences for their choices and deeds, a very different kind of thinking.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Think about your soul.

Wonderful premise. I am all on board. I won't listen to the sinners about anything regarding religion. That's your point, right?

Upvote 0