frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey, ladies and gents. This is such a huge website, I'm wondering how to find my niche. I have free time some days; some days you won't see me around. I'm 52, live in a Dayton, Ohio surburb. My husband is chronically ill. We have two sons, ages 17 and 14. Good boys, but under achievers. God is able.
I could hide my disability, but after living with cerebral palsy for all these years, it's difficult to define myself without it, although I've certaiinly tried not to let it define me. Aging is an experience; some days I feel older than my early 50s; other days, I'm shocked not to see a slim, attractive young lady when I look in the mirror. Sometime the image I see in the mirror makes me want to crawl back in bed.
I've told you a bit about me. Who are you?

Reactions: fieldlily

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I'm more than a little over weight. My doctor would like to see me shed 30 pounds; then I would be a little overweight. My health is good, so far, thank God.
Here I am again...getting up at ungodly hour to enjoy some solitude. Our house is under 1200 square feet, I think. When my teen boys get to rough housing, seems like the whole house vibrates.
It went from nice 60-70 temps to upper 80s-90s here. Even a/c only does so much when it's that hot. Surely not inviting weather to go crusing on my scooter. Haven't been out since my purse got stolen. I'm curious if I'm going to be Xtra jumpy.

Upvote 0

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
scootermom said:
Well, I'm more than a little over weight. My doctor would like to see me shed 30 pounds; then I would be a little overweight. My health is good, so far, thank God.
Here I am again...getting up at ungodly hour to enjoy some solitude. Our house is under 1200 square feet, I think. When my teen boys get to rough housing, seems like the whole house vibrates.
It went from nice 60-70 temps to upper 80s-90s here. Even a/c only does so much when it's that hot. Surely not inviting weather to go crusing on my scooter. Haven't been out since my purse got stolen. I'm curious if I'm going to be Xtra jumpy.
Welcome to the Golden Eagles, although we do need more men, simply means there is one more to give us few a hard time.(lol) Welcome anyway.
Macca.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Scootermom, Macca, Miggles, and anyone else who posts after I do. I am new too and I never thought about introducing myself so I will cut in here (hope you don't mind Scooter). I was thrilled to see an area on this forum for over 50--I just make it. I love all people at all ages but sometimes it's hard to relate when I'm with younger women and they want to talk about babies and birth and the terrile twos etc. I'm just not there anymore. I've become an expert on things like like menopause.:blush: Wish I was joking.:cool:

Scootermom I don't have any words of wisdom for helping 17 year olds grow up except lots of pray and attention on the part of the parents. God bless.

Hope to become a regular and find some good friends here at CF Golden Eagles. Uh-oh one more woman though.

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
scootermom said:
Hey, ladies and gents. This is such a huge website, I'm wondering how to find my niche. I have free time some days; some days you won't see me around. I'm 52, live in a Dayton, Ohio surburb. My husband is chronically ill. We have two sons, ages 17 and 14. Good boys, but under achievers. God is able.
I could hide my disability, but after living with cerebral palsy for all these years, it's difficult to define myself without it, although I've certaiinly tried not to let it define me. Aging is an experience; some days I feel older than my early 50s; other days, I'm shocked not to see a slim, attractive young lady when I look in the mirror. Sometime the image I see in the mirror makes me want to crawl back in bed.
I've told you a bit about me. Who are you?

Welcome scootermom, :wave: I just saw this and just wanted to say 'hi' and send you a couple blessings. You'll find your "niche" by exploring and posting in categories in which you think you have common interests. And a great place to start is here in Golden Eagles.and I found the prayer requests one good for beginning posts too. I am still a newbie myself. Anyway, hope you like it at CF....a good way to find out more about everybody is to read their profiles. My prayers tonight for your chronically ill husband...:pray: God bless you. +

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
scootermom said:
looks like the eagles aren't a chatty bunch. oh well. My 17-yr-old hurt his shoulder throwing a ball. it's bothered him for some time; therapy didn't help. Sunday, he's scheduled for a MRI. He could need surgery.

I'm Chatty.... Sorry to hear of about your son and that therapy did not help. I hurt my shoulder years ago and it just acts up now and again. While I was taking therapy I learned how common this is that it happens to a lot of people. I hope your son does not have to have surgery. Talk to you again soon.:wave:

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi, keeptrying. Oh, goody, my dh wants to sleep longer, so I can play online for a bit. Man, this shoulder-thing could mess up plans bigtime. I'm not sure I should hound him to get a job, etc. His school choices will be severely limited without a job, but he's brought it on himself by not applying himself in school. He lost his scholarship to the Christian school. He fears he's not spiritually strong enough to stand in the public school. Gotta remember God is in control.

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, I can relate to the shoulder problem. About twenty years ago after extensive cross country skiing I developed bursitis in the shoulder which turned into a frozen shoulder. Had to go to a clinic for five months to work it loose and later exercises to keep it from happening again. Which did work...until...just this year after Christmas I noticed the same kind of distress so started exercising it...pain was unbelieveable. Of course prayed and prayed...then went to an O.D. who ex-rayed and found out not a frozen shoulder but calcium deposits (ah, these golden years kicking in again). So he put me on anti-inflammatory pills and said to rest it rather than exercise it. Tis better now with only occasional flare-ups. Must be careful and I don't take those pills except when necessary about once a week these days. Shoulders are so hard to deal with as they determine how far you can reach, etc...and trouble there does limit mobility.

My prayers...

Birdie...

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I feel slightly better; he has an MRI Sunday; sees the surgeon the next day. I'm tagging along this time so I hear things first-hand.

Birdie, my right hip has calcium deposits, plus the joint is worn out. A replacement would just break, for the same reason, a grossly unnatural gait.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My father had something go wrong with his shoulder and now I can not remember what it was but they said if he did not have the surgery he would wind up with a frozen shoulder. They took the part of a pig (yes a real pig) (can't remember what now)(cartilage or ?) and put it in his shoulder. He hasn't had a problem since.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
miggles said:
Scoot wants to chat. OK. :D

I like the fall. It's got just the right temps.
We are just about to move into Winter, has been almost Summer right up 'til now. We've had a drought for about 5-6 yrs. First good rain since Feb. this week-end about 1" average over Victoria. Much welcomed rain.
Macca.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.