Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have sound on my computer, so I couldn't hear what was going on, but I expected more of a disruption from your use of "break dancing" in the title of this thread. That looked like more of a bad waltz. They were arrested for that?

Upvote 0

oliverb

Nov 30, 2011
✟743.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't have sound on my computer, so I couldn't hear what was going on, but I expected more of a disruption from your use of "break dancing" in the title of this thread. That looked like more of a bad waltz. They were arrested for that?

The phrase "break" dancing referred to the man being body slammed to the floor. Didn't think the reference was that obscure.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The dancers were there specifically to protest a recent court ruling, upheld on appeal, that confirmed the dancing at the memorial to be illegal. That ruling was due to the arrest of a woman for dancing there at a previous time, charged, I believe, with disorderly conduct. So they knew they breaking the law, came to dance specifically to defy the law, were warned of the consequences, continued to defy the law, and subsequently paid the consequences.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The dancers were there specifically to protest a recent court ruling, upheld on appeal, that confirmed the dancing at the memorial to be illegal. That ruling was due to the arrest of a woman for dancing there at a previous time, charged, I believe, with disorderly conduct. So they knew they breaking the law, came to dance specifically to defy the law, were warned of the consequences, continued to defy the law, and subsequently paid the consequences.

QFT

...and if you saw how some of them danced, they should throw away the key.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

Hey! I'm agreeing with Mach!

Now then, when's the earth going to open up and swallow me? :D

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey! I'm agreeing with Mach!

Now then, when's the earth going to open up and swallow me? :D
It just means you're finally coming around. In some quarters it's referred to as being Hannitized

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums