Wisconsin
✟31,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this but just needing some advice on my living situation. So I moved into an apartment that was above a dance studio without knowing it.... The building is shared with several businesses and it didn't jump out to me that one was a dance studio...

I am slowly losing my mind. Our windows are super thin but it's also coming up from the floor since the dance studio is right below us.

They dance M-F from 4 to 9:30pm and some hours on Saturday and Sunday. It's not horribly loud but it's very annoying. Just imagine having to listen to the worst (usually pop) music for that many hours a day. You can't wear ear plugs in your own home that long. Sometimes, I want to just lay in bed to start unwinding for the night around 8:30 or 9, but the music is so loud, it's horrible. I just want peace and quiet.

I've tried calling the dance studio 3 times asking to turn the music down, but I can't really tell if they have or not. I left a voicemail with my landlord the other day about it... She hasn't replied yet but I'm hoping she calls back soon.

I was thinking of emailing my town's zoning people. I just don't know what to do. It's driving me crazy. I am hoping to move out, but we can't seem to afford much else in our area as the other apartments are in sketchy places or more luxury apartments than we can afford. Until our lease is up, though, I am literally going insane. I get so angry every night... I can't relax... It is physically and mentally draining.

Have you guys ever heard of a dance studio being put in an apartment building? I just don't know who thought that was a good idea.

Anyway, any advice on how to deal with this in a Christian manner?

Thanks.

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this but just needing some advice on my living situation. So I moved into an apartment that was above a dance studio without knowing it.... The building is shared with several businesses and it didn't jump out to me that one was a dance studio...

I am slowly losing my mind. Our windows are super thin but it's also coming up from the floor since the dance studio is right below us.

They dance M-F from 4 to 9:30pm and some hours on Saturday and Sunday. It's not horribly loud but it's very annoying. Just imagine having to listen to the worst (usually pop) music for that many hours a day. You can't wear ear plugs in your own home that long. Sometimes, I want to just lay in bed to start unwinding for the night around 8:30 or 9, but the music is so loud, it's horrible. I just want peace and quiet.

I've tried calling the dance studio 3 times asking to turn the music down, but I can't really tell if they have or not. I left a voicemail with my landlord the other day about it... She hasn't replied yet but I'm hoping she calls back soon.

I was thinking of emailing my town's zoning people. I just don't know what to do. It's driving me crazy. I am hoping to move out, but we can't seem to afford much else in our area as the other apartments are in sketchy places or more luxury apartments than we can afford. Until our lease is up, though, I am literally going insane. I get so angry every night... I can't relax... It is physically and mentally draining.

Have you guys ever heard of a dance studio being put in an apartment building? I just don't know who thought that was a good idea.

Anyway, any advice on how to deal with this in a Christian manner?

Thanks.
look with your town bylaws to see if it is permitted, my guess is that it might not. if it is then i suggest you try find another place or you will be miserable there. your happiness is more important.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Have you guys ever heard of a dance studio being put in an apartment building?
I was in a situation where there was a lot more noise from traffic than I ever imagined it would be. I learned to ignore it but I started having health problems because of it. Then when I did move out the rotten landlord stole my money and would not give me my security deposit back. If I had to do it over again I would quit paying rent and then just move out when the time came to leave. There was an issue that my dad had cosigned the lease. But the landlord just wanted to keep the deposit so he would have broken the lease if I let him keep that. So that is pretty much what it all comes down to.

Upvote 0