Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Antifa, you know, the group the left says isn't real, attempted to protest a police training facility outside of Atlanta, GA. In fact, the planned on blowing the place up and was caught with explosive. They have been charged with domestic terrorism charges.

Five members of Antifa are in custody on domestic terrorism charges after they were protesting outside of a planned $90 million police training center.

The site of the planned center has been the focal point of protests for months by Antifa who have referred to the site - which protesters have made an autonomous zone - as Cop City. Many of those who were arrested were holed up in treehouses where police later recovered explosives.

Prior to Tuesday's arrests, police detained several people at the site for crimes including destruction of property and arson along with car-jacking and attacks on locals and government officials.
Earlier this week, the GBI said that protesters had begun attacking police and other emergency services workers at the scene with rocks and bottles. After officers cleared the area, they recovered bombs, flares and gasoline, authorities said.

Multiple crimes occurred on Saturday when the local fire department was called to the scene to extinguish a dumpster fire. Richard Porter told WXIA that he was set upon by the group when he attempted to pick up some scrap metal from the area.

Porter said that members of the group threw things at him including a 'gas bomb.' He fled, leaving his truck behind which was burned out. Porter told the channel: 'It seemed to me like they were going to burn the truck with me in it.'

• Informative
Reactions: hislegacy

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Antifa, you know, the group the left says isn't real
What? Who has said the group isn't real?

I'm glad they were caught before any damage was done.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Antifa, you know, the group the left says isn't real, attempted to protest a police training facility outside of Atlanta, GA. In fact, the planned on blowing the place up and was caught with explosive. They have been charged with domestic terrorism charges.

Glad they were caught before they could do anything.

What makes them Antifa members?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
From NOT the Daily Fail:

Latter link provides some perspective on the protest. Not clear if those arrested are part of the protest movement or not.

The protesters have had semi-permanent encampments for about a year in the forested area where the Atlanta Police Foundation intends to build the training facility.

The foundation says, under a plan approved by the Atlanta City Council, that it will build on 85 acres of the site and preserve the remaining 180 acres as green space.

The protesters have opposed the facility on environmental and historical grounds, saying it would decimate one of the largest preserved forest areas in the city and desecrate historically Native American land of the Muscogee Creek people, who once lived in the woods and called it the Weelaunee Forest before being displaced by white settlers in the early 19th Century.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aren't they the ones who are "mostly peaceful" ....
No, I don't think anyone calls Antifa "mostly peaceful" as they are best known for rumbling against the Proud Boys and other fascists. Perhaps you are confusing them with BLM?

What makes them Antifa members?
Good question. Antifa aren't really known for environmental activism. This seems to be DailyMail's designation for click-bait purposes?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What? Who has said the group isn't real?

I'm glad they were caught before any damage was done.
For a while Antifa was simply an ideology in modern times. Groups like the Proud Boys helped them coalesce into increasing tangible and structured organizations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For a while Antifa was simply an ideology in modern times. Groups like the Proud Boys helped them coalesce into increasing tangible and structured organizations.
Is Antifa structured now? I thought that the only one that was organized was Rose City Antifa - but I don't know much.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Crikey. Protesters in a tree house are terrorists, now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democrat Rep. Jerry Nadler
When and where? June 25, 2020 he said antifa was imaginary. A month later, he said the violence being instigated by antifa was imaginary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When and where? June 25, 2020 he said antifa was imaginary. A month later, he said the violence being instigated by antifa was imaginary.
Looks like you have answered your own question, you asked
DaisyDay said:

What? Who has said the group isn't real? Yes he, Jerry Nadler.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good question. Antifa aren't really known for environmental activism. This seems to be DailyMail's designation for click-bait purposes?
Yeah, this strikes me more as a Greenpeace sort of thing - though I imagine that there's some level of crossover between the groups.

Upvote 0