BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I just saw this site being advertised the other day. What caught my eye was that they base the matches on an individual's music interests. Creative idea!

I'm playing around on it right now. An instant drawback I see to it is that it matches you up with someone even if you only have 3-4 common music interests. Well, that means you'll be matched up with everyone IMO. I'm not looking for a match as in dating. I put on there I'm treating it as a meet and greet thing. It's really the music aspect that I thought would be a blast to get on there.

Any stories out there yet on this site? yay? nay?

I just think it's a neat twist. Some of these profile pictures are a riot. The "glamour shots" are a turn off. Although, I'm thinking of favoriting the guy with a picture of his head near a statue of a horse's rear end. ^_^ (What? I think it's funny. lol)

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
tastebuds.fm
"Tastebuds helps you meet new people who share your passion for music
Tell us the bands you love and we'll find people nearby who share your tastes"

Is that the one? I've not really looked at it yet, did a basic search and found out not many people had the same combined musical tastes ^_^ It does look fun though.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just as I had never heard of POF until fairly recently with Skype chats, I'm also unfamiliar with this one. Good luck though!

Oh I'm NOT out "fishin" lol I found that a lot of people are on there just promoting their music. That part's interesting.

"Tastebuds.com" isn't a valid website, according to my browser.

odd, I don't know

tastebuds.fm
"Tastebuds helps you meet new people who share your passion for music
Tell us the bands you love and we'll find people nearby who share your tastes"

Is that the one? I've not really looked at it yet, did a basic search and found out not many people had the same combined musical tastes ^_^ It does look fun though.

Yeah that's that one :thumbsup: I thought it would be fun too but it matches you up with anyone who has even just ONE band in common with you. When you list upteen million music artists (like me) then you'll be matched with everyone. ^_^ So there's no common anything with me or any of these matches. I'll be deleting it tonight. nya

Tried it. Apparently nobody around here likes Klingon opera.

funny

Qyöt27;58052559 said:
It links into last.fm, that's hilarious.

Well I hope that's not bad because I don't have a clue what that is. yikes

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
last.fm (aka 'audioscrobbling') is a site that allows users to log their listening patterns. It then generates charts based on said patterns.

For instance, what it reports* as the Top tracks I've listened to over the past 12 months:
Code:
#1 		The Birthday Massacre – Sleepwalking
#3 		Gin Blossoms – Found Out About You
#4 		Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
#5 	  	A Life Divided – Heart on Fire
#6 		Rob Zombie – Living Dead Girl
#7 		JP, Chrissie & The Fairground Boys – If You Let Me
#8 		The Birthday Massacre – Midnight
#9 	  	Lacrimas Profundere – The Letter
#9 	  	Kobayashi Aika – Kimi wo Mamoritai
#11 		UnSun – Home
#12 		Matt & Kim – Daylight
#13 	  	EastNewSound feat. Tsubaki – Flowers Are At The End Of Illusion
#14 		The Protomen – Light Up The Night
#15 		The Last Dance – Nightmares
*it is a bit skewed because of how I treat stuff I've purchased from iTunes, though. Unless that was actually counted under the '(null) - (null)' entry for #2 which I omitted from the list.

Tastebuds.fm can access those charts and use those to match users with better accuracy, basically. I entered my last.fm username, narrowed down the age bracket, and gave my zip code, and it chopped the match number down from 142 pages to a single page. Amongst those on the page, three of them were close matches, and four weren't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums