✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey there!

I'm on the hunt for some fresh Christian music to add to my playlist. My musical tastes are eclectic! I'm open to exploring anything and everything that falls under the Christian music umbrella.

I don't have a massive collection yet and ultimately end up listening to the same 12 songs. I think it's time to expand! So I'm relying on you, our awesome forum community, to help me expand my musical horizons. Whether it's a hidden gem or a well-known classic, I'm eager to hear your recommendations.

So, if you've got a favorite Christian artist, album, or even a single track that you think I absolutely must listen to, please drop it here!

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My tastes are rather electic, too. I like songs rather than artists, though sometimes a particular artist will have multiple songs that I enjoy. Just gonna thrown down some random songs that come to mind!

Lots more where they came from!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve been listening to older hymns a lot. They’re prayers. They are a lesson in humility & thanksgiving. They calm the soul. They are love songs. They pull from the Bible. In ways contemporary music just doesn’t do.

I do like contemporary music & believe they can stand side-by-side, but I encourage rediscovering hymns.

Also, thanks for sharing Geek. The same contemporary music just keeps popping up on my YouTube reccomendations, so was looking for some new ones!

Graves Into Gardens is really beautiful. I never heard the bottom 2 before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been listening to older hymns a lot. They’re prayers. They are a lesson in humility & thanksgiving. They calm the soul. They are love songs. They pull from the Bible. In ways contemporary music just doesn’t do.

I do like contemporary music & believe they can stand side-by-side, but I encourage rediscovering hymns.

Also, thanks for sharing Geek. The same contemporary music just keeps popping up on my YouTube reccomendations, so was looking for some new ones!

I love old hymns dearly, though you can't always find them quickly online, like on YouTube. I really miss church choirs. I am not a fan of "praise/worship teams" at all. I'd so much rather hear a simple piano and a hundred voices singing together than "lead singers" on microphones. I don't need to be "led" into worship. Just let us all worship together with one voice.

/side gripe

Graves Into Gardens is a very personal one for me. I have to be careful if I listen to it while driving cause I'll almost always start crying, lol. Same with "Out of Hiding". When she gets to "baby, you're almost home now, please don't quit now", I just start blubbering. "Worn" was a song that helped me through a very, very dark time a few years ago, where I had been struggling with despondence for so long, I was contemplating end-of-life thoughts.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My tastes are rather electic, too. I like songs rather than artists, though sometimes a particular artist will have multiple songs that I enjoy. Just gonna thrown down some random songs that come to mind!

Lots more where they came from!
Thank you so much! Please feel free to continue to drop music in here!

Do you have any links to some that I could use?

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟311.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really a fan of the modern Christian music genre (I like old hymns) and I usually stick to clean stuff like DnB, Ambient or other EDM; so when I do like something it's usually because I think it's a good song and something I can stick on repeat.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there!

I'm on the hunt for some fresh Christian music to add to my playlist. My musical tastes are eclectic! I'm open to exploring anything and everything that falls under the Christian music umbrella.

I don't have a massive collection yet and ultimately end up listening to the same 12 songs. I think it's time to expand! So I'm relying on you, our awesome forum community, to help me expand my musical horizons. Whether it's a hidden gem or a well-known classic, I'm eager to hear your recommendations.

So, if you've got a favorite Christian artist, album, or even a single track that you think I absolutely must listen to, please drop it here!

Miss Pleni, may I recommend this song to you, then. It's from an album by the group Avalon that I as a newly converted Christian was given by one of my paternal aunts and her family as a gift on my seventeenth birthday. I don't have the physical album still, and it's pretty much the only thing I even know about Avalon, but I had determined to find this particular song years later and make it a part of my carefully curated PC music collection. ^-^ It's a beautiful one, certainly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I tend to not contribute to these sorts of discussions as I usually listen to metal and progressive rock, and those aren't generally what people are interested in hearing.

But here's something which is on the more accessible side. These songs are taken from a rock opera called "Jesus Christ the Exorcist", about the life of Jesus and focusing mainly on his last few days. And for anyone wondering, that is John Schlitt of Petra in the second video, who has definitely still got it.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I tend to not contribute to these sorts of discussions as I usually listen to metal and progressive rock, and those aren't generally what people are interested in hearing.

But here's something which is on the more accessible side. These songs are taken from a rock opera called "Jesus Christ the Exorcist", about the life of Jesus and focusing mainly on his last few days. And for anyone wondering, that is John Schlitt of Petra in the second video, who has definitely still got it.

I like metal/rock. I was serious when I said my taste is eclectic. I'm one of those people who says, "I love all kinds of music." and doesn't follow it up with, "Except for...". I like all kinds of music. Give me all the music! I found Wolves at the Gate yesterday.

I love these additions as well, thank you!

You wouldn't happen to play bass by any chance would you? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This has a lot of good ones. Not sure if you'rel ooking for something on YouTube or elsewhere

Thanks for asking. I really need to calm my soul this morning & this will help me too.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This has a lot of good ones. Not sure if you'rel ooking for something on YouTube or elsewhere

Thanks for asking. I really need to calm my soul this morning & this will help me too.
:piripi:

I appreciate all the responses! I'm currently exploring and gathering music suggestions for Spotify, so every contribution is valuable. Also, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a peaceful morning, Dragon.

Thank you as well! I completely forgot that I could include timeless classics like this in my playlist. Sometimes, how I even manage to put my pants on in the morning is a mystery to me...

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Mm, I thought so. Though those dots make me think I should have kept that thought one myself. :tearsofjoy: Sorry, I know that's suuuuper weird. But I'm really reeeaaally good at reading people. :grimacing:
It's fine. It's not something that's a secret. I just wasn't sure whether you were throwing out a random guess or had some sort of idea.

For the record, I also play guitar, but bass has been my main instrument for a while now. It's been some time since I played though.

• Friendly
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's fine. It's not something that's a secret. I just wasn't sure whether you were throwing out a random guess or had some sort of idea.

For the record, I also play guitar, but bass has been my main instrument for a while now. It's been some time since I played though.
Well I'm sure you're great at it! :blush:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I really like Jericho Walls & Rise Up Lazarus. I’ve never heard them sung in church but it’s just music. They’re about defeating lies & trusting God. I find them very helpful & listen to them before doing something that I think could be challenging.

I love old hymns dearly, though you can't always find them quickly online, like on YouTube. I really miss church choirs. I am not a fan of "praise/worship teams" at all. I'd so much rather hear a simple piano and a hundred voices singing together than "lead singers" on microphones. I don't need to be "led" into worship. Just let us all worship together with one voice.

/side gripe

Graves Into Gardens is a very personal one for me. I have to be careful if I listen to it while driving cause I'll almost always start crying, lol. Same with "Out of Hiding". When she gets to "baby, you're almost home now, please don't quit now", I just start blubbering. "Worn" was a song that helped me through a very, very dark time a few years ago, where I had been struggling with despondence for so long, I was contemplating end-of-life thoughts.
Me too. I hear you. My family's church is starting to get into that where it's just lead singers & loud music blasting to drown out the congregation even if they wanted to join in............I've gone regularly to other churches that do that. I think it largely destroys the purpose. If I just wanted to listen, I'd stay home & just listen to music. I guess it's still a lesson in humility, just take it in, be happy the leader is so passionate, & I suppose I don't really believe it's a wrong way to worship (some people do like it & do see it beneficial), I just think it's a bit off.

The church I go to more consistently doesn't do that & I'm grateful. So what I'm working on is when I go w/ my family is to recognize that just b/c some churches do stuff a little different, it's not necessarily wrong.

• Friendly
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0