May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Covenant Whole Gospel:

Let us now share the Old Testament Gospel found below with the whole world. On the road to Emmaus He said the Old Testament is about Him.

He is the very Word of God in John 1:1, 14.

Awaken Church to this truth.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Is the most important genealogy in the Bible found in Matthew 1:1 (Gal. 3:16)? Is God's Son the ultimate fulfillment of Israel (John 1:49)? Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews? Why would someone tell them they are God's chosen people and then fail to share the Gospel with them? Who is the seed of the woman promised in Genesis 3:15? Who is the "son" in Psalm 2? Who is the "suffering servant" of Isaiah 53? Who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34? Who would fulfill the timeline of Daniel chapter 9 before the second temple was destroyed? Why have we not heard this simple Old Testament Gospel preached on Christian television in the United States on a regular basis?

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, man-made Bible doctrines fall apart.

Let us now learn to preach the whole Gospel until He comes back. The King of Israel is risen from the dead! (Acts 2:36)

• Winner
Reactions: rwb

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
New Covenant Whole Gospel:

The New Covenant is the Davidic Covenant

Psalms 89:30 If his children should forsake My Law and walk not in My judgments, 31 if they should profane My ordinances and not keep My commandments, 32 I will visit their transgressions with a rod and their sins with scourges.(LXX)

Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded on account of our sins, and was bruised because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and by His bruises we were healed.(Esaias,LXX)

Isaiah 24:5 And she has sinned by reason of her inhabitants, because they have transgressed the law and changed the Ordinances, even the Everlasting Covenant.(Esaias,LXX)

Psalms 2:6-9 But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain, declaring the Ordinance of the Lord. The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee: ask of Me, and I will give Thee the heathen for Thine inheritance and the ends of the earth for Thy possession. Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron, Thou shalt dash them in pieces as a potter’s vessel.(LXX)

Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers, even as I received of My Father.(KJV)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The New Covenant is the Davidic Covenant

Psalms 89:30 If his children should forsake My Law and walk not in My judgments, 31 if they should profane My ordinances and not keep My commandments, 32 I will visit their transgressions with a rod and their sins with scourges.(LXX)

Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded on account of our sins, and was bruised because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and by His bruises we were healed.(Esaias,LXX)

Isaiah 24:5 And she has sinned by reason of her inhabitants, because they have transgressed the law and changed the Ordinances, even the Everlasting Covenant.(Esaias,LXX)

Psalms 2:6-9 But I have been made king by Him on Sion His holy mountain, declaring the Ordinance of the Lord. The Lord said to Me, Thou art My Son, to-day have I begotten Thee: ask of Me, and I will give Thee the heathen for Thine inheritance and the ends of the earth for Thy possession. Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron, Thou shalt dash them in pieces as a potter’s vessel.(LXX)

Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers, even as I received of My Father.(KJV)
The New Covenant is the end of the covenants of sin and death and the beginning of the covenant of faith and grace.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The New Covenant is the end of the covenants of sin and death and the beginning of the covenant of faith and grace.

The following proves you are correct.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

In the passage above Paul describes the Old Covenant as the "ministry of death".

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

That's not what Jesus says.

Matthew 5:1-21 21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matthew 26:19-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it and brake it and gave it to The Disciples, and said, Take, eat: this is My body. 27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it: 28 For this is My blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.KJV

Audience is Everything.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

The 10 Commandments.

Exodus 34:29-32 And when Moses went down from the mountain, there were the two tables in the hands of Moses,--as then he went down from the mountain, Moses knew not that the appearance of the skin of his face was glorified, when God spoke to him. 30 And Aaron and all the elders of Israel saw Moses and the appearance of the skin of his face was made glorious, and they feared to approach him. 31 And Moses called them and Aaron and all the rulers of the synagogue turned towards him, and Moses spoke to them. 32 And afterwards all the children of Israel came to him, and he commanded them all things, whatsoever the Lord had commanded him in the mount of Sina.LXX

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not what Jesus says.

Matthew 5:1-21 21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matthew 26:19-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it and brake it and gave it to The Disciples, and said, Take, eat: this is My body. 27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it: 28 For this is My blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.KJV

Audience is Everything.

The 10 Commandments.

Exodus 34:29-32 And when Moses went down from the mountain, there were the two tables in the hands of Moses,--as then he went down from the mountain, Moses knew not that the appearance of the skin of his face was glorified, when God spoke to him. 30 And Aaron and all the elders of Israel saw Moses and the appearance of the skin of his face was made glorious, and they feared to approach him. 31 And Moses called them and Aaron and all the rulers of the synagogue turned towards him, and Moses spoke to them. 32 And afterwards all the children of Israel came to him, and he commanded them all things, whatsoever the Lord had commanded him in the mount of Sina.LXX
with all your quoting of scripture what is your point, you have said nothing different than what I said.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

with all your quoting of scripture what is your point, you have said nothing different than what I said.

Seriously?
The 10 Commandments:
"Thou shalt not kill"... breaking it came with a judgment.
The New Covenant:
Being angry at your brother without cause... judgment.

If you don't think these are both "Covenants of sin and death", then you're mistaken.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Juda. 32 Not according to the Covenant which I made with their fathers in the day when I took hold of their hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; for they abode not in My Covenant and I disregarded them, saith the Lord. 33 For this is My Covenant which I will make with the house of Israel: after those days, saith the Lord, I will surely put My Laws into their mind and write them on their hearts and I will be to them a God and they shall be to Me a people. 34 And they shall not at all teach every one his fellow citizen and every one his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Me from the least of them to the greatest of them, for I will be merciful to their iniquities and their sins I will remember no more. 35 Thus saith the Lord, who gives the sun for a light by day, the moon and the stars for a light by night and makes a roaring in the sea, so that the waves thereof roar; the Lord Almighty is His name: 36 if these ordinances cease from before Me, saith the Lord, then shall the family of Israel cease to be a nation before Me forever.LXX
Jeremiah 31:31 = The Divided Kingdom
Jeremiah 31:32 = Ordinances for the Promised land.
Jeremiah 31:31-32 = New Covenant, Matthew 26:26-28, Matthew 13:52.
Jeremiah 31:33 = Written on the heart, John 14:26 and John 16:13-15.
Jeremiah 31:34 = Taught by God, Matthew 23:8-10, John 10:16.
Jeremiah 31:35-36 = Matthew 24:35.

Why has the modern Church done a pitiful job of sharing the Gospel with modern Orthodox Jews?
Who is the "son" in Psalm 2?

(1) Because this set of verses does not apply to all Hebrews:

Matthew 13:13-15 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear and shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and should understand with their heart, and should be converted and I should heal them.

Jesus was speaking only of those to whom He taught parables... not to those who lived in other countries: the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

(2) The one with the yoke.
Psalms 2:6-12 Wherefore did the heathen rage, and the gentiles imagine vain things? 2 The kings of the Earth stood up and the rulers gathered themselves together against the Lord and against His Christ: 3 saying, Let us break through Their bonds and cast away Their yoke from us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seriously?
The 10 Commandments:
The New Covenant:

If you don't think these are both "Covenants of sin and death", then you're mistaken.
Did you read the Epistles of Paul because if you did you would find that they agree completely with what I posted. You do not understand the scripture you are using to form your opinion, Jesus is pointing out how ridiculous it is to try to achieve righteousness by following the law. He is using hyperbole to make a point which was a common Jewish teaching method.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Seriously?
The 10 Commandments:
The New Covenant:

Did you read the Epistles of Paul because if you did you would find that they agree completely with what I posted. You do not understand the scripture you are using to form your opinion, Jesus is pointing out how ridiculous it is to try to achieve righteousness by following the law. He is using hyperbole to make a point which was a common Jewish teaching method.

I don't want to read other people's mail and pretend they apply to me.
I don't run to the store when I hear a neighbor tell her husband they're out of milk.
You have no idea what Jesus is teaching His Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't run to the store when I hear a neighbor tell her husband they're out of milk.
OK so do not believe me or Paul or the scriptures. Faith in Jesus is about a lot more than running to the store for milk.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was speaking only of those to whom He taught parables... not to those who lived in other countries: the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

Who was Peter talking to on the Day of Pentecost when Israelites were gathered in Jerusalem from 16 different countries?
On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant fulfilled in blood at Calvary.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The 10 Commandments:
The New Covenant:

Did you read/hear that somewhere, or come up with it all on your own?

OK so do not believe me or Paul or the scriptures. Faith in Jesus is about a lot more than running to the store for milk.

So now you're pretending that I don't believe the Scriptures.
That "faith in Jesus" part... do you trust what Jesus said in Matthew 5:19?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

So now you're pretending that I don't believe the Scriptures.
That "faith in Jesus" part... do you trust what Jesus said in Matthew 5:19?
NO. I explained to you exactly what Jesus was doing in that scripture, go read my post, try to understand that you need to find out what a scripture actually means before you go and make assumptions and draw conclusions based on it. You do not have to take my word for what the passage means use any one of the free on line commentaries.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NO. I explained to you exactly what Jesus was doing in that scripture, go read my post, try to understand that you need to find out what a scripture actually means before you go and make assumptions and draw conclusions based on it. You do not have to take my word for what the passage means use any one of the free on line commentaries.
I avoid commentaries like a plague of locusts. They are the written by people who have read a lot of commentaries.

• Haha
Reactions: Ligurian
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no evidence that Paul wanted his letters to be published to the general public. Nothing I read says he did.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

You do not have to take my word for what the passage means use any one of the free on line commentaries.

And I don't have to take their word for it, either.

I avoid commentaries like a plague of locusts. They are the written by people who have read a lot of commentaries.

Well said.

There is no evidence that Paul wanted his letters to be published to the general public. Nothing I read says he did.

That's an excellent point. Would Paul have been saying there's no difference between Jew and Gentile (Romans 10:12) if the Jews had known he called them dogs and mutilators (Philippians 3:2)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what do you think his letters were being used for, why do you think he wrote them? Paul supplied almost all the theology for the N.T.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0