Nervous Republicans See Trump Sinking, and Taking Senate With Him

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Not true, and the economy was recovering long before Trump was elected. It is hard to credit Trump with the economy. What we normally see during times of crisis is unified support for the President. After 911 President Bush was roughly at 90% approval rating. Trump had a boost but he squandered it.
See what I mean. You proved my point.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
More likely is that the president will postpone the election for a year or two when the second wave comes in the fall.
Is there a constitutional power that allows h to do that? I do t recall one, but maybe you are more versed in that.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟562,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

For somebody allegedly not a fan of Trump's, you do seem to go out of your way to promote his dishonest rhetoric. Everything @Subduction Zone said was true.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is there a constitutional power that allows h to do that? I do t recall one, but maybe you are more versed in that.

If there is no election, he still leaves office in January. There is no constitutional authority that allows him to remain in office past that date without an election.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If there is no election, he still leaves office in January. There is no constitutional authority that allows him to remain in office past that date without an election.
I didn't think so. So the angst over no election is just silly

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You don't have a point. All you have is rhetoric. Trump is unpopular because he is an incompetent buffoon. At times of crisis we usually fight together. Trump is such a poor leader that for the first time when we see a threat we are not working together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,438,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Times have changed. We've become more divided.

This pandemic is an example. Fauci is telling us not to be too concerned about the disease Feb 15. But Trump totally failed because he didn't do something in January.

Trump closes travel from China and he's a racist. Now he didn't close it sooner or enough. Unemployment down? No credit. Income up? No credit. Black employment down? No credit. Pulling out of nuclear deal. No credit. Pulling back on finding to get other countries to pay more of their share in NATO no credit.

Sorry but objectivity is gone.

Take that up with the divider and chief. His power depends on division and in this crisis, confusing the public. The fact that this administration is self-congratulating itself after 60k plus Americans have died....is utterly disgusting.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More likely is that the president will postpone the election for a year or two when the second wave comes in the fall.
He doesn't have the power to do that, it would take an act of congress. And will congress the way it is, I don't think that will happen.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't have the power to do that, it would take an act of congress. And will congress the way it is, I don't think that will happen.
Even if he could, in theory ,postpone the election, his term as president still ends in January of 2021. Who would become president would then go by the rules of succession. Those rules would be interesting

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟313,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if he could, in theory ,postpone the election, his term as president still ends in January of 2021. Who would become president would then go by the rules of succession. Those rules would be interesting
Yes, that is my understanding.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You don't have a point. All you have is rhetoric. Trump is unpopular because he is an incompetent buffoon. At times of crisis we usually fight together. Trump is such a poor leader that for the first time when we see a threat we are not working together.

Well, maybe not the first time... we did have a Civil War that one time...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that is my understanding.

Very interesting indeed... because if Donald's out, it would stand to reason that Pence goes with him... next in line would be the Speaker of the House.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, maybe the Senate, but certainly not the House.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well not may stories come from Yahoo news that support anything Trump does.... so .. I don't know what they are going on about. I don't see it read it anywhere else. God has his back.. Yes.. I believe God put what we needed.. not wanted.. what would work.
Why does God hate the US, now?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Even if he could, in theory ,postpone the election, his term as president still ends in January of 2021. Who would become president would then go by the rules of succession.

...which illustrates the silliness of any claim that President Trump will attempt to postpone the November election in order to stay in office.

Upvote 0