Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/397257-drudge-report-putin-dominates-trump-in-helsinki

Conservative website Drudge Report on Monday declared that Russian President Vladimir Putin emerged from his meeting with President Trumpwith the upper-hand.

The website blared a headline of "Putin Dominates in Hel" across its homepage, a reference to the leaders' meeting in Helsinki, Finland.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/397245-mccain-trump-performance-disgraceful

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) called the U.S.-Russia summit in Helsinki “a tragic mistake” and faulted President Trump for “naiveté” and “egotism” in meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

He also labeled Trump's press conference with Putin as “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...mp-over-performance-at-putin-press-conference

Fox News, which is normally friendlier territory for the president, was also largely critical of Trump's performance.

Bret Baier called the press conference "surreal."

Fox News analyst Brit Hume called Trump’s reference to the probe into Clinton’s private email server to deflect questions about Russian interference a “lame response, to say the least.”

Fox Business Network's Neil Cavuto laid into Trump, calling it “disgusting” that the president did not confront Putin.

“It’s not a right or left thing. It’s just wrong,” Cavuto said, adding that Trump failed to offer “even a mild criticism.”

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/16/17577256/trump-putin-meeting-paul-ryan-statement

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) has issued a statement slamming President Donald Trump’s refusal to admit Moscow interfered in the 2016 election during his press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki on Monday.

“There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world,” Ryan said in a statement. “The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally.”

That’s the most powerful Republican in the House condemning a president of his own party.
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...-protest-after-trump-praises-putin-in-finland

Every Republican, every Democrat, every liberal, every conservative and every American of all political persuasions — especially every Republican leader in Congress — should roundly denounce the disgraceful comments by President Trump in his press conference Monday with Vladimir Putin, the Russian dictator who continues his attacks against American elections and American democracy.

Congressional leaders and members in both parties should enact a detailed motion of censure against Trump for his attacks against special counsel Robert Mueller, his attacks against the investigations of Russia’s attack on America, his attacks against the FBI and, above all, his reprehensible comments when standing next to Putin at his press conference Monday.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...kers-pundits-react-trump-s-joint-news-n891736

Former CIA director John Brennan, a Democrat and a frequent Trump critic, called Trump's performance at the news conference "nothing short of treasonous."

Retiring Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., called it "shameful.".......

"A person can be in favor of improving relations with Russia, in favor of meeting with Putin, and still think something is not right here," tweeted Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich.

Abby Huntsman, a Fox News reporter and daughter of U.S. Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman, excoriated Trump in a tweet, saying "no negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus."

Sen. Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., also called Trump's remarks a "missed opportunity" to hold Russia accountable.

"This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves," Graham said in a tweet.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-call-trump-putin-meeting-shameful/788752002/

“Russia interfered in the 2016 election. Our nation’s top intelligence agencies all agree on that point," Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said in a statement. "I trust the good work of our intelligence and law enforcement personnel who have sworn to protect the United States of America from enemies foreign and domestic.”

Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., agreed.

“I never thought I would see the day when our American president would stand on the stage with the Russian president and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression,” Flake posted on Twitter.

“This is shameful,” he added........

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., who as chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee led a high-profile hearing last week delving into alleged anti-Trump bias at the FBI, said he is confident Trump’s aides will impress on him Russia’s involvement in the election.

“Russia is not our friend,” Gowdy said, adding that he hoped White House officials would communicate to Trump that “it is possible to conclude Russia interfered with our election in 2016 without delegitimizing his electoral success."

“Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning regarding future elections,” Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., posted on Twitter.......

Texas-based Republican political consultant Matt Mackowiak said he had no problem with Trump meeting with Putin to discuss policy issues, but said "it is outrageous, dangerous and ridiculous to take Putin’s word over the U.S. intelligence community" on the issue of election meddling.

Mackowiak and other Republicans took to social media to express their dismay.

IMHO, I agree with Brennan.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well this is probably only the first of several meetings that Putin and Trump will be having.

Kind of knew even before the meeting that no matter what Trump said he was going to get blasted from all sides. His true supporters are starting to get a little kick out of that. What can you do when someone puts you down before you even open your mouth? Only what's right in your heart and what's best for the country (in the long run.) There is a long-term picture that some cannot bring into focus.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well this is probably only the first of several meetings that Putin and Trump will be having.

Kind of knew even before the meeting that no matter what Trump said he was going to get blasted from all sides. His true supporters are starting to get a little kick out of that. What can you do when someone puts you down before you even open your mouth? Only what's right in your heart and what's best for the country (in the long run.) There is a long-term picture that some cannot bring into focus.

M-Bob
So you agree with everything Trump says and does?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Before becoming a hero of the modern left, John Brennan's CIA spied on the Senate Intelligence Committee in order to shield their agency from an inquiry into their torture practices.

I fondly remember when the liberals opposed torture, questioned corporations, government power, and authority. I didn't change, the so-called liberals did.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Trump's 'true supporters' are waiting for Sara Huckabee Sanders to tell them what happened/what to think before committing to an opinion.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I <3 Rand Paul some times.

basepaul.png

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You may dislike Brennan, but he was not the only critic.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/397281-mcconnell-russians-are-not-our-friends

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday said that Russia is not a friend of the U.S. and that he supports the intelligence community’s finding that Moscow meddled in the 2016 election.

“I have said a number of times, I’ll say it again: The Russians are not our friends. And I entirely believe the assessment of our intelligence community,” McConnell told reporters.

McConnell’s comments come hours after President Trump sparked immediate backlash following a joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin where he refused to condemn Russia for interfering in the 2016 election.​

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-putin-summit-reactions_us_5b4cc234e4b022fdcc5c0304

Former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, a Republican, said Trump
“failed America today.”

“It’s a sad day for America,” Hagel said Monday during an appearance
on CNN. “It’s a sad day for the world.”

Chris Donovan

✔@chrisdonovan

https://twitter.com/chrisdonovan/status/1018906744129548290

Former Republican Senator (and Defense Secretary under Obama) Chuck Hagel just now on CNN: "President Trump failed America today. He failed America, our interests today, in every way" // "Sad day for America. Sad day for the world"

1:14 PM - Jul 16, 2018

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/congress-reaction-trump-putin-comments/index.html

Some Republicans in both the House and Senate -- even some typically seen as allies to the President -- said in the hours following the news conference that they were concerned over what they heard Monday.
"As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, I am deeply troubled by President Trump's defense of Putin against the intelligence agencies of the U.S. & his suggestion of moral equivalence between the U.S. and Russia. Russia poses a grave threat to our national security," said Rep. Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican.
Rep. Trey Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican who was among the Republicans leading last week's sharply partisan hearing of FBI agent Peter Strzok, made clear Monday he did not see Russia as a US ally.
"I am confident former CIA Director and current Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, DNI Dan Coats, Ambassador Nikki Haley, FBI Director Chris Wray, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and others will be able to communicate to the President it is possible to conclude Russia interfered with our election in 2016 without delegitimizing his electoral success," Gowdy said in a statement.
Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins said she sharply disagreed with Trump's comments.
"It's certainly not helpful for the President to express doubt about the conclusions of his own team," Collins told reporters. "He has assembled a first-rate intelligence team handled by Dan Coats and I would hope that he would take their analysis over the predictable denials of President Putin."​

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Before becoming a hero of the modern left, John Brennan's CIA spied on the Senate Intelligence Committee in order to shield their agency from an inquiry into their torture practices.

I fondly remember when the liberals opposed torture, questioned corporations, government power, and authority. I didn't change, the so-called liberals did.

When your choices are to believe Trump or believe our intelligence agencies, for those who value truth, the choice is fairly straightforward.

I remember when conservatives at least paid lip service to honesty, ethics, and morality.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1bf7847b375_story.html?utm_term=.8cef1b69f0e2

THE ENDURING image of the U.S.-Russia summit in Helsinki on Monday will be that of President Trump standing next to Vladimir Putin and suggesting he found Mr. Putin’s “powerful” denial at least as persuasive as the U.S. intelligence community’s unanimous finding that Russia intervened in the 2016 election. Coupled with another groundless attack on the FBI and an apparent endorsement of a patently disingenuous offer by Mr. Putin to collaborate with the investigation of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Mr. Trump appeared to align himself with the Kremlin against American law enforcement before the Russian ruler and a global audience.......

In Helsinki, Mr. Trump again insisted “there was no collusion” with Russia. Yet in refusing to acknowledge the plain facts about Russia’s behavior, while trashing his own country’s justice system, Mr. Trump in fact was openly colluding with the criminal leader of a hostile power.​

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
When your choices are to believe Trump or believe our intelligence agencies, for those who value truth, the choice is fairly straightforward.

I remember when conservatives at least paid lip service to honesty, ethics, and morality.

I'm a dirty liberal centrist, sorry.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Trump's betrayal of our country with this is far more unpatriotic than the football players not standing for the anthem. Not that he comprehends that or anything.

Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
BTW, if I cannot say that Brennan is a liar for lying before congress, as that would be considered flaming, wouldn't calling Trump a traitor also be flaming?

Trying to figure out how these flame rules work for famous people :mmh:

I know. The flaming of famous people seems bizarre. But I rather assume it is because Trump's ardent supporters cannot stand when their lord and savior is blasphemed. So it's more like a blasphemy rule.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0