• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

need help

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia' started by andrewl33, Jan 7, 2016.

1. LaSorcia

LaSorcia KittyKat Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+31,120
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    My heart goes out to you, it really does. Praying for God's support and help, and that other people come to your aid.

2. sparkle123

sparkle123 Active Member Supporter

+182
    Christian
    Married
    Even though you're still experiencing anxiety I am glad to hear it's not getting to panic attacks anymore. It will get better. Praying for you. Keep posting.

3. felix ekemini

felix ekemini New Member

+2
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Am sorry you have to be passing through all that but just know that everything you need in order for you to be fine is in God's word. Here are some bible verses that will help you. Just hold unto the words and meditate on them.
    Psalms 107:19-20: "then the cry unto the Lord in thier trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses... he sent forth his word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions"

Isaiah 58:8- 9a: then shall thy light breakforth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily and thy righteousness shall go before thee, the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward then shalt thou call and the Lord shall answer, thou shall cry and he shall say, here i am"
    1peters 2:24: who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins should live unto righteousness, by whose stripes ye were healed."

Isaiah 33:24 : and the inhabitants of zion shall not say, i am sick, the people that dwell there in shall be forgiven of their iniquity.

Meditate on these words and your healing and forgiveness of sin shall come speedyly.

4. Saint P

Saint P New Member

+4
    Christian
    Married
    Hello,

Please if you have time check my blog on Anxiety and I hope it helps you. I know what it feels like cos I once experienced these things.

http://peterodon.com/index.php/2016/03/16/dealing-with-anxiety-part-1/

The truth is that the fear and consciousness of it brings it constantly on. Its always good to check it out with the doctor and once you find out its Anxiety then you can apply all I may have covered to help get rid of it. You will be okay and truthfully empowered to help others. Stay blessed

5. andrewl33

andrewl33 New Member

+7
    Christian
    Married
    I would like to ask that anyome that reads this pray for me. I dont have a lot of time to say everything thats happened since the kast time i posted here but basically my anxiety and panic have stopped several timea only to start back up worse then before. Thats where im at right now. I went through a time of peace and now im having 24 hr anxiety and panic i feel sick to death. My wife has had 2 miscarriages and thats taken a toll on both of us. Whenever i go to God at times like these i feel his peace but it never lasts long. I need this to be gone. Being a husband and a father is hard enough on its own.

6. Poppyseed78

Poppyseed78 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,275
    Christian
    Married
    I'm praying for healing and peace for you and your family. I truly hope you are able to live free from the anxiety.

7. All Moving Parts

All Moving Parts Never say die!

+30
    Lutheran
    Single
    Remember that the LORD is with you! I've said a quick prayer for you...I know how anxiety is. I'm real sorry. :( It'll be alright!

8. Far Side Of the Moon

Far Side Of the Moon " The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)

+2,865
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    My friend tried to quit smoking and she ended up staying up 2 days straight... So I understand its hard...ask god for help

9. kodadog1024

kodadog1024 Well-Known Member

+36
    Christian
    Married
    Andrew, are you able to workout? Take walks? I HIGHLY suggest it. Meds typically take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to kick in. I know when I dipped (pouches), I was doing two at once and then my heart started feeling weird. I went to the ER 3-4 times (over the course of 5 months) because I started to panic over having another heart attack. BTW, God is not punishing you, He loves you man and now He is requiring you to walk with Him. Between the moving, your loss through miscarriage and other stresses, it's no wonder. Again, I HIGHLY suggest working out whatever you can do (because of your knee). Even if it's walks with your daughter and wife. DO NOT sit and dwell on it. Praying for you man.

10. andrewl33

andrewl33 New Member

+7
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks for the prayers. I feel distant from God at times through this. I knowhe is always with us.

I do exercise and it does help.

today at work i felt so sick from stress and anxiety that i thought i might be dehydrated so i went to a clinic and they told me i had high bloode preasure and low blood sugar and they made me an appointment at another facility for tests. So now im waiting on thyroid, glucose, cholesterol tests to come back. I dont know how im gonnatske care of my family.

Anyone reading please pray for me.

11. NicoleWilliams

NicoleWilliams Member

+32
    Christian
    Married
    My heart goes out to you, Andrew. I commend your desire to be healed. I just said a prayer for you, asking the Lord to free you from the hold that smoking has on your life. May Jeremiah 17:14 be comforting to you. Good luck!