• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

need help

sparkle123

Site Supporter
May 1, 2015
✟64,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just an update and further request. I can't say if my anxiety/panic has gotten better or worse. I have feelings of anxiety everyday now to where i start to hyper ventilate but it usually doesnt go past that to panic attacks like it used to. Still very upsetting to deal with multiple times a day.

im so lost in negetive emotion right now i dont know where to turn to. I cry everyday now.

My knee is starting to give out. Haf a ultra sound on my testicles. They found a varicocele and a cyst. Nothing cancerous but still troubling and one of my testicals is in pain and starting to swell. Dont have doctors appt to find out the next step for 2 more weeks.

Just bought a house. Moving this weekend. I dont think im going to be able to keep working the way things are going. My wife doesnt work. Im so torn. Ineed a answer from God.

Even though you're still experiencing anxiety I am glad to hear it's not getting to panic attacks anymore. It will get better. Praying for you. Keep posting.

Upvote 0

felix ekemini

Feb 26, 2016
NIGERIA
✟15,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Am sorry you have to be passing through all that but just know that everything you need in order for you to be fine is in God's word. Here are some bible verses that will help you. Just hold unto the words and meditate on them.
Psalms 107:19-20: "then the cry unto the Lord in thier trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses... he sent forth his word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions"

Isaiah 58:8- 9a: then shall thy light breakforth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily and thy righteousness shall go before thee, the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward then shalt thou call and the Lord shall answer, thou shall cry and he shall say, here i am"
1peters 2:24: who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins should live unto righteousness, by whose stripes ye were healed."

Isaiah 33:24 : and the inhabitants of zion shall not say, i am sick, the people that dwell there in shall be forgiven of their iniquity.

Meditate on these words and your healing and forgiveness of sin shall come speedyly.

Upvote 0

Saint P

Mar 20, 2016
Australia
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Please if you have time check my blog on Anxiety and I hope it helps you. I know what it feels like cos I once experienced these things.

http://peterodon.com/index.php/2016/03/16/dealing-with-anxiety-part-1/

The truth is that the fear and consciousness of it brings it constantly on. Its always good to check it out with the doctor and once you find out its Anxiety then you can apply all I may have covered to help get rid of it. You will be okay and truthfully empowered to help others. Stay blessed

Upvote 0

andrewl33

Jan 7, 2016
georgia
✟9,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to ask that anyome that reads this pray for me. I dont have a lot of time to say everything thats happened since the kast time i posted here but basically my anxiety and panic have stopped several timea only to start back up worse then before. Thats where im at right now. I went through a time of peace and now im having 24 hr anxiety and panic i feel sick to death. My wife has had 2 miscarriages and thats taken a toll on both of us. Whenever i go to God at times like these i feel his peace but it never lasts long. I need this to be gone. Being a husband and a father is hard enough on its own.

Upvote 0

All Moving Parts

Never say die!
Dec 28, 2015
United States
✟53,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would like to ask that anyome that reads this pray for me. I dont have a lot of time to say everything thats happened since the kast time i posted here but basically my anxiety and panic have stopped several timea only to start back up worse then before. Thats where im at right now. I went through a time of peace and now im having 24 hr anxiety and panic i feel sick to death. My wife has had 2 miscarriages and thats taken a toll on both of us. Whenever i go to God at times like these i feel his peace but it never lasts long. I need this to be gone. Being a husband and a father is hard enough on its own.
Remember that the LORD is with you! I've said a quick prayer for you...I know how anxiety is. I'm real sorry. :( It'll be alright!

Upvote 0

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andrew, are you able to workout? Take walks? I HIGHLY suggest it. Meds typically take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to kick in. I know when I dipped (pouches), I was doing two at once and then my heart started feeling weird. I went to the ER 3-4 times (over the course of 5 months) because I started to panic over having another heart attack. BTW, God is not punishing you, He loves you man and now He is requiring you to walk with Him. Between the moving, your loss through miscarriage and other stresses, it's no wonder. Again, I HIGHLY suggest working out whatever you can do (because of your knee). Even if it's walks with your daughter and wife. DO NOT sit and dwell on it. Praying for you man.

Upvote 0

andrewl33

Jan 7, 2016
georgia
✟9,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andrew, are you able to workout? Take walks? I HIGHLY suggest it. Meds typically take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to kick in. I know when I dipped (pouches), I was doing two at once and then my heart started feeling weird. I went to the ER 3-4 times (over the course of 5 months) because I started to panic over having another heart attack. BTW, God is not punishing you, He loves you man and now He is requiring you to walk with Him. Between the moving, your loss through miscarriage and other stresses, it's no wonder. Again, I HIGHLY suggest working out whatever you can do (because of your knee). Even if it's walks with your daughter and wife. DO NOT sit and dwell on it. Praying for you man.
Thanks for the prayers. I feel distant from God at times through this. I knowhe is always with us.

I do exercise and it does help.

today at work i felt so sick from stress and anxiety that i thought i might be dehydrated so i went to a clinic and they told me i had high bloode preasure and low blood sugar and they made me an appointment at another facility for tests. So now im waiting on thyroid, glucose, cholesterol tests to come back. I dont know how im gonnatske care of my family.

Anyone reading please pray for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums