Need help from those who know hebrew! I may have discovered something...

grom777

Sep 4, 2013
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some hebrew letters in the torah have little decorative crowns on them called "Tagin" or tags...

They are only found on the 7 letters of Gimel zayin tet nun ayin tzadi and shin. They are called the Shaatnez Gatz (a word made up from those 7 letters to help remember them).

The Tagin (3 horned crowns) are placed on the "Head" of these seven letters, which is the large blocky part of the letter at the top, as opposed to the "legs" which are the stems that connect the rest of the letter together when writing it.

There are also other little protrusions on the letters called "tittles" or in the greek called "Keraia" which translates to "little horn".

When Jesus said not one jot or tittle of the law would pass away, he was referring to Yods (the smallest hebrew letter) and these Keraia, little horns on the letters.

The Tagin, by comparison, look like crowns and are made up of three horns.

Now consider the scriptures in revelation and Daniel concerning the antichrist:

Rev 13:1 "The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name"

And

Dan 7:8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully."

In the bible, God would change the name of people at pivotal points in their life...Abram became Abraham...Jacob became Israel and so forth...

Is it possible the part of the allegory of these scriptures is pointing to certain letters...with a certain amount of "Heads" and "Horns" that the reader who has wisdom and understanding can then discern? And does the "little horn" the supplants "three other horns" represent a change on one of the letter?

Combine that with hebrew Gematria, where there letters must add up to 666, and there my be a second method here for determing the name of the Beast!

Those who know hebrew, please let me know what you think!

childofdust

May 18, 2010
✟2,177.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Some hebrew letters in the torah have little decorative crowns on them called "Tagin" or tags...

They are only found on the 7 letters of Gimel zayin tet nun ayin tzadi and shin. They are called the Shaatnez Gatz (a word made up from those 7 letters to help remember them).

The Tagin (3 horned crowns) are placed on the "Head" of these seven letters, which is the large blocky part of the letter at the top, as opposed to the "legs" which are the stems that connect the rest of the letter together when writing it.

There are also other little protrusions on the letters called "tittles" or in the greek called "Keraia" which translates to "little horn".

Scripture was originally written in the Early Hebrew script (as seen in the Ketef Hinnom silver scrolls). It was then written in the Paleo-Hebrew script (as seen among some of the earliest Dead Sea Scrolls). And by about 300 BCE, most scripture had transitioned to the Aramaic (square) script. It is with the Aramaic script that those scribal flourishes began to be used. So only about a hundred or so years before Christ. By that point, most of scripture was pretty old. Decorative crowns and the like were a very, very late addition and no one until about the time of Rabbinicism (mainly influenced by Rabbi Akiva at the end of the first century CE) would have believed they held any special meaning.

Is it possible the part of the allegory of these scriptures is pointing to certain letters

Where in Daniel 13 or 7 does the text indicate that it is speaking of written characters or letters?

Upvote 0