Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
O how I am grieved in my spirit and feel the Holy Spirit grieving when a diluted watered down word is proclaimed, and substitutes the true Word of God.

We're going through "Heart of a Warrior" which has some really good stuff, but the handouts contain a watered down version of the Bible.
Example: Today was lesson 7 and they used Psalm 34:17-18 which read,
"Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there, if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath."

I had to look what version that's from and it's "The Message" (MSG)

When it was read, someone said "King David wrote this." I whispered "No David did NOT write that which was just read!" Because Psalm 34:17-18 says this:
"The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."

The Hebrew doesn't say "anyone" but infers the righteous. It doesn't say God is ready to rescue, but rather, "out of all their troubles delivers them." in the Hebrew. An affirmative, He will deliver, not he's ready to.
Yahweh (The LORD) is near to those who have a broken heart, not you'll find God right there, as it's sounding like God is in your heart. (Now you will find God when you search for Him with all your heart as Jeremiah says)
Furthermore, this is NOT what the actual scriptures say at all! "if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath." It says "And such as have a contrite spirit, saves" or as KJV words it in English "and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit"
Ruach is the word translated "spirit" which means spirit or breath. Contrite means to feel guilty, remorse, crushed, broken, cast down. Nothing at all about being kicked in the gut. And it doesn't say God will help you catch your breath (Ruach/spirit) but that He saveth those who have a contrite spirit! The word for "saveth" is Yoshia, which is very similar to Yeshua, which is Jesus' actual name. Nothing at all in the MSG Bible about the LORD SAVING, which is a key point of the verse.

Then the handouts lists Galatians 5:19,22-23 which reads,
"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce evil results.
But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace. patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control."

First, that isn't even a translation, but the authors translation of the NLT version, which is a corrupt version, very watered down. For some reason they also don't want to put the verses in-between, verses 20 & 21, which are quite important.

The actual whole scripture reads:
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

It's a paraphrase, not a translation of the original, and a poor one at that. Nowhere in the watered down version do the words "against such there is no law" appear, and don't you think that's important to know? And also, not only will the Holy Spirit produce those fruits IN us, but also we shall BEAR SUCH FRUIT OUTWARDLY.

It is truly sad how Satan has got his slithering serpentine tentacles all up in the Churches, with such corrupted Scriptures. They lack the POWER of the Holy Spirit which will convict the world of sin, and righteousness, and judgment, for the LORD shall come as a whirlwind, and a mighty storm. May those who speak His Word do so with Holy boldness, and keep the pure Word close in their heart, defending the Truth, for not one jot nor title shall pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass, but God's Word shall not, so who is MAN that he change the jots and tittles of the Word: which are the Yod, the smallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet, which also is the first letter in Yahweh, and a tittle is the little curve mark at the ends of a letter. Removal of any of these is corrupting the Word of God, and those old dusty manuscripts which were not being used, because they were incomplete and not important, should never ever ever take the place of the Holy Scriptures handed down letter for letter over the centuries since the Hebrew Law & Prophets & Writings in BC times, and the Greek New Testament.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or, we do not hear teachers anymore very much and most importantly ( as IM on this forum) not this forum.

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Or, we do not hear teachers anymore very much and most importantly ( as IM on this forum) not this forum.

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
O how I am grieved in my spirit and feel the Holy Spirit grieving when a diluted watered down word is proclaimed, and substitutes the true Word of God.

We're going through "Heart of a Warrior" which has some really good stuff, but the handouts contain a watered down version of the Bible.
Example: Today was lesson 7 and they used Psalm 34:17-18 which read,
"Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there, if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath."

I had to look what version that's from and it's "The Message" (MSG)

When it was read, someone said "King David wrote this." I whispered "No David did NOT write that which was just read!" Because Psalm 34:17-18 says this:
"The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."

The Hebrew doesn't say "anyone" but infers the righteous. It doesn't say God is ready to rescue, but rather, "out of all their troubles delivers them." in the Hebrew. An affirmative, He will deliver, not he's ready to.
Yahweh (The LORD) is near to those who have a broken heart, not you'll find God right there, as it's sounding like God is in your heart. (Now you will find God when you search for Him with all your heart as Jeremiah says)
Furthermore, this is NOT what the actual scriptures say at all! "if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath." It says "And such as have a contrite spirit, saves" or as KJV words it in English "and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit"
Ruach is the word translated "spirit" which means spirit or breath. Contrite means to feel guilty, remorse, crushed, broken, cast down. Nothing at all about being kicked in the gut. And it doesn't say God will help you catch your breath (Ruach/spirit) but that He saveth those who have a contrite spirit! The word for "saveth" is Yoshia, which is very similar to Yeshua, which is Jesus' actual name. Nothing at all in the MSG Bible about the LORD SAVING, which is a key point of the verse.

Then the handouts lists Galatians 5:19,22-23 which reads,
"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce evil results.
But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace. patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control."

First, that isn't even a translation, but the authors translation of the NLT version, which is a corrupt version, very watered down. For some reason they also don't want to put the verses in-between, verses 20 & 21, which are quite important.

The actual whole scripture reads:
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

It's a paraphrase, not a translation of the original, and a poor one at that. Nowhere in the watered down version do the words "against such there is no law" appear, and don't you think that's important to know? And also, not only will the Holy Spirit produce those fruits IN us, but also we shall BEAR SUCH FRUIT OUTWARDLY.

It is truly sad how Satan has got his slithering serpentine tentacles all up in the Churches, with such corrupted Scriptures. They lack the POWER of the Holy Spirit which will convict the world of sin, and righteousness, and judgment, for the LORD shall come as a whirlwind, and a mighty storm. May those who speak His Word do so with Holy boldness, and keep the pure Word close in their heart, defending the Truth, for not one jot nor title shall pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass, but God's Word shall not, so who is MAN that he change the jots and tittles of the Word: which are the Yod, the smallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet, which also is the first letter in Yahweh, and a tittle is the little curve mark at the ends of a letter. Removal of any of these is corrupting the Word of God, and those old dusty manuscripts which were not being used, because they were incomplete and not important, should never ever ever take the place of the Holy Scriptures handed down letter for letter over the centuries since the Hebrew Law & Prophets & Writings in BC times, and the Greek New Testament.
There are two general philosophies translators use when they do their work: formal (or complete) equivalence and dynamic equivalence.
Formal equivalence t
ranslations try to give as literal a translation of the original text as possible. Translators using this philosophy try to stick close to the originals, even preserving much of the original word order.

Literal translations are an excellent resource for serious Bible study. Sometimes the meaning of a verse depends on subtle cues in the text; these cues are only preserved by literal translations.

The disadvantage of literal translations is that they are harder to read because more Hebrew and Greek style intrudes into the English text.
read more here
Billy Graham was asked which translation is the best. He gave a very good answer:
"The one you read".

I think one has to be physically dead and with God in glory before that can happen.
I think you would agree that it does not mean we don't need teachers. It means what has been divinely revealed to the Apostles cannot be taught by any man. That rules out private opinions.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peacemaker1 said:
I think one has to be physically dead and with God in glory before that can happen.
Peacemaker1 said:
I think you would agree that it does not mean we don't need teachers. It means what has been divinely revealed to the Apostles cannot be taught by any man. That rules out private opinions.
I agree that divine revelation is not of any private interpretation; 2 Peter 1:19-21
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit...2 Cor 1:21-22
Therefore, rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:10-13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Any translations using the corrupted Sinaiticus or Alexandrian text should be avoided, except where to reference the differences. When whole verses, and parts of verses are missing, or other portions brought into question, these are very dangerous, as you then are feeding a watered down Gospel to the hearers and readers rather than the whole Gospel.

I have this man's book "The Inspiration and Preservation of Scripture" Here is a video he did:

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that divine revelation is not of any private interpretation; 2 Peter 1:19-21
Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit...2 Cor 1:21-22
Therefore, rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:10-13
everybody who teaches by words, is in denial of works:

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
everybody who teaches by words, is in denial of works:
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
The work of God is that you believe in Him whom He sent. John 6:29
But you don't believe because you don't belong to me. John 10:26

Last edited:
Upvote 0