• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need Guidance and Wisdom

jssceckert

Jan 14, 2018
Milan
✟16,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I come from a family who has always been poor. Most of my family members have mental health issues. Most of them need support and encouragement. That is why I have no one to support and encourage me.

Besides that...I feel as though I am the most mature person in my family besides my grandmother. However, my grandmother has even had a hard time guiding me lately becasue she has not been whaere I am in life.

I need guidance and Wisdom from someone who has been where I am....here goes...I am the secnd oldes cousin, oldest sibling out of four, and the first person to graduate college in my family. I am at a point in my life that very few people I know have been. I have just graduated college and I am looking for a job. I have a criminal justice degree and I pllan to go back to school in the distant future for social work.

I need to know what to do....I am married but my husband has a hard time making decisions. I am always stuck making the decisions and that sounds great until you are making decisions for two people instead of one. I decide where we eat, if we move, when to buy a house, where he should apply for work, and so on....he always asks me to choose and if he tries to choose it take months for one decision. I have talked to him about this but it doesnt change.

The point is im tire d of making choices. I am stressed and overwhelmed. I though college would help me find a job but all it has done is comfuse me. I have been grauated a month. I can not figure out where I want to work or how to get a job or if i should apply far away or close to friends and family. I dont know what to do. I wish there was a christian group i could go to that supporte me an gave me advice. my family has no idea about these kind of struggles because they have never been where i am. also they are all very negative people unfortunatly.

can anyone give me advice? on anything!

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not clear on his reluctance to look for work.

As for you, check with your law enforcement agencies. There are positions in criminal justice in Corrections, Probation-Parole, District Courts, Police Department Administration (Personnel), Juvenile Offenders, and so on. Inquire with your state agency, municipal government, etc.

• Useful
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As far as your career choices, that choice of what and where you wnt to work is on you. Sometimes the where gets determined by being hired by a company or firm that is not in your area. You either have to be ok with that or not. Check out national job banks and enquire if there are job classified sites that are specific to your degree.

Upvote 0

jssceckert

Jan 14, 2018
Milan
✟16,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was kind of hanging back to let others chat with you. First, congratulations on getting your degree! That is quite an accomplishment! You are in a time of transition. Have you already been applying places? Did you do any intern work?
As to moving very far away, my advice would be not to unless you have longed to live somewhere else. Moving would just add more stress to your life. Waiting for a job interview is enough to try to handle at one time.

Thanks for your reply, I did an internship at a probation office. I think you are right about moving. It would add alot of stress. I like to hear that waiting for an interview is enough stress. I was not sure if I was being to sensitive or not about being stressed over something that seems so small to others.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0