Nearly Four Million Low-Income Americans Now Have Health Coverage Under Obamacare

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
As I've written before, it's my personal belief that so-called "Health Coverage" - in context of ACA/ObamaCare - is actually pharmaceutical & allopathic "sorcery care".

Those who practice such pharmakon-"drug remedies" are practicing sorcery, and it is my belief that this is a sin: Rev 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." "Sorcerers" in the Greek is the word φαρμακεῦσιν (pharmakois), which is related to the modern word "pharmaceutical" or "pharmacy".

So-called "allopathic medicine" today revolves around the "pharmaceutical drug remedy".

"Sorcery Coverage" ;)
There is a little bit more to what Pharmakos means. However Pharmacy work is science and science is not magic. So we are all safe with not only health insurance, but the average aspirin.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
There is a little bit more to what Pharmakos means. However Pharmacy work is science and science is not magic. So we are all safe with not only health insurance, but the average aspirin.
I suggest that it is "scientific magic".

There are thousands of biological pathways in the body of a human, each of which can be influenced in some way by any pharmaceutical. Unfortunately, pharmaceutical scientists are not required to fully research every pathway.

So, taking a pharmaceutical may very well affect one biological pathway in what you might believe works in your favor, but along with it comes untold numbers of negative effects on other biological pathways that might not manifest themselves until years or decades later.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While President Obama has worked to bring prosperity to America and to save THOUSANDS of lives, the right wing has worked to destroy good reform:

10341633_690690297655209_8476063480961142530_n.jpg

Remember all that when November rolls along.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uninsured Rate Drops To New Low As Obamacare Sign-Ups Surge

The percentage of Americans without health insurance is at its lowest since Gallup started tracking such data in 2008.

According to Gallup's most recent data, 13.4 percent of Americans lacked health insurance in April. That's down from 15 percent in March and 18 percent in the third quarter of 2013.

Gallup's latest data is also proof that Obamacare is working to insure the people who need health coverage most. According to the poll results, which are based on telephone interviews with a random sample of 14,704 adults, the uninsured rate of people from households earning less than $36,000 a year has fallen by 5.5 percent since the end of 2013, more than any other income subgroup. The percentages of uninsured blacks and Hispanics -- who are more likely to be uninsured than whites, Gallup found -- have also fallen by 7.1 percent and 5.5 percent, respectively.

The more, the merrier! :wave:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thousands? Just a few pages ago you were telling us it was millions...

Lose the script?
I think it's millions more insured = thousands of lives saved?

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
more right wing lies exposed:

The Republican propaganda against the Affordable Care Act is seemingly endless. It’s like I’ve said before, I’ve forgotten more of it than I can even remember. Be it the ridiculous “death panels” or the lie that it’s a government takeover of the health care system, Republicans have continually spouted off lie after lie when it comes to “Obamacare.”
One of their biggest talking points against the law has been that “premiums are going to skyrocket!” A claim I often laugh at considering health care costs were already skyrocketing before, but now Republicans simply blame any increase on “the evil Obamacare.”
They also tend to ignore that for many Americans, health care costs have gone down. And they completely ignore the millions of Americans who’ve gained access to health care, many for the very first time, thanks to Medicaid expansion.

Insurance Execs Embarrass Republicans During Hearing by Debunking Key Anti-ACA Talking Point

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

You are attempting to disprove his poll by comparing it to polls you found, which do not ask the same questions.

The first poll you posted makes no comparison to Obamacare.
The second poll you posted asks the question
1.Overall, do you support or oppose the federal law making changes to the health care system? Do you feel that way strongly, or somewhat?
Which is not the same question asked in his poll.

The third link you post has multiple polls. None of those polls ask the same questions as the poll provided by HonestTruth.

If you want to show that other polls show a decreased approval as to the one provided by HonestTruth, those polls need to be worded to show an overall approval based upon a contingency allowing the government to make changes to the parts of the ACA people do not like. In other words, people do approve of many of the changes within the ACA yet would like to see it fine-tuned. The polls you provided only ask if people approve or disapprove.

HonestTruth's poll question was:

As you may know, a bill that made major changes to the country's health care system became law in 2010. Which of the following statements best describes your view of what Congress should do in the future: (RANDOM ORDER)Congress should leave the health care law as it is, Congress should make some changes to the health care law in an attempt to make it work better, Congress should repeal the health care law and replace it with a completely different system or Congress should repeal the health care law and go back to the system we had before it was enacted
Clearly, the question asked here is not found in any of your polls, and your comparison is not valid.

Reactions: HonestTruth
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You are attempting to disprove his poll by comparing it to polls you found, which do not ask the same questions.

The first poll you posted makes no comparison to Obamacare.
The second poll you posted asks the question
Which is not the same question asked in his poll.

The third link you post has multiple polls. None of those polls ask the same questions as the poll provided by HonestTruth.

If you want to show that other polls show a decreased approval as to the one provided by HonestTruth, those polls need to be worded to show an overall approval based upon a contingency allowing the government to make changes to the parts of the ACA people do not like. In other words, people do approve of many of the changes within the ACA yet would like to see it fine-tuned. The polls you provided only ask if people approve or disapprove.

HonestTruth's poll question was:

Clearly, the question asked here is not found in any of your polls, and your comparison is not valid.

He was stating that 61% approve..which is a higher number than any of the polls I posted.
Anyone can deduce from the polls I posted that it is nowhere 61 percent if the dig enough in the results of the three.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
He was stating that 61% approve..which is a higher number than any of the polls I posted.
Anyone can deduce from the polls I posted that it is nowhere 61 percent if the dig enough in the results of the three.

The questions in the polls you posted were not the same as the question in his poll. I explained this, and you ignored my post. I would be happy to discuss this further once you read my post instead of wishing away the evidence.

Reactions: HonestTruth
Upvote 0

The Outlier

Apr 20, 2011
Shelby County, OH
✟16,698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why would republicans hate the idea that poor people are helped? Thousands of different political worldviews are crammed into two main parties and a few lesser parties. I'm a republican, but don't like many republican candidates at all. You have everyone from Abraham Lincoln to John Boehner in the republican party- There are not enough parties to adequately fit everyone's viewpoint. Most people think that Obamacare doesn't work. Saying it doesn't work and hating the poor are not even related. If we care about the poor, we want to help them with ideas that work. 4 Million people is only 1.3% of the American population, BTW. That's not very many people that were helped.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So you're telling me that we spent several hundred billion dollars just so 4 million low-income Americans would have Health Coverage under Obamacare...

Seriously, it would have been less expensive to just write those people checks for $1 million dollars, that's how bad Obamacare is.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's a projection for the next ten years. We have not spent that much yet, and the 4 million figure from the OP will continue to rise over that time.

Considering more and more doctors refuse to take anything associated with Obamacare, it's just going to be more and more people getting sold a bill of goods.

Health Insurance isn't worth anything if doctors refuse to take it.

Upvote 0