Nearly Four Million Low-Income Americans Now Have Health Coverage Under Obamacare

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering more and more doctors refuse to take anything associated with Obamacare, it's just going to be more and more people getting sold a bill of goods.

Health Insurance isn't worth anything if doctors refuse to take it.

That's a separate issue. You said, "we spent several hundred billion dollars just so 4 million low-income Americans would have Health Coverage"

You were wrong.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's a separate issue. You said, "we spent several hundred billion dollars just so 4 million low-income Americans would have Health Coverage"

You were wrong.

Except the only number I gave was the one about the medicare funding, that wasn't the only number concerning costs in the article I linked to.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Except the only number I gave was the one about the medicare funding,

You also gave "several hundred billion" and "4 million."

that wasn't the only number concerning costs in the article I linked to.

I know. I read the article. I did the math. You're still wrong.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would republicans hate the idea that poor people are helped? Thousands of different political worldviews are crammed into two main parties and a few lesser parties. I'm a republican, but don't like many republican candidates at all. You have everyone from Abraham Lincoln to John Boehner in the republican party- There are not enough parties to adequately fit everyone's viewpoint. Most people think that Obamacare doesn't work. Saying it doesn't work and hating the poor are not even related. If we care about the poor, we want to help them with ideas that work. 4 Million people is only 1.3% of the American population, BTW. That's not very many people that were helped.

So what ideas have the Republican party proposed to ensure health care for the poor and those who need it?

-- A2SG, apart from tax breaks, that is, an idea that doesn't help many poor people who have medical bills....

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Turns Out Obamacare Premiums Aren't More Expensive After All

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turns...3900650.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

When the cost of an employer-provided health insurance plan is compared to the cost of an Affordable Care Act plan bought on a state health insurance exchange, the ACA plan will be more affordable on average, a new analysis from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Health Research Institute finds.

"In 2014, the premiums for health plans offered on new state exchanges under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are comparable to — and in some cases lower than — those being offered by employers with similar levels of coverage," the analysts concluded. "The data suggest the new exchanges are competitive with the current insurance market."

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A2SG said:
So what ideas have the Republican party proposed to ensure health care for the poor and those who need it?

-- A2SG, apart from tax breaks, that is, an idea that doesn't help many poor people who have medical bills....

Republican ideas?

None.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Considering more and more doctors refuse to take anything associated with Obamacare, it's just going to be more and more people getting sold a bill of goods.

Health Insurance isn't worth anything if doctors refuse to take it.

The people that should be held to account are Republican propogandists who keep pushing this bill of goods onto the public, from their "death panels" to the nonsense in the post above.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
45,000 dead Americans every year due to lack of health care (900,000 over a twenty year period) was a holocaust caused by Republican ideas. That was the true death panel.

--------------

Meanwhile red state Indiana has now chosen to promote life by singing on to ACA:

Another red state just caved on Obamacare - Vox

... there's a growing body of evidence that Medicaid is a great deal for states. For 2014 through the end of 2016, the federal government will pick up the complete tab for Medicaid expansion, so when states delay expansion, they're leaving federal dollars on the table. A recent analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities found that expansion only raises state Medicaid spending by 1.6% between 2015 and 2024 relative to not expanding.

BRAVO to Indiana for choosing life.

Upvote 0