NASA Scientists Present Theory About Why We Haven't Met Other Intelligent Life. It's Crushing.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
fish.png

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why?

You aren't respecting them.

In fact, you're using their disagreements as a point against Christianity in general.

How did you put it?

"Christianity lacks stability in itself"?

I was pointing out a reality that there of numerous differences throughout Christianity. I am not disrespecting anyone's religion, denomination or their individual beliefs. No religion is perfect, all have problems.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was pointing out a reality that there of numerous differences throughout Christianity. I am not disrespecting anyone's religion, denomination or their individual beliefs. No religion is perfect, all have problems.
And appending it with: "Christianity lacks stability within itself."

And while I think that's a good point worth considering -- (since it's probably Satan using divide-and-conquer tactics against God's family) -- you need to consider that 100% of God's family believes: IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

Which blows away any excuse someone's using to be an agnostic or atheist.

As I have told others before, don't use our differences against us, or I'll use our [100%] similarities against you.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And appending it with: "Christianity lacks stability within itself."

And while I think that's a good point worth considering -- (since it's probably Satan using divide-and-conquer tactics against God's family) -- you need to consider that 100% of God's family believes: IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

Which blows away any excuse someone's using to be an agnostic or atheist.

As I have told others before, don't use our differences against us, or I'll use our [100%] similarities against you.
What is disrespectful about an opinion, whether correct or not, based on the reality of numerous denominations? If on the other hand I demean the religious dogma that I may personally disagreed with it, that would be disrespectful.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is disrespectful about an opinion, whether correct or not, based on the reality of numerous denominations? If on the other hand I demean the religious dogma that I may personally disagreed with it, that would be disrespectful.
Fair enough. I'll withdraw the comment.

• Friendly
Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To avoid competition civikizations are
destroyed upon discovery.

A weak young one would be wise to stay quiet.
Analogous to keeping loaded guns out of the hands of kids, young not particularly bright civilizations shouldn't play around with particle colliders exceeding the centre of mass collision energies of 10⁸ TeV, the consequences of which are described in this post.
(By comparison our pathetically weak particle colliders cannot reach energies beyond 14 TeV).

end.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, this is true anyway, unless the Creator does as He Says, and when He does as He Says too .
Before the flood, the earth was ready to be overcome, destroyed, by the people inhabiting it. The Creator spared the earth , for a while, and spared eight people. Will He repeat ?
There was no flood

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The flood happened in the region of Mesopotamia, and was mainly meant to wipe out all the original descendants of Adam and Eve, except for eight, because all of the others were starting to breed with a lesser race or class of humanoids, and were starting to create hybrid offspring or children, when those original ones were not ever supposed to do that, but were supposed to have them, or were meant to have them all in subjection, after the fall of Adam and Eve, etc.

Funny how plans change at certain points along the way, eh...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
lead people away from Jesus, away from truth

Jesus is important… if you need salvation

My goal is awakening, hence I need Buddha

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think believing the truth would mess up two thousand stories supporting someone's alternate hope or whatever.

All the evidence of course clearly shows the flood was sent by the Creator and drowned all humans on earth except Noah and the seven with him, as directed by the Creator.
Really? What evidence? A metaphorical, or
wildly exaggerated story or a completely
apocryphal one in a book?
Christian views vary among these.

All the relevant physical evidence proves
there was NO world wide flood.

ETA- the NO was left out for
reason of erroneous mistypo.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.