NASA Scientists Present Theory About Why We Haven't Met Other Intelligent Life. It's Crushing.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My words were we know the majority of SCIENTIST do not believe in the BIBLE _ my focus point was what is written in Scripture (God / angles of the Bible).... I DID NOT use the words in some type of deity or religion .... Nor did I use the words all scientist.

Scientists and Belief

Eminent scientists reject the supernatural: a survey of the Fellows of the Royal Society - Evolution: Education and Outreach

Are all great scientific thinkers atheist?

45% of UK scientists don't believe in God
Your link show that more than half of the scientists polled believe in God.

What am I missing?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Your link show that more than half of the scientists polled believe in God.

What am I missing?
Well, she did say "Bible". If, around the world, you count Muslim scientists and Buddhist scientists and Hindu scientists and Pagan scientists, etc., then I'm sure the majority of scientists don't believe the Bible ... whether or not they believe in a higher power.

Of course, the links are not about the Bible. So ...

But if, around the world, the majority don't believe in the Christian god, then I imagine the majority don't believe the Bible.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Didn't we send out the Aricebo message back in the 70s, depicting Earth as the third planet from the sun, in a solar system with nine planets?
Yes. And within a month (if I remember correctly) there was an odd signal from space that sounded a lot like laughing. We just figured it was the Russians.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
QUOTE="Larnievc, post: 77001887, member: 378863"]Your link show that more than half of the scientists polled believe in God.

What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

I knew this would happen if you had actually read the statistics you would find that it is said a religion or a deity. How many religions are deities worshiped are there who have scientists?
The State of Religion in China

China Religions - Demographics

https://www.state.gov/reports/2020-...ligious-freedom/taiwan/#report-toc__section-1
If you read the reports you will see they write on the percentage of scientists that believe in some type of deity are a higher power or a deity and when you subtract the percentage of those who worship Buddha or Hinduism or these other religious deities / lyrics they do not believe in the *Bible or God or the angels* I will diligently look for the percentage and I did not include Muslims - considering Muslims don't believe in the Bible or that Jesus is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. And within a month (if I remember correctly) there was an odd signal from space that sounded a lot like laughing. We just figured it was the Russians.
LOL -- it was a facepalm.

Wow_signal.jpg

Reactions: John Caldwell
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="Larnievc, post: 77001887, member: 378863"]Your link show that more than half of the scientists polled believe in God.

What am I missing?

I knew this would happen if you had actually read the statistics you would find that it is said a religion or a deity. How many religions are deities worshiped are there who have scientists?

Taiwan - United States Department of State
If you read the reports you will see they write on the percentage of scientists that believe in some type of deity are a higher power or a deity and when you subtract the percentage of those who worship Buddha or Hinduism or these other religious deities / lyrics they do not believe in the *Bible or God or the angels* I will diligently look for the percentage and I did not include Muslims - considering Muslims don't believe in the Bible or that Jesus is God.[/QUOTE]

They believe in a higher power. Christianity is not the only religion its ~45,000 denominations show it lacks stability itself.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christianity is not the only religion its ~45,000 denominations show it lacks stability itself.
And yet every single person who was a Christian in the past, is a Christian now, and will be a Christian tomorrow believes IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

So if lack of agreement turns you off; does total agreement turn you on?

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

Taiwan - United States Department of State
If you read the reports you will see they write on the percentage of scientists that believe in some type of deity are a higher power or a deity and when you subtract the percentage of those who worship Buddha or Hinduism or these other religious deities / lyrics they do not believe in the *Bible or God or the angels* I will diligently look for the percentage and I did not include Muslims - considering Muslims don't believe in the Bible or that Jesus is God.

They believe in a higher power. Christianity is not the only religion its ~45,000 denominations show it lacks stability itself.[/QUOTE]

Actually that 45, 000 denominations is an error. The below link gives you a better outlook on how and where the 45,000 number came in and how the word denominations is used in Christianity and misused outside of it - all the different countries plays a key factor in the number.

40,000 Denominations Worldwide – Christianity Divided? - The Ben Smart Blog

Christians believe in Yahweh and his various names /Jesus _ of the **Bible** not the Quran or whatever the people of India, China, Taiwan, Korea, the nations of Africa, Japan, various Asian countries. To just say a higher power is lacking.

Christianity lacks stability within itself - the denominations of Christianity that have a few different views of a few different scriptures _ BUT all CHRISTIANS believe in the main points _ the redeeming salvation of Jesus and what constitutes sin and it's penalties.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christianity lacks stability within itself - the denominations of Christianity that have a few different views of a few different scriptures _ BUT all CHRISTIANS believe in the main points _ the redeeming salvation of Jesus and what constitutes sin and it's penalties.
I've been over this point before with unbelievers.

They'll put our differences right up in the storefront window, as long as those differences give them an excuse to knock Christianity.

But let our agreements be 100% strong, and it doesn't mean a thing to them.

• Winner
Reactions: Sheila Davis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
In other words, they'll get blindsided like they did in 1917 and mislabel something; then claim they never had egg on their faces in the first place?
No, they'll be honest about needing to adjust their conclusions to match the new evidence...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, they'll be honest about needing to adjust their conclusions to match the new evidence...
So let me see if I have this straight:

There could be "billions of species" out there, but not a single genus for any of them ... right?

Nothing like: Exteriores spatium [species], or Alienus [species]?

Or maybe they're planning to use the name of the planet for their genus?

Dunno.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,555.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
CERN did issue a statement dismissing all the potential nasties the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) could conjure up.
LSAG (LHC Safety Assessment Group) reaffirms and extends the conclusions of the 2003 report that LHC collisions present no danger and that there are no reasons for concern. Whatever the LHC will do, Nature has already done many times over during the lifetime of the Earth and other astronomical bodies. The LSAG report has been reviewed and endorsed by CERN’s Scientific Policy Committee, a group of external scientists that advises CERN’s governing body, its Council.
These were:
(1) Microscopic black holes (Earth destroyed, Universe safe).
(2) Stranglets (Earth destroyed, Universe safe).
(3) Vacuum bubbles or vacuum decay (Earth destroyed, Universe destroyed).
(4) Magnetic monopoles (Earth destroyed, Universe safe).

The Safety of the LHC | CERN

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
So let me see if I have this straight:

There could be "billions of species" out there, but not a single genus for any of them ... right?

Nothing like: Exteriores spatium [species], or Alienus [species]?

Or maybe they're planning to use the name of the planet for their genus?

Dunno.
When scientists name species it's from context and evidence... we have no evidence for alien species, so nothing to name them from.

Their entire existence is inference from conclusions about life on Earth and the observed state of the universe.

• Agree
Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,563.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I stand by my assessment.
You are not thinking big enough or understand the Christian perspective it appears.

From a Christian perspective, given that the Bible states that God will destroy this universe and build a new Heavens & Earth at some future time, one that will endure for eternity then it follows that from God's perspective our universe is most likely a throw away universe, a disposable universe.
Once His plan of salvation has been completed this universe is chucked & replaced by the intended real one.
In terms of creation, how's this for imagination. This universe, as vast as it is, with all that we can see about it and not see, probably does not even represent 1% of 1% of God's true creative power and abilities. That will be displayed when He creates the new heavens and earth.

As for other creatures, the Bible makes it clear that the spiritual realm is teeming with all sorts of spiritual / angelic beings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,042.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You are not thinking big enough or understand the Christian perspective it appears.

From a Christian perspective, given that the Bible states that God will destroy this universe and build a new Heavens & Earth at some future time, one that will endure for eternity then it follows that from God's perspective out universe is most likely a throw away universe, a disposable universe.
Once His plan of salvation has been completed this universe is chucked & replaced by the intended real one.
In terms of creation, how's this for imagination. This universe, as vast as it is, with all that we can see about it and not see, probably does not even represent 1% of 1% of God's true creative power and abilities. That will be displayed when He crates the new heaves and earth.
So who'll be around to see that display?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yet every single person who was a Christian in the past, is a Christian now, and will be a Christian tomorrow believes IN THE BEGINNING, GOD.

So if lack of agreement turns you off; does total agreement turn you on?
As usual you miss the point. If you want respect for your religious beliefs you should at the very least respect the religious beliefs of others.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They believe in a higher power. Christianity is not the only religion its ~45,000 denominations show it lacks stability itself.

Actually that 45, 000 denominations is an error. The below link gives you a better outlook on how and where the 45,000 number came in and how the word denominations is used in Christianity and misused outside of it - all the different countries plays a key factor in the number.

40,000 Denominations Worldwide – Christianity Divided? - The Ben Smart Blog

Christians believe in Yahweh and his various names /Jesus _ of the **Bible** not the Quran or whatever the people of India, China, Taiwan, Korea, the nations of Africa, Japan, various Asian countries. To just say a higher power is lacking.

Christianity lacks stability within itself - the denominations of Christianity that have a few different views of a few different scriptures _ BUT all CHRISTIANS believe in the main points _ the redeeming salvation of Jesus and what constitutes sin and it's penalties.[/QUOTE]
You are quibbling over 5000 and I did use ~ which indicates approximately. You dwell on the minutia and miss the point. All religions have good and bad actors which is not a reason to look down on other religious beliefs because their religion has bad actors. Read the history of the Christian religion and you will find many bad actors among the good same as with any religion.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As usual you miss the point. If you want respect for your religious beliefs you should at the very least respect the religious beliefs of others.
Why?

You aren't respecting them.

In fact, you're using their disagreements as a point against Christianity in general.

How did you put it?

"Christianity lacks stability in itself"?

Upvote 0