NASA Scientists Present Theory About Why We Haven't Met Other Intelligent Life. It's Crushing.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What you just described in your post is what is called ontological subordination.

That's when one Member of the Godhead is in the foreground doing the work, while the other Two are in the background lending support.

In the Old Testament, God the Father was in the forefront, while the other two Members made "cameo appearances."

In the beginning of the New Testament, God the Son took the forefront.

At Pentecost, God the Holy Ghost took the forefront.

At the return of Christ, God the son will again take the forefront for a thousand years.
God in the OT is God the Holy Spirit after Christ in the New, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
ELOHIM = all Three in One = the Godhead, Trinity, Triunity, etc.

JEHOVAH = God the Father = First Person of the Godhead
Believe what you like/want, as long as you have a hopefully saving knowledge in Jesus Christ, ok man, lol...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@AV1611VET

It is pretty evident that we do not see God the Spirit handling or dealing with us in the exact same way we saw Him do in the OT, and this is not because He disappeared or is no longer here or is impotent, etc, but it is only because He is choosing to be with us different and handle us different until Jesus returns or comes back, etc...

God Bless!
Right now, in this dispensation, the Holy Ghost is here, keeping Satan and his angels in check.

That's why you don't see demon possessions nearly as much as they did in the Old Testament.

No "Maniacs of Gadara" running around.

Demons back then possessed people, and those people would often exhibit disease-like symptoms.

Academians can't understand this, and that's why you see them claiming the Bible teaches diseases are caused by demon possession -- when in actuality, nothing could be further from the truth.

Anyway, when the Rapture occurs, the Holy Ghost is going up too, and literally all Hell is going to break loose on the earth.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

"He who letteth" is the Holy Ghost; and He will be "taken out of the way" at the Rapture.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟917,256.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Serious question:

Does science have a genus set aside for these billions of species?
Nope.

Genus and species are made up as needed.

I'm honestly not sure what xeno biologists have considered as appropriate labels for life forms that are not a part of the tree of life we have on Earth.

New types of orders, kingdoms classes etc.

I'm guessing that much like separate but analogous branches of life on Earth they'd come up with a distinct scientific designation and more generic common name.

Like:
Ailuropoda melanoleuca VS Phascolarctos cinereus
and
Panda Bear VS Koala Bear

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God in the OT is God the Holy Spirit after Christ in the New, etc...

God Bless!
Yes -- three distinct Persons in one.

Paul calls it a "mystery," and scientists call it "nonlocality" or some such doctrine; implying that it is a natural phenomenon, not a divine attribute.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Right now, in this dispensation, the Holy Ghost is here, keeping Satan and his angels in check.

That's why you don't see demon possessions nearly as much as they did in the Old Testament.

No "Maniacs of Gadara" running around.

Demons back then possessed people, and those people would often exhibit disease-like symptoms.

Academians can't understand this, and that's why you see them claiming the Bible teaches diseases are caused by demon possession -- when in actuality, nothing could be further from the truth.

Anyway, when the Rapture occurs, the Holy Ghost is going up too, and literally all Hell is going to break loose on the earth.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

"He who letteth" is the Holy Ghost; and He will be "taken out of the way" at the Rapture.
You do know that after the rapture occurs, they will all be coming right back very shortly after that again, to live here again and set up His Kingdom on earth for a quote/unquote "thousand years", or until the end of this entire Creations age, don't you?

I haven't got into "the deep things of Satan" yet, and don't know that I want to right now, or that I am fully ready for that yet, but I think I do tend to sense them in a lot of people sometimes a lot, etc...

God the Spirit is protecting me and is teaching me right now, but I am really kind of still at the beginning with Him really, and I think He will tell me or let me know when I am ready for that maybe, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope.

Genus and species are made up as needed.

I'm honestly not sure what xeno biologists have considered as appropriate labels for life forms that are not a part of the tree of life we have on Earth.

New types of orders, kingdoms classes etc.

I'm guessing that much like separate but analogous branches of life on Earth they'd come up with a distinct scientific designation and more generic common name.

Like:
Ailuropoda melanoleuca VS Phascolarctos cinereus
and
Panda Bear VS Koala Bear
In other words, they'll get blindsided like they did in 1917 and mislabel something; then claim they never had egg on their faces in the first place?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes -- three distinct Persons in one.

Paul calls it a "mystery," and scientists call it "nonlocality" or some such doctrine; implying that it is a natural phenomenon, not a divine attribute.
As long as you have "the saving knowledge" (and have faith in it/that, etc), that's all I really care about right now, because all else is dung really compared to that, etc...

And I think you do have that probably, maybe, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do know that after the rapture occurs, they will all be coming right back very shortly after that again, to live here again and set up His Kingdom on earth for a quote/unquote "thousand years", or until the end of this entire Creations age, don't you?
Absolutely! :)
Neogaia777 said:
I haven't got into "the deep things of Satan" yet,
Just read a science or history book today and you'll get a good idea.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As long as you have "the saving knowledge" (and have faith in it/that, etc), that's all I really care about right now, because all else is dung really compared to that, etc...
I can see you're a man who cares. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
NASA scientists have explained in a new paper why they believe it’s likely we haven’t ever encountered intelligent extraterrestrial life — and it’s heartbreaking.

All intelligent life, they argue, has likely destroyed itself before reaching a sophisticated enough point in evolution to support such an encounter. And the same fate likely awaits humans unless we take action, they believe.

The “Great Filter” theory — as in “filtering out” various forms of life — argues that other civilizations, possibly several, have existed during the life of the universe. But they all destroyed themselves before they could make contact with Earth, noted the paper, “Avoiding the ‘Great Filter’: Extraterrestrial Life and Humanity’s Future in the Universe.”

...The scientists fear that all intelligent life, such as humans, have deeply ingrained dysfunctions that may “snowball quickly into the Great Filter,” they wrote.

“The key to humanity successfully traversing such a universal filter is… identifying [destructive] attributes in ourselves and neutralizing them in advance,” astrophysicist Jonathan Jiang and his coauthors wrote....

The trick, the biggest challenge of all, will be to work together to survive, the researchers said.

Check out the full paper here.
The Great Filter is actually scary theoretically speaking.

What if intelligent life is on the same level as us on the Kardashev scale, and that they too think that they are the only ones? It would be interesting to find out that there are other intelligent life still learning to leave their own atmosphere, but because of that, still remain a long way from us reaching them and they reaching us.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Absolutely! :)Just read a science or history book today and you'll get a good idea.
Well, when I tend to sense them is when people are clearly very, very immature, and are not in control of themselves, or their emotional states of heart and/or mind, or are under the influence of something that might be contributing to that, and are acting or behaving kind of crazy, or scary, which is for me scary, and that's when I sometimes think I can feel them or sense them at work sometimes, but I don't know if I am always right about that or not, because sometimes I might not be, etc...

Also when I can tell people have drank too much of the kool-aid of the/this world as well maybe, etc, or are very clearly too heavily influenced by this world maybe, and are not really thinking for themselves maybe, or also maybe when they are trying to be funny, and I don't think it's very funny sometimes also, as I can tell that it comes from the sickness that is in the world sometimes, etc...

And some other things sometimes as well, etc...

Like I said, I don't have it all figured out yet, but God the Spirit will teach me when I need to know, or as I need to know about it, etc, and right now I am kind of right now just now learning how to fully lean on Him or trust in Him for that, etc, and am also still learning to hear His voice right now, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, when I tend to sense them is when people are clearly very, very immature, and are not in control of themselves, or their emotional states of heart and/or mind, or are under the influence of something that might be contributing to that, and are acting or behaving kind of crazy, or scary, which is for me scary, and that's when I sometimes think I can feel them or sense them at work sometimes, but I don't know if I am always right about that or not, because sometimes I might not be, etc...

Also when I can tell people have drank too much of the kool-aid of the/this world as well maybe, etc, or are very clearly too heavily influenced by this world maybe, and are not really thinking for themselves maybe, or also maybe when they are trying to be funny, and I don't think it's very funny sometimes also, as I can tell that it comes from the sickness that is in the world sometimes, etc...

And some other things sometimes as well, etc...

Like I said, I don't have it all figured out yet, but God the Spirit will teach me when I need to know, or as I need to know about it, etc, and right now I am kind of right now just now learning how to fully lean on Him or trust in Him for that, etc, and am also still learning to hear His voice right now, etc...

God Bless!
Oh, and, when I speak of the world's kool-aid, I also think I have also met some more religious types of people who have drank too much of a certain kind of religious kool-aid also as well maybe who could be under the influence of Satan or certain kind of demons as well maybe, even from the pulpit, etc, but not all of them though, etc...

Still trying to figure it all out and for sure identify them yet, etc...?

People who can't control themselves though, or are clearly not at all ever in control of themselves though, or are clearly not thinking or are making any kinds of decisions for themselves though, I tend to avoid like the plague most of the time right now, until I can get better at it, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Great Filter is actually scary theoretically speaking.

What if intelligent life is on the same level as us on the Kardashev scale, and that they too think that they are the only ones? It would be interesting to find out that there are other intelligent life still learning to leave their own atmosphere, but because of that, still remain a long way from us reaching them and they reaching us.
Since this was posted from a "Christian" rather than "Secular" perspective ...
... Does Adam's curse extend beyond OUR WORLD? [C.S.Lewis explored this question]

If Adam's curse extends to Adams planet (world/earth/ground) from which Adam was created ... then an unfallen sentient creation might want nothing to do with God's "tainted" sphere. We are not a people to be "contacted" lightly.

[On the other hand, if God could have achieved His purposes without a "fallen man" and a "savior", would God have not chosen to do so ... this suggests that WE ARE IT. Created for HIS plan and HIS purpose. Utterly unique ... in His image. Not "one of many.]

Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟273,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That could have already happened. The lower vacuum state area would propagate at the speed of light and not have reached us yet.
Leaving the sci-fi aspect out, vacuum decay is theorised to have occurred in the very early history of the universe in the form of inflation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Could be that we are not intelligent enough to meet them. They see us looking and think "uck...those stupid humans". I call it the "theory of avoidance". :D
Didn't we send out the Aricebo message back in the 70s, depicting Earth as the third planet from the sun, in a solar system with nine planets?

• Winner
Reactions: John Caldwell
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Evidence please.

My words were we know the majority of SCIENTIST do not believe in the BIBLE _ my focus point was what is written in Scripture (God / angles of the Bible).... I DID NOT use the words in some type of deity or religion .... Nor did I use the words all scientist.

Scientists and Belief

Eminent scientists reject the supernatural: a survey of the Fellows of the Royal Society - Evolution: Education and Outreach

Are all great scientific thinkers atheist?

45% of UK scientists don't believe in God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since this was posted from a "Christian" rather than "Secular" perspective ...
... Does Adam's curse extend beyond OUR WORLD? [C.S.Lewis explored this question]

If Adam's curse extends to Adams planet (world/earth/ground) from which Adam was created ... then an unfallen sentient creation might want nothing to do with God's "tainted" sphere. We are not a people to be "contacted" lightly.

[On the other hand, if God could have achieved His purposes without a "fallen man" and a "savior", would God have not chosen to do so ... this suggests that WE ARE IT. Created for HIS plan and HIS purpose. Utterly unique ... in His image. Not "one of many.]

I feel that this limits the scope of creation. I think it may be possible that what we consider to be sin could be entirely different to another intelligent sentient species on an entirely different planet, and that God's unfolding plan among that extraterrestrial population is entirely different than ours. I use the example of the lower animals. If the lower animals can be sexually promiscuous with their own kind, without the need of the marriage institution and, often times, a family nucleus, and yet be without fault in their brute behavior, then these other sentient creatures may have a kind of morality that is necessary in relation to their own creation and environment. They may not reproduce and engage in sexual intercourse like us, and so not comprehend the concept of sexual immorality, but similarly, they may engage in gross forms of other sensual behaviors foreign to us, simply because we don't have that capacity. They may have functions that adapt differently. We may not actually affect them, and vise versa, if we made contact. We don't know.

So, I just think that the observable universe is vast enough already, and so cannot accept the idea that all of those innumerable galaxies are merely skeletons for us to gaze at. If we are "it" and the only "it," I would feel an existential sadness in the limited scope of our Creator. I don't mean to say that the redemptive plan is short of glory in its own right, but that this is all that creation could ever be. I am idealistic when it comes to stuff like this.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My words were we know the majority of SCIENTIST do not believe in the Bible (God of the Bible).... I DID NOT use the words in some type of deity or religion.
What evidence for that assertion do you have?

Upvote 0