Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When a man can kill 50+ people with a knife from a distance of over 1000 feet, you might have a point!
And how many people are killed in mass shootings like the one you mentioned. Relatively few. The vast majority of gun deaths are from drug addicts and gang bangers. Also, I might add that the majority of these mass shootings are done in "Gun Free Zones". So riddle me that.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And how many people are killed in mass shootings like the one you mentioned. Relatively few. The vast majority of gun deaths are from drug addicts and gang bangers. Also, I might add that the majority of these mass shootings are done in "Gun Free Zones". So riddle me that.

Could I instead riddle you on how it's relevant to the thread topic? Are you suggesting the drug addict and gang banger deaths make America Great?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that. You're putting words into my mouth.

Drugs and guns both have good and bad properties. My point is that depending on "controlling" them is inadequate. Where there is demand, there will be a supply.

We should have learned that from Prohibition.
Agreed! If guns became illegal in the United States, criminals would be the only people with guns. And honestly, I would probably be one of them because I will refuse to give mine up. For the record, I am not saying that I am a criminal. Rather, I would become a criminal because it would be a crime for me to keep my guns.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could I instead riddle you on how it's relevant to the thread topic? Are you suggesting the drug addict and gang banger deaths make America Great?
I was responding to someone else.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not exactly a diverse culture, virtually zero African and Latinos at all
USA got Africans by capturing them against their will, dragging them over the oceans in chains and selling them as slaves.
Not exactly something to be boasting about.

And boasting about your Latinos is silly.
It would be like Australia boasting about their Aborigines and Koalas and Kangaroos.
You guys all come from different parts of the world, of course your make-up is going to be different.

Australia does not have explicit freedom of speech in any constitutional or statutory declaration of rights,
Australia respects freedom of speech.

There are no gun rights
This is not something to boast about.
Many Australians have guns. But what Australia doesn't have is the extremely high firearms death rates that USA has.

I would certainly vote that Australia is a greater nation than USA.
But then again I would vote that NZ is better than both of them.

We did not conquer and enslave the natives, we did not bring over slaves to our great nation. We were the first country in the world to give women the right to vote. We don't have poisonous animals or hungry crocodiles, bears or wild cats.

Both NZ and Aus have a far greater sporting success rate per capita than USA. NZ hold the America's cup.
We don't have half our population denying science.

Oh, by the way. NZ is nuclear free.
Not even USA's nuclear powered ships are allowed or welcome here.
USA argues that the world should be stopping the proliferation of WMD, and yet they are frantically building up their own stockpile.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but that doesn't answer my question, which I will broaden. Is there any aspect of US gun laws/gun culture which contributes to American greatness?
No. Another poster used the gun violence to demonstrate that America isn't great. I told him that I never said America was perfect. However, guns are not the cause of the problem. Guns are the reason why the United States doesn't have the queen of England on their currency.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK, thanks.

Not sure I follow this argument. What is wrong with having the Queen on your currency? Is Canada or Australia somehow less great due to the presence of her on our money?
America used an armed population to overthrow a tyrannical monarchy that was oppressing the American colonies. America was great because they stood up against tyranny in its conception and still does so today even when the "Great" countries in the EU are sitting on their butts fighting over who does what. I will hand it to the French for their support for the American Revolution.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
America used an armed population to overthrow a tyrannical monarchy that was oppressing the American colonies. America was great because they stood up against tyranny in its conception and still do today even when the "Great" countries in the EU are sitting on their butts fighting over who does what. I will hand it to the French for their support for the American Revolution.

You're a bit all over the shop here. What is the relevance of any of that to have the Queen on currency? If your comments actually refer to throwing off the yoke of British colonialism, then I'll point out numerous other countries that did so without needing any guns at all, Australia, Canada and especially India as well.

Your comments about the EU make no sense at all. I'd ask for context, but I don't really see how it's in any way on topic, unless you think America gets to look great if you can somehow convince yourself that other countries are poor?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're a bit all over the shop here. What is the relevance of any of that to have the Queen on currency? If your comments actually refer to throwing off the yoke of British colonialism, then I'll point out numerous other countries that did so without needing any guns at all, Australia, Canada and especially India as well.

Your comments about the EU make no sense at all. I'd ask for context, but I don't really see how it's in any way on topic, unless you think America gets to look great if you can somehow convince yourself that other countries are poor?
BECAUSE AMERICA FOUGHT FOR ITS FREEDOM FROM BRITISH OPPRESSION WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE CANADA AND AUSTRALIA WAITED TO HAVE IT HANDED OVER TO THEM. Canada and Australia didn't earn their freedom, it was given to them and still show their gratitude and loyalty to their queen. Apparently freedom is only free if you remain loyal to the British crown.

Furthermore, India fought for independence in 1853 and lost and we saw how useless the EU was during the Kosovo and Serbia crisis. Leave world peace to the EU and all you will get is politicians arguing for years while people are slaughtered.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our grandfathers would’ve let the Nazis have Europe?
Either that, or they think we should wait until the undesirables are being put in concentration camps before we decide to intervene?

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No need to shout.

I note you didn't address India.
I feel that emphasis was needed because it seems as though you are failing to see the point. India fought for its independence in 1853 because they wanted what America had, freedom. Unfortunately they lost. After over 90 years of rebellion independence was finally granted to them in 1947. India fought a good fight so I think they deserved it. Which is why you do not see the British monarchy on their currency. Much more than I can say about Canada and Australia

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our grandfathers would’ve let the Nazis have Europe?
Are you suggesting that without America jumping in to save the day that Germany couldn't have been defeated? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BECAUSE AMERICA FOUGHT FOR ITS FREEDOM FROM BRITISH OPPRESSION WHILE OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE CANADA AND AUSTRALIA WAITED TO HAVE IT HANDED OVER TO THEM. Canada and Australia didn't earn their freedom, it was given to them and still show their gratitude and loyalty to their queen. Apparently freedom is only free if you remain loyal to the British crown.

Furthermore, India fought for independence in 1853 and lost and we saw how useless the EU was during the Kosovo and Serbia crisis. Leave world peace to the EU and all you will get is politicians arguing for years will people are slaughtered.

I’m pretty sure everyone who “earned” their freedom as you describe died 200 years ago. I sure haven’t done anything to earn it.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m pretty sure everyone who “earned” their freedom as you describe died 200 years ago. I sure haven’t done anything to earn it.
With all due respect. I am currently serving active duty and deployed overseas as we speak. I am pretty sure I have done more to protect American freedom than you have. 200 years ago, many great men died so that we could have the freedoms that we enjoy so dearly. It is people like me who have fought to protect those freedoms so you can enjoy them today.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,082.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
  • Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With all due respect. I am currently serving active duty and deployed overseas as we speak. I am pretty sure I have done more to protect American freedom than you have.
You had nothing to do with the war for independence, which you cite as how we “earned” our freedom.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What threat to America's freedom have you been fighting?
ISIS intent on spreading its caliphate on American soil. The same ISIS who seeks to have an ISIS flag flying over the nation's capital. The same ISIS who wants to kill you just because you are and infidel.

Upvote 0