Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, two things have got me thinking on this topic.

1. There was a thread recently where the question was posed "who is truly innocent." Spicy immediately responded with "Children, that's who." A short debate followed shortly after about whether or not Children were truly innocent.

2. I called my mom's cell phone the other day. My dad answered because my mom was giving my nephew a bath on the other side of the house. As I was talking to my dad, I could hear my mom yelling my nephew's name. My dad starts cracking up laughing as my naked nephew runs past him being followed closely by my mom chasing him with a towel.

So, as I was think about the issue of children and innocence, it hit me: naked!

Obviously children are born naked. I do see this as a symbol of their innocence but it goes well beyond that.

From observing nieces, nephews, cousins, children of friends, etc... I have noticed something. Kids don't mind being naked. They don't know any better. Most of them actually prefer it. Just strip a kid naked and then try to put a diaper back on them. They want no part of it.

They have no clue it is "wrong" to be naked. It's how they were born. There is nothing sexual about it to them. My nieces and nephews would hop out of the tub and take off running through the house. They didn't care who saw them or who was there. They just did it.

When Adam and Eve were brought together, they were naked. They were innocent and there was no shame in their nakedness. It was not until sin entered the world, and knowledge of right/wrong (sin) and accountability came with it. It was at that point that Adam and Eve realized they were naked and made clothes.

If you look at kids, the age they truly start to understand right and wrong is when they start to realize that being naked aint such a good idea in society. They go beyond action/reaction (touching a hot stove burns, getting hand slapped for touching something that I am not supposed to touch hurts) to understanding what is right and what is wrong. This is the same time these kids start to be uncomfortable being naked in front of others. They feel the sense of shame. They have the knowledge of sin.

To me, this is a prime argument for the innocence of Children. Until a certain time in their life, they behave simply on action/reaction. They know what gets a response. They have no knowledge of what they are doing is right or wrong, they simply know they like or dislike the results of their actions.

It is not until they really start to understand right and wrong, when they understand sin, that their nakedness because shameful instead of just natural.

Just something that came to my mind with these 2 incidents. Just a thought.

Comments?

Coach

justaGUYnamedROB

If anything could ever be this good again...
Jun 8, 2007
✟10,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know Coach, it's funny that you should mention this. The other day when Molly and I were discussing what we should debate about, this was one of the topics.

As in, if Adam & Eve had never sinned, and therefore had never discovered their nakedness and in turn become turned-on by the sight of eachother, how would they have ever mated? And the operative question was:

Did God originally intend for people to mate "in season" like all of the rest of creation?

Good thoughts. I totally agree with your assessment.

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't think nakedness is necessarily connected with sin on a psychological level, at least not outside of Western culture (and some others, such as the ancient Hebrews.) Even the standards of modesty within our culture have changed drastically over time.

Your illustration is good, though.

Upvote 0

Ramy

Mar 6, 2008
✟7,658.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think wearing cloth is important to protect us from cold or heat !
and to protect us from undesirable sexual temptations
and to protect us from sun radiation ( in the space ) or fire splinters in wars
and for some other countless reasons I think dressing is important thing to do .
I think it's impossible to get naked nowadays unless you were in safe environment like a bathroom or paradise !

and as you see a child cann't tell how it's dangerous to jump out the tub and run naked in the house so you must take care of it .
thank you for reading and I hope I expressed good using English.
May Jesus the christ bless you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Maybe there is an echo in here...

2.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you should show up to court naked and ask the judge "how can a body this amazing be indecent?"

Coach
^_^ I would do that.. but they would probably throw me in jail for all the courtroom ladies hearts that I would be stealing in the process.. :cool:

Upvote 0