In My Red Letter Bible, some of Jesus words in Black?

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
In my Red Letter Bible there are some passages in Revelation that are black but should be red. Now I understand some Bibles have some of this in red, but mine doesn't. It's a Hendrickson KJV gift Bible.

Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Should be "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

Or "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

Revelation 21:5-8, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Should be, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is clear this is Jesus because Alpha and Omega is in Red in Rev. 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Just for information; I have a KJV Red Letter Edition published by Cambridge at the University Press. Nothing in Revelation is in Red. Perhaps it is angels and not Jesus who is speaking?

That is odd. Most of chapters 2 & 3 are in red in most red letter editions, as it is Christ speaking to the Churches. I guess there are some major differences then. Some will say in Rev. 21 it's God speaking from the throne, so that would be the Father. Even in Rev. 2 & 3, at the end of each admonition it says, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

However, there is also this, "And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;" (Rev 2:8) obviously Jesus, as He is the only part of the Trinity that was dead and is alive.

• Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In my Red Letter Bible there are some passages in Revelation that are black but should be red. Now I understand some Bibles have some of this in red, but mine doesn't. It's a Hendrickson KJV gift Bible.

Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Should be "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

Or "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

Revelation 21:5-8, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Should be, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is clear this is Jesus because Alpha and Omega is in Red in Rev. 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I wouldn't go worrying about which words are in red and which ones are not. It is subject to the opinions of whomever is making the words red (and I have no qualms with it) and printing errors.

Upvote 0

marcoftheTruth

Mar 30, 2024
Horsham
✟7,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use biblehub.com to search for versions of the bible that suit my faith, NKJV has the verses you refer to in the bible in red, ATM I also refer to the 1933 Lamsa bible and 1526 Tyndale when studying scripture as respectively they give myself translation from Aramaic and Greek.

Eg:

In John 1, The 1526 Tyndale which is the first translation from the greek into english says: "favour for favour" not "grace for grace".

In Matthew 6, The Lamsa bible says: "do not allow us to enter into temptation" in the Lord's prayer compared to "lead us not into temptation" in most bible versions, which I feel the Lamsa translation is more in line with what Jesus Christ said when he told us to: "watch and pray that you do not enter into temptation" in Matthew 26.

*Note these are the versions that I use atm. On my journey, I have read many versions, and all have helped reveal things to myself and helped in myself growing in faith and Godly wisdom enjoy your journey just like our fingerprint each person's is different!

Upvote 0