Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My world is crumbling rapidly right in front of me and it's making me more depressed each day where I feel like I don't want to live anymore if this ultimately "wins" in the end. :(

I am mad and upset that I have to be part of the generation living the prime age of my life during this Great Tribulation (if that's what it truly is this time) and I can't understand why this can't just "reset" and go back to the status quo where it was last somewhat sane at least.

I'm writing this because I'm feeling anxious about it now and want to talk it off.

Pipiripi

Dec 10, 2017
Curaçao
✟9,278.00
Country
Aruba
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My world is crumbling rapidly right in front of me and it's making me more depressed each day where I feel like I don't want to live anymore if this ultimately "wins" in the end. :(

I am mad and upset that I have to be part of the generation living the prime age of my life during this Great Tribulation (if that's what it truly is this time) and I can't understand why this can't just "reset" and go back to the status quo where it was last somewhat sane at least.

I'm writing this because I'm feeling anxious about it now and want to talk it off.
My friend I understand your feelings, I have someone for you. Go in your Bible and get down on your knees and listen what Jesus is saying to you.
Matthew 10:34-39. I will see you later. God bless.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Have courage, every generation has concerns, it used to be fear of someone starting WW III with all of us going up in smoke and dust. You will be ok, avoid talking to the doom and gloom people and talk to people who have trust in Jesus. It is good to talk out fears but not with people who have the same fear you have.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,400.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi,
I noticed your post under "new threads".
I notice it is in the "American Politics" section of the forum. I am not American, and am not quite sure what you are referring to - but I'm here if you want to talk.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm feeling anxious about it now and want to talk it off.

Worry and anxiety when riots and chaotic protests are kicking off is understandable.
May I suggest a few things.
How close to where you live or work are these riots, just how real is your fear of them, are they passing your front door, at the end of the street or several miles away?

If they are at the end of the street, could you go and stay with a friend or relative who is further away?

Have you talked with your doctor or a councelor about your fears and anxieties?

Depression is a serious illness that needs professional treatment, so please don't just sit there do find someone you can all to.

As an aside why not talk to God about your worries etc
To get any real benefit you have to be totally honest, are you prepared to admit you are a sinner in need of God's help?

Yes I am talking about the only honest view of life, that of being a Christian.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since this is in Politics I assume that much of what you are referring to is the political goings-on in the US currently. I'm going to speak to this as a believer.

Jesus told us to "watch and pray" as we see the final day coming. But if we do too much watching, and not enough praying, we will get unbalanced. We need to keep sound perspective and a healthy state of mind if we're going to be stable and of any use.

The news and the the political rancor is overwhelming, to the point where it is dividing even the visible church. We need to balance it by reminding ourselves of the goodness of God, and that in the end He - and we - finally wins.

Jesus said to His disciples, "come apart to a deserted place and rest awhile'. Sometimes we need to get away from the madding crowd. Take in some nature - the beach, the forest, a country road. Enjoy your cat or dog, read a good book, etc.

Somehow the problems the Earth is experiencing are going to work out. The further I go on the more I realize how important it is to maintain spiritual poise and equilibrium.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is crumbling and will never be the same. God is sending this sickness and confusion. Driving people insane so they reject the very means in place for their protection. I thought the 60s were bad but nothing close to this.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may seem overwhelming but remember, this has all happened before, so, though I would definitely take heed to the warning, there may still be plenty of "somewhat sane" left.

Also, and this may sound overly simple, but you may want to consider Changing that "Agnostic" to something that offers hope, a hope so great that it's far stronger than anything that may come our way, and in the end, it offers a reward that far exceeds any other.

Clear purpose in life makes all the difference.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

My friend, we are all stressed out to one degree or another. All I can say is that past generations made it through the WWI, the 1919 flu, the Great Depression and WWII. If necessary, we can make it through this ordeal as well. Take life one day at a time.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is crumbling and will never be the same.

Life by definition is ever changing. Like someone remarked that it is a bridge to be walked over not for house to be built on.

Accept the change and adapt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Life by definition is ever changing. Like someone remarked that it is a bridge to be walked over not for house to be built on.

Accept the change and adapt.
Back in the 1980's I heard Ronald Reagan's former Secretary of Interior, James Watt, on Christian radio. One of his major points was that the end times are very close, and all the environmental protections on the books were basically pointless. We should consume and pollute with abandon.

I say ok, maybe life is a bridge. But dont leave a burned bridge for future generations. Nor a burned house, if that how you look at it.

That attitude is disgusting and wrong, brutally selfish, and is the result of a rather popular strain of Christian "understanding". This was not some (pre) internet rando. He had been US Sec of Interior!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is peace in Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Seek Him out and you will find your answer.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is crumbling and will never be the same. God is sending this sickness and confusion. Driving people insane so they reject the very means in place for their protection. I thought the 60s were bad but nothing close to this.

God is sending this sickness and confusion?

How and why??

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It may seem overwhelming but remember, this has all happened before, so, though I would definitely take heed to the warning, there may still be plenty of "somewhat sane" left.

Also, and this may sound overly simple, but you may want to consider Changing that "Agnostic" to something that offers hope, a hope so great that it's far stronger than anything that may come our way, and in the end, it offers a reward that far exceeds any other.

Clear purpose in life makes all the difference.

I just don't know what to label myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I hope you are seeing a licensed mental health counselor. You can probably do so via Telehealth. You are feeling what many, many Americans are feeling.

It is not hopeless.

Upvote 0