Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that is pretty crazy your family won’t help out. Used to be; that’s what families were for, you know? Now the world is full of dysfunction like never before.

Remember this verse?

“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
—Psalm 139:14

I don’t want to say ‘things will get better’ or any such cliche LOL, it is likely annoying to hear when in a tough spot and seems there’s no way out. But one day, likely when you don’t expect it, things will change to your favor. Will everything be perfect? No. But you will be content, despite whatever struggles, because you will be walking in closer communion with the Lord than ever before so keep praying.

I know it isn’t easy so there’s really only so much I can say, sometimes just have to wait out the hard times. You never know when your entire situation could change positively though.
Yeah you're right. I still have so many worries. I worry about my mental health still, praying for a job.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah you're right. I still have so many worries. I worry about my mental health still, praying for a job.
I know how difficult it is. There have been times in my life when I couldn't help but worry. But we must try to fulfill the commandment: live for today.

Anxiety gives rise to diseases, first of the psyche, and then of the body.

Matthew 6:26-34 ICB​

Look at the birds in the air. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns. But your heavenly Father feeds the birds. And you know that you are worth much more than the birds. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the flowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. God clothes the grass in the field like that. The grass is living today, but tomorrow it is thrown into the fire to be burned. So you can be even more sure that God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ All the people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things. And your Father in heaven knows that you need them. The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

God is almighty, He can do everything. Its resources are inexhaustible. He knows your situation and observes how you will act and other people will act in relation to you. He is merciful. I think that as soon as you pass this test correctly (with peace in your soul, trusting God with all your soul, without grumbling, with faith and hope) He will immediately help you. Either a job will be found, or another source of income. But God will not leave you!

We are praying for you and worrying about you. Please keep us updated on your developments.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know how difficult it is. There have been times in my life when I couldn't help but worry. But we must try to fulfill the commandment: live for today.

Anxiety gives rise to diseases, first of the psyche, and then of the body.

Matthew 6:26-34 ICB​

Look at the birds in the air. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns. But your heavenly Father feeds the birds. And you know that you are worth much more than the birds. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the flowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. God clothes the grass in the field like that. The grass is living today, but tomorrow it is thrown into the fire to be burned. So you can be even more sure that God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ All the people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things. And your Father in heaven knows that you need them. The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

God is almighty, He can do everything. Its resources are inexhaustible. He knows your situation and observes how you will act and other people will act in relation to you. He is merciful. I think that as soon as you pass this test correctly (with peace in your soul, trusting God with all your soul, without grumbling, with faith and hope) He will immediately help you. Either a job will be found, or another source of income. But God will not leave you!

We are praying for you and worrying about you. Please keep us updated on your developments.
At this point I'm not worried about a job. Just my sanity. I feel maybe I should do inpatient or something but I have no one to watch my kids so. Idk. I feel I'm fighting a losing battle.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Try and source some help. Any organisation you can ring? Dont go it alone.

Life can be REALLY hard at times. Or, in my case 99% of the time!!!! I know what its like. Plus, anxiety / depression makes it a hundred times worse!

Be strong. Try and seek help....dont give up my friend.

God bless you

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At this point I'm not worried about a job. Just my sanity. I feel maybe I should do inpatient or something but I have no one to watch my kids so. Idk. I feel I'm fighting a losing battle.
Perhaps, in addition to prayers and the help of a psychologist, a book "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegi will also help you

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have no insurance and I feel I probably need medication or something bad.
If you qualify for EBT, you qualify for Medicaid, which is free medical insurance for you and your children. There are also free mental health places in my area, there might be ones in yours.

Colleges also provide access to therapists, and you mentioned that you are in a nursing program. If you need mental health help, you should have access to it.

But I suspect that your mental health is going because your situation is bad and you are panicking. Then you are panicking over the fact that you are panicking and think you need medication because that’s the only answer. My foremost recommendation is to use that EBT card to get some tea, preferably chamomile, peppermint, or some kind of sage or blueberry. This soothes the mind and body. Chocolate would help too.

Two other things that help: Inhale twice, exhale once and long. This releases tension from the longest nerve in your body. Also, shaking helps release tension from your muscles and other nerves and emotions from your body. I think you’re getting so busy dealing with your situation and taking care of others that you are hitting your body’s upper limit of what it can take, and the lack of food is not helping. When that happens, my body sends panic chemicals to my brain to tell my brain to stop. I think if you take a few minutes to lie down and listen to what your body is telling you, you’ll be okay.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you qualify for EBT, you qualify for Medicaid, which is free medical insurance for you and your children. There are also free mental health places in my area, there might be ones in yours.

Colleges also provide access to therapists, and you mentioned that you are in a nursing program. If you need mental health help, you should have access to it.

But I suspect that your mental health is going because your situation is bad and you are panicking. Then you are panicking over the fact that you are panicking and think you need medication because that’s the only answer. My foremost recommendation is to use that EBT card to get some tea, preferably chamomile, peppermint, or some kind of sage or blueberry. This soothes the mind and body. Chocolate would help too.

Two other things that help: Inhale twice, exhale once and long. This releases tension from the longest nerve in your body. Also, shaking helps release tension from your muscles and other nerves and emotions from your body. I think you’re getting so busy dealing with your situation and taking care of others that you are hitting your body’s upper limit of what it can take, and the lack of food is not helping. When that happens, my body sends panic chemicals to my brain to tell my brain to stop. I think if you take a few minutes to lie down and listen to what your body is telling you, you’ll be okay.
My family is being thrown out again and my mom needs a place to stay. I told my dad no he can't come but I said yes to my mom and brothers.. this is my last chance I'm giving my mom. She said she's only staying a month.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My family is being thrown out again and my mom needs a place to stay. I told my dad no he can't come but I said yes to my mom and brothers.. this is my last chance I'm giving my mom. She said she's only staying a month.
I won’t say for certain because I don’t want to judge you, but to an independent observer you look like someone who is hyperextending themselves to take care of others when you can’t even take care of yourself. These finite bodies unfortunately have limits.

Is your mother or brothers willing to contribute to helping pay your rent? Given your situation, that’s a fair ask. Are they willing to look after your child for a few hours while you look for work? Right now you need supporters, not more drains on your very limited resources.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I won’t say for certain because I don’t want to judge you, but to an independent observer you look like someone who is hyperextending themselves to take care of others when you can’t even take care of yourself. These finite bodies unfortunately have limits.

Is your mother or brothers willing to contribute to helping pay your rent? Given your situation, that’s a fair ask. Are they willing to look after your child for a few hours while you look for work? Right now you need supporters, not more drains on your very limited resources.
It is fair to ask. My mom said she probably won't have anything to give and is only staying a month. I'm gonna make her pay the light bill atleast and I'll have my brother watch my kids for me.

Idk my mom for some reason feels she doesn't have to respect me at all and in the same breath feels entitled to everything I have. Even when I say no she pitches a fit like a toddler.

I told her to put her stuff in storage and she said she wants to feel comfortable in my place while she's here but I said no and she says why is this so difficult and I simply told her bc I have no space and I said what I said.

This is my last chance and ditch effort helping my mother; if she tries to boss me around in my own home or domineering it I may just throw her out and wash my hands of her completely.

Anyone else exp3rience this? I'm worried. I cant study for my TEAS exam right now.

Also I wanted to add. I can take care of myself. I may be struggling bc im human and not perfect but I'm doing it. My rent is paid, lights are on and my car is as well. So I can take care of myself. I just hit a rough patch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0