My wife received gold Teeth over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TehMill

Hmmm.... I've found that it's usually best to check out various translations before accusing people of "subtly changing" Scripture.
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. (NIV)

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. (NASB)

So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself). (Amp)

So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. (NLT)

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (KJV)

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. (ESV)

No one can have faith without hearing the message about Christ. (CEV)

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (NKJV)

So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. (ASV)
If I found myself wrongly accusing another of subtly changing "God's word" because I hadn't done my homework by looking it up in various translations, I'd be just plain old embarrassed.
communicating by the net is no different than speaking face to face, what is wise to do is weigh what is written and discern what the intent of the writer, for example "does this encourage faith in God's word or doubt" the difference is vital and couldn't BE more important, it divides the sheep from the wolves [whatever their clothing]

Upvote 0
T

TehMill

Don't believe everything your eyes and ears tell you.They are fine for driving but not for the things of God.
But many people [in fact the most] DO believe what their eyes and ears [senses] tell them. Or they believe what the doctor tells them, or what the dentist tells them. They SHOULD believe what God's word tells them even WITHOUT a preacher to tell them.

I am the Lord Who healeth THEE.....who is thee?
bless the Lord oh my soul......Who healeth ALL THINE diseases.....who are they whose diseases are healed?

I am the Lord I change not~ if in the gospels He healed ALL who asked Him and if this is not the case today WHO HAS CHANGED?

Mr Know the word......if people first will hold firmly to the ground that God's word is subtance [whatever our senses tell us] then the problem [in bringing His word to pass in our lives] is what we should be working on.

Nobody is helped by denying God's word of truth.

I put no blame on the needy ones, therefore the fault lies in the ministry and in those [that great crowd] who cast doubt on the integrity of scripture.

And they are such caring baa lambs

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is just so much going on, the attacks are relentless, and many of the attacks are coming from inside the church itself. One one hand, you have miracle charlatans, prosperity ponzi schemes, moving on to the 'missional' purpose-driven movement, which trades the gospel for works righteousness, moving on to the monastic tradition revivals of contemplative prayer, lectio divina, prayer examen, etc. Moving on to the eastern mysticism invasions such as christianized versions of reiki, yoga, prayer labrynths, etc. Then onto the emergent church crowd with their 'words have no real meaning' approach to scripture, their trading the orthodox doctrines for the musings of Niezsche and Hagel. Then onto the 'conservative' crowd claiming there needs to be a 'new perspective' on the writings of Paul, that we only know a Paul through the eyes of Luther, and not through the revelation of God's Word. Then onto the liberal wing, declaring war on the morals outlined in the scripture, gay marriage, etc. Then to make things worse, many have traded faithful translations of their Bibles for 'The Message' abomination, so when they do read the scriptures, they aren't actually doing so.

And that's just off the top of my head....

Wow.

You may well spend more time in your Bible than "looking through these things", but to be able to compile a list like that "off the top of [your] head", it's quite obvious that you spend a substantial amount of time "looking through these things".

I suppose this is the fruit of frequenting websites that make it a habit to look for what's wrong with everyone.

The attacks are, indeed, relentless.

:cool:

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
But many people [in fact the most] DO believe what their eyes and ears [senses] tell them. Or they believe what the doctor tells them, or what the dentist tells them. They SHOULD believe what God's word tells them even WITHOUT a preacher to tell them.

bless the Lord oh my soul......Who healeth ALL THINE diseases.....who are they whose diseases are healed?

I am the Lord I change not~ if in the gospels He healed ALL who asked Him and if this is not the case today WHO HAS CHANGED?

Mr Know the word......if people first will hold firmly to the ground that God's word is subtance [whatever our senses tell us] then the problem [in bringing His word to pass in our lives] is what we should be working on.

I put no blame on the needy ones, therefore the fault lies in the ministry and in those [that great crowd] who cast doubt on the integrity of scripture.

Excellent post and right on the mark

Upvote 0

THOU ART LOOSED

Jun 21, 2010
✟281.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I was saying about eyes and ears, was not to be fooled by senses, which is exactly what is happening in the church. Everybody is listening and looking at all the so called signs and wonders, like children at a circus. People are taking chariot rides. Do you atually believe they are? I hope not!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,755,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

Ok, that is ENOUGH

closing this

Edit to add that a number of posts have been removed. Please be aware of the following site rules:

Messages posted to this board must be polite and free of personal attacks, threats, crude or sexually-explicit language, rude comments, and innuendo.

Flaming
You will not insult, belittle, mock, use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members, or personally attack other members or groups of members. Do not goad another member or start call-out threads. Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian. Avoid using sarcasm to attempt any of the above. This flaming rule also applies to public religious figures.

If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Disruptive Behavior
You will not disrupt the peace and harmony of the site. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to, the rehashing of alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts or threads submitted in forums throughout the site, or ranting about Christian Forums or its staff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.