MediocrityInAction

Anti-Humanist
Dec 16, 2003
✟1,137.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Even implying that Europe is becoming Godless is offensive and ignorant.
We're working on it. Just give us some time, ok.
But anyway, two of my greatest friends were raised by two mothers. They were among some of the most well adjusted and content people I knew. They didn't grow up to be deprived morally-corrupt individuals, or any other such rubbish. The two of them are productive and effective members of society, and incidentally, both hetrosexual. I saw no evidence of a damaging influence whatsoever.

Upvote 0

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MediocrityInAction said:
both hetrosexual. I saw no evidence of a damaging influence whatsoever.

Well, considering how twisted most hetrosexuals are, that kinda implies damage already.

Well, I suppose I should let you know, your friends children are known as subjects H3276 and H3277, designated H for hetero; these things are closely monitored by the IGA (international gay agenda) and if they had a G by thier name, they would have been given "Gaydar: cereal of the future" for breakfast (supplied by your local friendly IGA).

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
jsn112 said:
Read this is what I wrote and I stand by it.

Explain to me then why the ACLU joined to help Jerry Falwell when they thought he was in the right, despite Falwell's persistent ACLU bashing?

Read the release here.

The ACLU is not a partisan organization, they are concerned with "individual rights and liberties."

Of course not. Secularism doesn't respect Jesus or any other religion for that matter. That's why Islam is gaining strength to fill that void.

This statement is nonsensical.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jsn112 said:
I will fly my Jesus flag before the Rainbow flag or the flag of the United States. That's my prerogative. But at least I am true to myself. And least of all, consistent with the Word.

And here's news for you. No where in the constitution it says SEPERATION of church and state. That's the court's misinterpretation. It say Congress shall not make law establishing religion. Which is totally different than SEPARATION. Putting a 10 commandments on the wall of court is NOT making a law. Passing a Bill is making a law. Supreme Court Judges say a prayer to God every morning for crying out loud.
Amen.

ACLU=ANTI-CHRISTIAN LIBERAL UNION.

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Gunny said:
Amen.

ACLU=ANTI-CHRISTIAN LIBERAL UNION.

Yes, that's why I joined. We hate Christians. We also hate America. I woke up this morning and sent off a donation after receiving my secret ACLU newsletter that told me of the latest plans to destroy Christianity and let the atheist communists take over our country.

[/heavy dose of sarcasm]

Just because the ACLU is not always on the side of Christianity doesn't meant the organization is against it. The ACLU is for personal liberty, that includes your right to worship as you please. However, they are against religious domination.

Upvote 0
jsn112 said:
And here's news for you. No where in the constitution it says SEPERATION of church and state. That's the court's misinterpretation. It say Congress shall not make law establishing religion. Which is totally different than SEPARATION.

It's time you actually read the first amendment. It says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." That is a far broader proscription than your erroneous reading suggests. And the 14th Amendment extends that proscription to state and local government actors.

Please read the United States Constitution. Thank you.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sociopath4Jesus said:
It's time you actually read the first amendment. It says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." That is a far broader proscription than your erroneous reading suggests. And the 14th Amendment extends that proscription to state and local government actors.

Please read the United States Constitution. Thank you.

Please tell me you are just kidding. Please, pretty please...... :blush:

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Matt Never Existed said:
Who is 'perverting the Truth'? a group that stands up for the rights of people in this country, no matter if their christian/athiest/agnostic/other? How is helping people perverting the message of "love your brother as yourself"? Just becuase they help ALL people, even the ones that the Fundie's have their forces set againt, doesn't make them bad. It actually, in my eyes, makes them amazingly wonderful and brave.

They know who they are. They will have to answer that question if God ever going to ask them that.

Which, among the countless faiths out there, is the one that is almost 'dead'? None. You still have your churches, your bible studies and whatnot. But nope, people aren't happy. They want to force others out of their own personal beliefs and conform to christianity. And if they won't do that the easy way, well that means that the Fundies have to try to change the LAWS to do it for them.

Fundies, huh?

Its gotten to the point, here in America, that if you aren't what the majority defines as normal, you're gonna get screwed in some way or another. And normally, its BY the christians. People can say that Christianity is dying in the Unitied States, but honestly, its not. We, the minorities, just are tired of being under the Fundies thumbs and are working to making this Nation the place of Freedom that was it was normally intended to be. We're tried of people trying to make this a theocracy. (spelling? ~shrug~). One religion has no right to RULE a nation, an example of this would be ANY Muslim nation in the middle east. I refuse to lay back and let the United States become a Nation where my freedom to love and MARRY anyone I want.

You should have your freedom. But don't force immorality on everyone.

You live in Europe, right? Because, those are some major things to say about a country that has had a history that has almost always had the church in it at some point in time.

I am talking about today. I guess you haven't been out of the US lately, huh?

Its kinda stuck up to say that the only reason the United States is as great as it is not is because of God. We got this way on the backs of our forefathers. But, I do agree on one thing. We are the next Babylon. Because people feel the need to try to twist scripture to justify their own hatred, God is going to rain his Judgement down and destroy them all. I only hope he spares the lives of those who are truely living according to his son's words, "love God with all your heart" and "love your neighbor as yourself".

God giveth it, and He taketh away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by : jsn112

You can interpret however you want. I was making a point. I think you are being a little paranoid. I was sincered when I said I love you, although not the same love that you and your partner are sharing.

Calling contempt love does not make it so.

Why didn't you say so. I remembered watching Thor as a little kid. He's the one with the hammer that was flying around, right? I believe that was the Adventure of Spiderman along with Firestorm and Iceman. Boy, that brings back memory.
Thor is a deity, not a cartoon character.

Sin is very real my friend.
Sin as in the breaking of moral codes is limited to religions claiming to have divinely inspired moral codes.

Sin as the notion of willfully living apart from the Divine is limited to religions who believe that the Divine is separate or uninvolved in the world.

Paganism makes no authoritarian claims and because we believe the Divine is both immanent and transcendent it is impossible, even laughable to think one can live apart from the Divine.

Sin is part of the Christian, Judaic and Islamic tradition. But that does not make it real.

And yes God is all-everything.
Sounds vaguely pantheistic to me.

But He is holy. He is like an accountant if you will. He has to balance out the debit and the credit. He can't do one and ignore the other just like an accountant. That's why Jesus had to do what He did. The other option is to destroy all living things on earth and start all over again. Would you want that instead?
This is
much like asking if I would prefer to have a green unicorn or a purple unicorn living in my back yard.

No, I try to live based on the Bible. It's tough. But for eternity's sake, it's worth it.
That’s nice. If you choose to do so that is your business. Do not assume that anyone else wishes to live by the mythology of your religion though.

I am persecuting only if you call upholding the scripture as such.
You are not however doing so. You are advocating your personal prejudices and using your religion as a means of justifying this.

Not everyone will accept the Truth. As you can see, some people have been modifying the scriptures just to conform. However, I refuse to do that.
So anyone who does not interpret the scriptures in the way you wish them to are liars?

You have opened a can of worm here. But I don't have time go into it now. Got to catch American Idol. Ask me this question next time and I will gladly answer you.
I didn’t ask a question, I made an ironic observation.

A quick answer: Jefferson was one of three signees (out of 50-55) to the constitution who were atheists (the other were Jackson and Adam, I think). So I don't expect him to say anything else otherwise.
I believe that Jefferson was a Deist, not an atheist.

Jefferson’s personal beliefs are all well and nice but talking about them does not explain John Jay and the other members of the constitutional congress who later sat on the supreme court and used Jefferson’s words “separation of Church and State” in rulings they made. Nor does it explain the many other rulings made over the last two hundred plus years made by the Supreme court reinforcing the separation of Church and State.

If it was meant to be in there, it would have been in there already
Freedom of religion was not in the Constitution until the first amendment was ratified. That is why there are mechanisms to amend the constitution, so things that are found to be lacking in the constitution can be put into the constitution.

When Congress decides to make it a law, you let me know..

Congress has no need to propose legislation making the separation of church and state legal because it is already part of the Constitution.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jsn112 said:
But that doesn't mean that I like what you do. I have said many times that I love the killer, Jeffrey Dalmer. But that doesn't mean I like his killings.
Gotta say I'm finding it very hard to see a positive way to take this comment.

jsn112 said:
I think you are being a little paranoid.
I don't see him being paranoid, I'm thinking more insulted but that might just be me.
jsn112 said:
I was sincered when I said I love you, although not the same love that you and your partner are sharing.
like with respect for him a person? Accept that his love for his partner is a deep and real thing in both their lives? See them as beloved by the very God they don't believe in because His love doesn't require their consent, it just is? Just a thought.
tulc

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Volos said:

[/color][/b]And you can thank the ACLU for your right to say that.
::: quietly applauds Volos :::

Gunny, I presume that your opinion of American freedoms is not limited to "the right to agree with you." And I know full well that you've taken an oath to defend the Constitution. I'm certainly aware that some of the stances the ACLU have taken in support of First Amendment freedoms go against things that are strongly meaningful to you, and others I would guess you don't see the point behind (that's speculation, but it's based on things you have said). There are a few ACLU stances that I disagree with -- things that I consider protected by "fair exercise" with government role not such as to call the establishment clause into play. But in general, I think they're doing precisely the job they set out to do. (Note to JSN: Yes, among the approximately 20 founding members there were (as I recall) two idealistic Communists, who IIRC quit the Communist Party when they saw what it was really up to. I could say that this is "typical conservative behavior" -- slinging mud to cast aspersions on a large group for the offenses of a few. But I've known a few thoughtful and decent conservatives, and I am tentatively inclined to include you in that group. I'd welcome seeing you check into that on an unbiased website and modify the comment to match the truth.

The point I'd like to make, Gunny, is that the old American conception of fairness comes into play here. Their view is that our freedoms are precious enough to fight for even when the issue is one no decent person would want to be associated with. Take the NAMBLA case. I suspect the entire membership here would endorse the statement "NAMBLA members are sociopathic creeps that had better never come near a boy I know, if they want to survive." But notwithstanding that, the same freedom of speech that permits you and me to say what we think without fear of government reprisal, guarantees them the right to promote their perverted views. So when they were faced with a regulation restricting their freedom to express their views, disgusting as they are, the ACLU defended their freedom. Because what bans them today, bans someone else tomorrow, yet another group the day after, and eventually will be used to gag you and me.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Volos said:

And you can thank the ACLU for your right to say that.
No sir, I thank the men and women of the United States Armed Forces (Past and Present) who have protected the freedoms I experience as a citizen of the United States.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Gunny said:
No sir, I thank the men and women of the United States Armed Forces (Past and Present) who have protected the freedoms I experience as a citizen of the United States.

You're welcome.

As a Marine and a member of the ACLU, what does that make me?

Upvote 0