ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The point you said you agreed with was: "there is never any human being in any womb"

So please enlighten me Raymond, if you do not believe that there is at any time a human being that exists in a womb, on what basis do you prescribe moral worth and value to the unborn?

If you agree that there is never any human being in any womb, then how do you interpret the passage from Luke that I quoted? John, a non-human being leaped for joy in his mother's womb?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point you said you agreed with was: "there is never any human being in any womb"

So please enlighten me Raymond, if you do not believe that there is at any time a human being that exists in a womb, on what basis do you prescribe moral worth and value to the unborn?

If you agree that there is never any human being in any womb, then how do you interpret the passage from Luke that I quoted? John, a non-human being leaped for joy in his mother's womb?
Nice. A Post with no added extremes.......well almost. You see, the quote in question was taken out of a sentence....you would have to see the full sentence to get the full idea....

The idea this quote was in response to was the idea that humans are created in the image of God. The idea that when a child is conceived in the womb, that this is now an image of God, and if you abort it, you are aborting the image of God.

This poster was saying, if im not mistaken, that this is not true. And this I agree with.....God is spirit, and so is his image. We are spirit that use bodies....but most forget this and become the body and the personalities obtained through life experiences.

The Word is spirit and is Life.....I dont believe you would understand my interpretation of Luke..... natural things and spiritual things sometimes dont mix well.

I believe that me and you agree on most things related to actual abortion..... The one thing we differ on is the fact that I am not willing to condemn those who do not see things my way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The one thing we differ on is the fact that I am not willing to condemn those who do not see things my way.
I'm not sure what you mean by condemn. Do you mean that you wouldn't tell someone else that they were doing something immoral? That's certainly not true as I'm sure you would have no problem telling someone who broke into your home that it would be immoral to rape and murder your wife. Yet, why would you therefore not be OK with telling a woman it would be immoral to kill a baby in her womb if it was indeed immoral?

People are terribly inconsistent.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you mean by condemn. Do you mean that you wouldn't tell someone else that they were doing something immoral? That's certainly not true as I'm sure you would have no problem telling someone who broke into your home that it would be immoral to rape and murder your wife. Yet, why would you therefore not be OK with telling a woman it would be immoral to kill a baby in her womb if it was indeed immoral?

People are terribly inconsistent.
But you are consistent. Consistent in using extremes to try and push the reader to your side of the fence. You may be successful with most... but I am not swayed by your words.

Immoral is your judgement. And you are free to judge yourself and others. I choose not to partake of the fruit you are offering me no matter how good or like God you say it will make me.

I would not do it....I can explain why, and if you ask me if you should....I would tell you what I would do. The condemning and making others feel bad or like a bad person for which ever choice they make, I leave to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Immoral is your judgement. And you are free to judge yourself and others.
Abortion is a moral issue. In the same way that murder is a moral issue, and rape is a moral issue, and lying is a moral issue. I'm not sure if you have children or not, but I would hope that you would raise your children with an understanding that certain actions are moral and immoral.

I would hope that you consider things like cold blooded murder and rape to be immoral. We have no problem (or at least shouldn't have a problem) condemning these actions as wrong.

Abortion is a moral issue. It's very simple. If it is true in reality that God exists and that He created man in His image, then we posses inherent moral worth and value. So for the very same reasons that it would be immoral for me to murder your wife, it is equally immoral for your wife to abort a baby should she become pregnant. In a world in which God exists and human beings possess inherent moral worth and value, that is true.

Now why you would be willing to teach your children that it is morally wrong to murder and rape but not morally wrong to have an abortion is beyond my understanding.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
So my question to you would be very simple - do you believe that the unborn child is a human being, created in the image of God, possessing inherent moral worth and value? If your answer is no, then I understand completely why you support abortion.
We'll look after your baby for a day? Yah right.

I've always been looking for complete understanding.
Can you give us more?

Interesting that the "in the womb yet not yet born," so called thing.
WILL IT EVER BE A HUMAN BEING? THAT'S WHAT I WONDER.
Maybe if we pretend it already is ... ?
And,
what will we do if it does? (Become a human being, that is.)

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We'll look after your baby for a day? Yah right.

I've always been looking for complete understanding.
Can you give us more?

Interesting that the "in the womb yet not yet born," so called thing.
WILL IT EVER BE A HUMAN BEING? THAT'S WHAT I WONDER.
Maybe if we pretend it already is ... ?
And,
what will we do if it does? (Become a human being, that is.)
First off.. What?! I don't see how any of whatever confusion you just wrote has anything to do with the quote you provided.

And secondly, don't worry champ, the last thing I would ever do is ask you to watch my children. Especially since from what you've written I would bet that you're 1) not married and 2) don't have children.

Upvote 0