Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife ended up delivering two of our children VIA emergency c-sections. According to you, you’re suggesting that one moment there was a non human being in her womb and then once his location changed to outside the womb he magically became a human being. I can see why you’re completely alone in your strange ideas.

No, millions of people have abortions and only consider it a human being until after birth.
Most laws say that as well. Not all all laws, but most.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When does life begin? When Adam was formed from the dust of the ground....Was he alive before God blew the Breathe of Life into His nostrils? How important is God's breathe if we say there is life regardless of whether God gives the breathe or not? Should we care or think about when a spirit connects to a body?

Is it possible for God to send his breathe and spirit to the earth and a mother aborts and and God says...."Oh well, you wont get your chance now."???

Some babies are born with their brain outside the skull. God allows for those babies as well in Heaven.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No, millions of people have abortions and only consider it a human being until after birth.
Most laws say that as well. Not all all laws, but most.

First off, you're mistaken. So far as I understand all of the medical and scientific community is in agreement that a new human being is formed at conception. The issue is not whether or not there is a human being inside the womb, that's settled science. The issue is one of personhood and rights.

I would welcome you to show me one single law that actually states that there is no such thing as a human being until after birth. Should be easy since you say that most say that.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some babies are born with their brain outside the skull. God allows for those babies as well in Heaven.
The body is just flesh and blood before the spirit is connected with it. And flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.....But the spirit.....Will be in heaven because it came from heaven. No one ascends to heaven save he who came from Heaven....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The body is just flesh and blood before the spirit is connected with it. And flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.....But the spirit.....Will be in heaven because it came from heaven. No one ascends to heaven save he who came from Heaven....

So what's the purpose of the new resurrected bodies and a new earth?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First off, you're mistaken. So far as I understand all of the medical and scientific community is in agreement that a new human being is formed at conception. The issue is not whether or not there is a human being inside the womb, that's settled science. The issue is one of personhood and rights.

I would welcome you to show me one single law that actually states that there is no such thing as a human being until after birth. Should be easy since you say that most say that.

To match your challenge, laws would state a fetus is a human being at conception with no rights until it was born. I doubt I'll find that. We'll see.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We'll see.
In the U.S., most crimes of violence are covered by state law, not federal law. Thirty-eight (38) states currently recognize the "unborn child" (the term usually used) or fetus as a homicide victim, and twenty-three (23) of those states apply this principle throughout the period of pre-natal development.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the U.S., most crimes of violence are covered by state law, not federal law.

Birth is imminent and occurs around the 38th week after fertilization. The fetus isconsidered full-term between weeks 36 and 40, when it is sufficiently developed for life outside the uterus. It may be 48 to 53 cm (19 to 21 inches) in length, when born.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The body is just flesh and blood before the spirit is connected with it.

And Bible believers would say, that would be at the time of conception.

God states -- I knew you while you were in your mothers womb.

Note -- I have been to abortion recovery classes and all attending wish they would not have done what they did to their little ones. There is forgiveness for the ones that (truly) Repent.

If I'm 99 years old and happen to get my wife pregnant -- we (will be) having a baby.

MB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Mark 10:13
And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them.

Matthew 18:3
and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:4
"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Luke 18:16
But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Psalm 8:2
From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength Because of Your adversaries, To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.

Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

Luke 10:21
At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, "I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.

Matthew 21:15
But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they became indignant

Matthew 21:16
"Do You hear what these children are saying?" And Jesus said to them, "Yes; have you never read, 'OUT OF THE MOUTH OF INFANTS AND NURSING BABIES YOU HAVE PREPARED PRAISE FOR YOURSELF'?"

Matthew 19:13
Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them.

Luke 18:15
And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them.

Isaiah 11:6
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them.

Zechariah 8:5
'And the streets of the city will be filled with boys and girls playing in its streets.'

Isaiah 11:8
The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Bible believers would say, that would be at the time of conception.

God states -- I knew you while you were in your mothers womb.

Note -- I have been to abortion recovery classes and all attending wish they would not have done what they did to their little ones. There is forgiveness for the ones that (truly) Repent.

If I'm 99 years old and happen to get my wife pregnant -- we (will be) having a baby.

MB
The version I read in Jeremiah 1:5 states before I formed you in the womb, I knew thee.

Please show me the translation or verse in the bible that states what you said.

And by your added note, are you trying to paint me as someone who agrees with abortion? Perhaps to discredit me or my words?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark 10:13
And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them.

Matthew 18:3
and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:4
"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Luke 18:16
But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Psalm 8:2
From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength Because of Your adversaries, To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.

Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

Luke 10:21
At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, "I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.

Matthew 21:15
But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they became indignant

Matthew 21:16
"Do You hear what these children are saying?" And Jesus said to them, "Yes; have you never read, 'OUT OF THE MOUTH OF INFANTS AND NURSING BABIES YOU HAVE PREPARED PRAISE FOR YOURSELF'?"

Matthew 19:13
Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them.

Luke 18:15
And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them.

Isaiah 11:6
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them.

Zechariah 8:5
'And the streets of the city will be filled with boys and girls playing in its streets.'

Isaiah 11:8
The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven....

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And by your added note, are you trying to paint me as someone who agrees with abortion? Perhaps to discredit me or my words?

In no way -- just stating what I believe from (my) past experience and from my working with others who have had abortions.

To tell you the truth I have paid no attention to either you or your words -- only stating mine.

This abortion thread caught my eye on this morning and I care not what others think regarding the issue -- I have my own experience -- sad but, true.

Blessings sent
MB

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In no way -- just stating what I believe from (my) past experience and from my working with others who have had abortions.

To tell you the truth I have paid no attention to either you or your words -- only stating mine.

Blessings sent
MB
You would be deemed more wise in the future when you decide not to quote words you pay no attention to. Less confusion and spam can help reduce the length of these threads and increase readability.

Blessings recieved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
The best way is to have a baby and have Pro-life supporters adopt it into a loving home.
It's a win-win-win for everybody!
That may be a lose lose for almost everybody!

Having a baby (in general) does not make much sense IF the world does not (at that time) need any more people.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having a baby (in general) does not make much sense IF the world does not (at that time) need any more people.

It's sad to think that some actually look at God given life like that.

Adoption is a great thing. Plus, later on in life the birth parents will not suffer from the grief of an abortion.

At least I know that, that one survived and had a life.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be a lose lose for almost everybody!

You are always free to make that decision as a male or female and what you do with your body. Unless you want others to make that decision for you?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven....
It doesn't state the children need conversions.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You are always free to make that decision as a male or female and what you do with your body. Unless you want others to make that decision for you?
That freedom only may be there for everyone; it is not that you need to want others to make a decision for you - they may make the decision for you without you wanting them to.

My point is, that decision should take into consideration the state of the world, whether in bringing another into the world (and encouraging them to do so, in that you ensure good adoptions) one is increasing the goodness of the world, or decreasing it. Whether it is an overall win for society, or an overall loss.

Upvote 0