Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures condemn promiscuity and sex outside of marriage, in all it's forms.
Except the Old Testament does not mention lesbians.
All is correct including homosexuality. So you point is?
So do you believe lesbianism is condoned? Yes or No?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All is correct including homosexuality. So you point is?
So do you believe lesbianism is condoned? Yes or No?

Let me check the scriptures on that:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free,
male nor female,
for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So, God does not see genders.

People do see genders and they dream up all kinds of rules.
Like women should not wear blue jeans and men should
not wear spanx.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me check the scriptures on that:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free,
male nor female,
for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So, God does not see genders.

People do see genders and they dream up all kinds of rules.
Like women should not wear blue jeans and men should
not wear spanx.
You did not answer my question did you? Does the Bible condone lesbianism? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Reactions: PeaceByJesus
Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God does not punish sinful behavior. You must live with it as is.
That is not punishment.
If God did punish sinners the world would be a just place
and we would be happy living here.
Which is more absurdity, and relies on a false dichotomy, that either God wipes out all evil doing or He does not punish sinful behavior.

For it is clearly attested that God punishes sinful behavior, as is the fact that He has not presently fully dealt with it yet so as to get rid of evil. Which means you would have to go also if not saved. But the Lord will one day do on a universal scale what once did on an earthly scale as well as a local one.

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. (Genesis 6:5-8)

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 4-7)

So much for your fantasy that God does not punish sinful behavior.

Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I would never say such a thing. But I read it and would like to believe it.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Joel 2:29
"Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
Not my assertion.
Which essential spiritual equality neither negates the positional/functional distinctions btwn genders, which God sees, nor btwn offices in government. And it certainly does not sanction homosexuality.

I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1-3)

Meanwhile, why have you not answered my questions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the reprimands are intended to point to promiscuity and any sex outside of a committed relationship.
Outside of God's design for marriage (see Matthew 19). There is only one sanctioned union taught by God. One man and one woman. Again Jesus confirms this in Matthew 19.

Every other sexual relationship is fornication.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have struggled in how the Bible views homosexuality. I struggle to find or believe it is a sin. I feel as if I were to believe that homosexuality is wrong, then I am truly am homophobic. However, if I were to believe that there are people who are gay who wants to change but cannot because of any beliefs or interpretations of the Bible. Can gay people truly change? While I do have this struggle, I do or did believe at one time that it was a sin. It is as if some people pick on or make fun of homosexuals. Should I struggle with this? I know it is strange, but if someone were to ask me why they should live and love as they please.

They are in love, as far as husbands or wives go. Then how can that be wrong. If I were to believe that homosexuality is a sin, then how should or would explain why to him or her? These questions are just about homosexuality for now. I am not a homosexual, but I find homosexuality should not be about punishing people or believing it is about vile affections, but it clearly states that in the Bible. However, was Paul wrong or have I been guilty of misinterpreting those verses pertaining to homosexuality?

You're making it complicated. Understandable, fear and doubts complicates things.

In order to understand how the Bible deals with homosexuality, you have to actually look at the bigger picture. You reading a laundry list of byproducts of sins of what not to do and what to dos and trying to pick on them, without an understanding of why its listed out in the first place, how they come to fruition, what is God's intent etc, so yes of course its going to be overwhelming and confusing. Homosexuality is just the surface, the byproduct, of the true problem Paul is trying to address, which is the heart.

Its hard to do that if you're already trying to find loopholes, such as " I know its clear that its wrong, BUTTT I think that its right." because they seem happy. Of course they look happy, sin feels great when its blind to Truth, lol, so don't even look into that. Or the fear that believing on what God said makes you the enemy of the world (which hello, if its not this issue, it will be on something else, thats the burden of following Christ, you will by default be offensive to the world) by saying " but if I believe on this, I will be a homophobic". No, you will be a christian that some people just not gonna agree with. You'll be ok, we're suppose to be persecuted, so if its just a matter of disagreement in convo, count it as a blessing lol.

In terms of punishing them, thats the other side of it, that is not our place. The stoning thing had its place in history, and Jesus came to fulfill such that we are no longer under such sentences by man. But that does not let us off the hook, for vengeance is the Lord's. So although any form of punishment and taunting made by man towards homosexual is not of God, it doesn't negate the fact that if they continue abiding in sin, there will be a greater judgement, that will make stoning look like a spa. Christians are suppose to be ACTIVELY warning and reproving wisely and in love , for cowards too cannot enter the kingdom of God.

But I wish that we didn't have to go into so much detail of byproducts of the heart. Paul's point, especially in Romans 1, is literally describing the process of sin, and how God reacts to it, and how we ought to compact it process. You can take literally any sin, and it will end up being the same process. Many LGBT seem to love to bring that chapter up, but grossly gloss over the magnitude of what is being describe. But I guess that's how seared conscious works. Blindly.

Although Paul brought up homosexual practices as his focal point, the real issue is how their hearts turned away from God, they stop giving thanks to God nor believed on Him, relied on theirselves for knowledge, worshipped theirselves, and THEN gave theirselves up to their passions.There was a process, same goes for today. God gave them to their reprobate mind, not because they were abominations, but because they made theirselves to the point of being abominable, they in essence became their own god, conscious is seared, lovers of themselves, void of Holy Spirit. There is no only god besides God. And those that are agreement and support that, are also as guilty.

God actually established his guidelines for us, what He as the creator, intent for us the creation to do and why we are here, and how to enjoy life fully in joy and build upon it, fearfully and wonderfully crafted. And despite having God, like Adam and Eve, the people mentioned in Romans 1 hearts turned from God and was far from Him, that is the big picture. Its either they don't trust that what God put out for them will give them joy, or that how they get their "joy" they saw is superior to God's. Like the serpent, when they were presented a false loophole, they took that opportunity. Calling theirselves wise, they became fools. Again, plays out for every single sin.

All sorts of other unfruitful things come from that, pride of life, vanity, idolatry, greed, etc, and homosexuality, like fornication, and all the others is just a byproduct, it came from somewhere else rooted in the heart. Jesus would challenge us that if we are not willing to even leave on own families to follow after God, we are not for Him. You try ask the gay man, to give up putting their heart into finding a partner or living out their lifestyles to pursue Christ, and see how much they truly have "love" in their hearts, how much they literally bank on their identity like people bank on food to survive. Some will try to make peace with sin, try to compromise, try in their heart to plead with God to bypass it, like "pleasseee Lord, let me not suffer", some will just be rebellious, hate God, defend it to the death. They will try to find loopholes to life. There is no loophole, but does not mean we cannot overcome, that's where Jesus' death and resurrection comes in.

But like how the believers in the Church of Corinths were washed clean even when they were of that lifestyle, yes the gay man can also change. Its called being born-again. You drop making identity with things of the flesh, drop the self-image, and through accepting Jesus and believing on Him, become the image bearer for Christ. Say all the prayers and hail Marys in the world, and give til you're blue, but unless a man is born-again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. This can only be done through a heart of repentance. This can apply for those even pursuing heterosexuals relationships. Drop making an identity off of it, and pursue God. All will be added onto you according to His riches.

At the end of the day, God's will is priority, not mine. Man must decrease so that God can increase.Its painful, and it will sounds offensive to a gay man and his pride in himself, but for those who believe on His promises, and truly know Him as their Father who loves us, its joy.

Sorry for the long essay, but its hard to simply answer it the way it should, without connecting it to the big picture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the OP: you asked a question, but in this group only one possible answer can be given. I believe under current rules, the only place you can get an actual discussion is Whosoever Will, May Come - Liberal

I have to agree.

Three main points of Fundmentalism are:

"Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
Believes whatever the Bible says is so;
Judges all things by the Bible, and is judged only by the Bible, aka - "Sola Scriptura";"

God did call it an "abomination" in the OT.

However, that is not the end of the discussion.

Paul addressed this issue himself saying:

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," -1 Cor. 6:9 (KJV)

What or who are "effeminate"?

First off, look at the definition of the word:

"ἀρσενοκοῖται "

3120 // malakov // malakos // mal-ak-os' //

of uncertain affinity; adj

AV - soft 3, effeminate 1; 4

1) soft, soft to the touch
2) metaph. in a bad sense
2a) effeminate
2a1) of a catamite
2a2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
2a3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
2a4) of a male prostitute

Source

"ἀρσενοκοῖται "

"one who lies with a male. a sodmite"

The New Analytical Greek Lexicon, Wesley J. Perschbacher, Editor, Hendrickson Publishing, Peabody, Mass., 01962, Copyright 1990, "ἀρσενοκοῖταns", p.54

"
1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 6:10, one with repetition of ουτε — oute neither (fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, or μαλακοι — malakoi abusers of themselves with men or αρσενοκοιται — arsenokoitai or sodomites as in 1 Timothy 1:10 a late word for this horrid vice, thieves, covetous), the other with ου — ou not (drunkards, revilers, extortioners). All these will fall short of the kingdom of God. This was plain talk to a city like Corinth. It is needed today. It is a solemn roll call of the damned even if some of their names are on the church roll in Corinth whether officers or ordinary members."

A. T. Robertson, Word Pictures of the New Testament, 1 Cor. 6:9

Source

Well, at the time, where was Corinth? Near Greece.

We all know what the Greeks did in ages past.

So, who are effeminate today? Men who classify as "crossdressers, sissies," etc.

Paul also wrote of the same problem happening in Rome saying:

"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." -Rom. 1:21-32 (KJV)

Now these verses here now address "lesbians".

But back to the point. Why is this important?

What happens in "gay" relations, is that instead of worshipping God, as you rightfully should, you instead worship the creation instead of the Creator! (cf. vs. 25)

Even the ECF's took a strong stance against this saying:

See: Justin Martyr First Apology, 27.

"And as the ancients are said to have reared herds of oxen, or goats, or sheep, or grazing horses, so now we see you rear children only for this shameful use; and for this pollution a multitude of females and hermaphrodites, and those who commit unmentionable iniquities, are found in every nation. And you receive the hire of these, and duty and taxes from them, whom you ought to exterminate from your realm. And any one who uses such persons, besides the godless and infamous and impure intercourse, may possibly be having intercourse with his own child, or relative, or brother. And there are some who prostitute even their own children and wives, and some are openly mutilated for the purpose of sodomy;"

Link

Clement of Alexandria, Exhortation to the Greeks said:

"All honour to that king of the Scythians, whoever Anacharsis was, who shot with an arrow one of his subjects who imitated among the Scythians the mystery of the Mother of the gods, as practised by the inhabitants of Cyzicus, beating a drum and sounding a cymbal strung from his neck like a priest of Cybele, condemning him as having become effeminate among the Greeks, and a teacher of the disease of effeminacy to the rest of the Cythians.

Hercules, the son of Zeus--a true son of Zeus--was the offspring of that long night, who with hard toil accomplished the twelve labours in a long time, but in one night deflowered the fifty daughters of Thestius, and thus was at once the debaucher and the bridegroom of so many virgins. It is not, then, without reason that the poets call him a cruel wretch and a nefarious scoundrel. It were tedious to recount his adulteries of all sorts, and debauching of boys. For your gods did not even abstain from boys, one having loved Hylas, another Hyacinthus, another Pelops, another Chrysippus, and another Ganymede. Let such gods as these be worshipped by your wives, and let them pray that their husbands be such as these--so temperate; that, emulating them in the same practices, they may be like the gods. Such gods let your boys be trained to worship, that they may grow up to be men with the accursed likeness of fornication on them received from the gods."

Link

Tertullian in On modesty said:

"But all the other frenzies of passions— impious both toward the bodies and toward the sexes— beyond the laws of nature, we banish not only from the threshold, but from all shelter of the Church, because they are not sins, but monstrosities."

Link

Novatian said:

"For that in fishes the roughness of scales is regarded as constituting their cleanness; rough, and rugged, and unpolished, and substantial, and grave manners are approved in men; while those that are without scales are unclean; because trifling, and fickle, and faithless, and effeminate manners are disapproved. Moreover, what does the law mean when it says, You shall not eat the camel? — except that by the example of that animal it condemns a life nerveless and crooked with crimes. Or when it forbids the swine to be taken for food? It assuredly reproves a life filthy and dirty, and delighting in the garbage of vice, placing its supreme good not in generosity of mind, but in the flesh alone. Or when it forbids the hare? It rebukes men deformed into women."

Link

Cyprian of Carthage said:

"Hence turn your looks to the abominations, not less to be deplored, of another kind of spectacle....Men are emasculated, and all the pride and vigour of their sex is effeminated in the disgrace of their enervated body; and he is most pleasing there who has most completely broken down the man into the woman. He grows into praise by virtue of his crime; and the more he is degraded, the more skilful he is considered to be. Such a one is looked upon— oh shame! And looked upon with pleasure.... nor is there wanting authority for the enticing abomination,..Jupiter of theirs not more supreme in dominion than in vice, inflamed with earthly love in the midst of his own thunders, now growing white in the feathers of a swan, now pouring down in a golden shower, now breaking forth by the help of birds to violate the purity of boys. And now put the question, Can he who looks upon such things be healthy-minded or modest? Men imitate the gods whom they adore, and to such miserable beings their crimes become their religion...

Oh, if placed on that lofty watchtower you could gaze into the secret places— if you could open the closed doors of sleeping chambers, and recall their dark recesses to the perception of sight—you would behold things done by immodest persons which no chaste eye could look upon; you would see what even to see is a crime; you would see what people embruted with the madness of vice deny that they have done, and yet hasten to do—men with frenzied lusts rushing upon men, doing things which afford no gratification even to those who do them."

To Donatus, 1.8,9

Can "gay" people be saved? Absolutely!

But once saved, they cannot return to their former lives.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're making it complicated. Understandable, fear and doubts complicates things.

In order to understand how the Bible deals with homosexuality, you have to actually look at the bigger picture. You reading a laundry list of byproducts of sins of what not to do and what to dos and trying to pick on them, without an understanding of why its listed out in the first place, how they come to fruition, what is God's intent etc, so yes of course its going to be overwhelming and confusing. Homosexuality is just the surface, the byproduct, of the true problem Paul is trying to address, which is the heart.

Its hard to do that if you're already trying to find loopholes, such as " I know its clear that its wrong, BUTTT I think that its right." because they seem happy. Of course they look happy, sin feels great when its blind to Truth, lol, so don't even look into that. Or the fear that believing on what God said makes you the enemy of the world (which hello, if its not this issue, it will be on something else, thats the burden of following Christ, you will by default be offensive to the world) by saying " but if I believe on this, I will be a homophobic". No, you will be a christian that some people just not gonna agree with. You'll be ok, we're suppose to be persecuted, so if its just a matter of disagreement in convo, count it as a blessing lol.

In terms of punishing them, thats the other side of it, that is not our place. The stoning thing had its place in history, and Jesus came to fulfill such that we are no longer under such sentences by man. But that does not let us off the hook, for vengeance is the Lord's. So although any form of punishment and taunting made by man towards homosexual is not of God, it doesn't negate the fact that if they continue abiding in sin, there will be a greater judgement, that will make stoning look like a spa. Christians are suppose to be ACTIVELY warning and reproving wisely and in love , for cowards too cannot enter the kingdom of God.

But I wish that we didn't have to go into so much detail of byproducts of the heart. Paul's point, especially in Romans 1, is literally describing the process of sin, and how God reacts to it, and how we ought to compact it process. You can take literally any sin, and it will end up being the same process. Many LGBT seem to love to bring that chapter up, but grossly gloss over the magnitude of what is being describe. But I guess that's how seared conscious works. Blindly.

Although Paul brought up homosexual practices as his focal point, the real issue is how their hearts turned away from God, they stop giving thanks to God nor believed on Him, relied on theirselves for knowledge, worshipped theirselves, and THEN gave theirselves up to their passions.There was a process, same goes for today. God gave them to their reprobate mind, not because they were abominations, but because they made theirselves to the point of being abominable, they in essence became their own god, conscious is seared, lovers of themselves, void of Holy Spirit. There is no only god besides God. And those that are agreement and support that, are also as guilty.

God actually established his guidelines for us, what He as the creator, intent for us the creation to do and why we are here, and how to enjoy life fully in joy and build upon it, fearfully and wonderfully crafted. And despite having God, like Adam and Eve, the people mentioned in Romans 1 hearts turned from God and was far from Him, that is the big picture. Its either they don't trust that what God put out for them will give them joy, or that how they get their "joy" they saw is superior to God's. Like the serpent, when they were presented a false loophole, they took that opportunity. Calling theirselves wise, they became fools. Again, plays out for every single sin.

All sorts of other unfruitful things come from that, pride of life, vanity, idolatry, greed, etc, and homosexuality, like fornication, and all the others is just a byproduct, it came from somewhere else rooted in the heart. Jesus would challenge us that if we are not willing to even leave on own families to follow after God, we are not for Him. You try ask the gay man, to give up putting their heart into finding a partner or living out their lifestyles to pursue Christ, and see how much they truly have "love" in their hearts, how much they literally bank on their identity like people bank on food to survive. Some will try to make peace with sin, try to compromise, try in their heart to plead with God to bypass it, like "pleasseee Lord, let me not suffer", some will just be rebellious, hate God, defend it to the death. They will try to find loopholes to life. There is no loophole, but does not mean we cannot overcome, that's where Jesus' death and resurrection comes in.

But like how the believers in the Church of Corinths were washed clean even when they were of that lifestyle, yes the gay man can also change. Its called being born-again. You drop making identity with things of the flesh, drop the self-image, and through accepting Jesus and believing on Him, become the image bearer for Christ. Say all the prayers and hail Marys in the world, and give til you're blue, but unless a man is born-again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. This can only be done through a heart of repentance. This can apply for those even pursuing heterosexuals relationships. Drop making an identity off of it, and pursue God. All will be added onto you according to His riches.

At the end of the day, God's will is priority, not mine. Man must decrease so that God can increase.Its painful, and it will sounds offensive to a gay man and his pride in himself, but for those who believe on His promises, and truly know Him as their Father who loves us, its joy.

Sorry for the long essay, but its hard to simply answer it the way it should, without connecting it to the big picture.
Excellent expository.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Outside of God's design for marriage (see Matthew 19). There is only one sanctioned union taught by God. One man and one woman. Again Jesus confirms this in Matthew 19. Every other sexual relationship is fornication.

Jesus did not get married or have children. So he did not sanction any union of any type. Given that He lived a perfect life, He only sanctioned being single. I don't think he caused anyone to be married, nor promoted it, nor encouraged anyone to. Along with His disiples, He was the greatest discourager of all time. I don't think any person in history has caused more people to remain single.

The next most known situation would be Adam and Eve. That was sanctioned by God and that didn't work out well for the human species condition at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality is just the surface, the byproduct, of the true problem Paul is trying to address, which is the heart.

Children who are gay are not experiencing a spiritual problem of the heart.
Period. My wife is a career educator and understands all about poor choices
children make and sexual orientation is not one of those bad choices.

• Prayers
Reactions: Janice Orbi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which is more absurdity, and relies on a false dichotomy, that either God wipes out all evil doing or He does not punish sinful behavior.

For it is clearly attested that God punishes sinful behavior, as is the fact that He has not presently fully dealt with it yet so as to get rid of evil. Which means you would have to go also if not saved. But the Lord will one day do on a universal scale what once did on an earthly scale as well as a local one.

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. (Genesis 6:5-8)

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 4-7)

So much for your fantasy that God does not punish sinful behavior.

God only partially or randomly deals with sin in this world?
Nope. That idea fails.
God sent His Son to handle all sin, and Jesus did just that.
There are no left-over sins scattered about that Jesus misses
and the Father mops up.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not After Jesus accomplished the final solution.
As someone suggested a couple of days ago, and I have to admit, I really like the wording:

You are not punished for the sin. You are punished by the sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1-3)

Enter through the narrow gate instead:

So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts
to your children, how much more will your Father
in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
In everything, then,
do to others as you would have them do to you.
For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.
Enter through the narrow gate.

If it fails the equal standing test, it fails.
Enter through the narrow gate.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What happens in "gay" relations, is that instead of worshipping God, as you rightfully should, you instead worship the creation instead of the Creator!

My wife teaches toddlers. Some of them are gay and get ostracized by their peers.
It is not a worshiping of creation. Your analysis fails.

Upvote 0