South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have struggled in how the Bible views homosexuality. I struggle to find or believe it is a sin. I feel as if I were to believe that homosexuality is wrong, then I am truly am homophobic. However, if I were to believe that there are people who are gay who wants to change but cannot because of any beliefs or interpretations of the Bible. Can gay people truly change? While I do have this struggle, I do or did believe at one time that it was a sin. It is as if some people pick on or make fun of homosexuals. Should I struggle with this? I know it is strange, but if someone were to ask me why they should live and love as they please.

They are in love, as far as husbands or wives go. Then how can that be wrong. If I were to believe that homosexuality is a sin, then how should or would explain why to him or her? These questions are just about homosexuality for now. I am not a homosexual, but I find homosexuality should not be about punishing people or believing it is about vile affections, but it clearly states that in the Bible. However, was Paul wrong or have I been guilty of misinterpreting those verses pertaining to homosexuality?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have struggled in how the Bible views homosexuality. I struggle to find or believe it is a sin.

The scriptures are referring to promiscuity and sex outside of a formal marriage.
And since no formal marriage was available, then any same sex arrangement was
"Outside of marriage". So that's why Gays got blasted.

You can note that only men were singled out in the OT.
That's becasue women are better able to control their
hormones and not sleeping around at orgies. Even if they
were there, men got the credit for being bad.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem you have is with this question. Can a homosexual be saved? Absolutely! Yes homosex is sin. the Bible is clear on this. But, so is fornication, adultery, and other sexual sin. Sin is sin in the eyes of Father God. So to ministry to the homosexual, tell them the truth, tha God forgives all sin. If they confess their sin, God is faithful, and just to forgive them of their sin AND to cleanse them of all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They are in love, as far as husbands or wives go. Then how can that be wrong. If I were to believe that homosexuality is a sin, then how should or would explain why to him or her? These questions are just about homosexuality for now. I am not a homosexual, but I find homosexuality should not be about punishing people or believing it is about vile affections, but it clearly states that in the Bible. However, was Paul wrong or have I been guilty of misinterpreting those verses pertaining to homosexuality?

Nothing wrong with love, in and of itself. It's who or what you love. Just because homosexuals love each other, that does not make it right. Pedophiles love children, so does that make it right? The scriptures consistently state that homosexuality is a sin. People have a choice to either believe the Bible which is God's Word that homosexuality is a sin or ignore it and make their own moral choice. You may want to look up Rosaria Butterfield's experience on the internet as she was lesbian and activist for LGBT rights prior to becoming a committed Christian.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people have difficulty understanding why homosexuality is a sin because they are seeing homosexuality from their own perspective, according to their own morality and the world's morality, not from the creator's perspective and His moral standard.

Imagine you are the creator of a world. You have a plan of how this world you design will be like. You created a man and then a woman tailor-made for the man so that they can reproduce and multiply and fill the world, and everything in your creation was good in your eyes. But then the men and women you created decided to be rebellious and acted against your will, turned the perfect design you have in mind for this world into what you see as abomination. Now the world you have created is not good any more in your eyes. It is similar to an artwork turns out to be not what the artist wants. How would you feel as the artist and the creator?

I have heard some people say they would not believe in this God if He... They are in effect judging God with their own morality, putting themselves over God. It is the same as saying "I decide whether you are good enough to be God".

Receiving God as your Lord means you are no longer the lord of yourself, nor the lord of God, but rather, you are a servant of God, you are to obey Him and to act according to His will, regardless if you like it or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many people struggle with this. Why is homosexuality and fornication so wrong? The Bible gives reasons but it boils down to trusting in God to know whats right and obey Him.

It comes down to faith. Do you really believe God? Or do you doubt Him?

I pray for all those struggling with this.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a reminder as this forum has posting rules.

Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage:
Homosexuality and same sex marriage may be discussed in this forum, however, no promotion of these topics is allowed. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

Community Rules
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules. In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Statement of Purpose - Fundamentalist Christians Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have struggled in how the Bible views homosexuality. I struggle to find or believe it is a sin. I feel as if I were to believe that homosexuality is wrong, then I am truly am homophobic. However, if I were to believe that there are people who are gay who wants to change but cannot because of any beliefs or interpretations of the Bible. Can gay people truly change? While I do have this struggle, I do or did believe at one time that it was a sin. It is as if some people pick on or make fun of homosexuals. Should I struggle with this? I know it is strange, but if someone were to ask me why they should live and love as they please.

All sin is rebellion against God's design.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

This is what the Lord said about homosexuality:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22 RSV

If you think you are smarter than the Lord, then you have a problem. Temptation can be very powerful, but we are required to resist immoral sexual temptation, whether it’s heterosexual or homosexual.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Difficult situation but God is immutable. He is unchanging.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin no matter the sin.

I'm sure there are loving and nice thieves out there too. Yet that does not negate their sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I think that homosexuality probably comes from satan. He 'invented' it so that he can draw people away from God. Much like any other sin.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
To the OP: you asked a question, but in this group only one possible answer can be given. I believe under current rules, the only place you can get an actual discussion is Whosoever Will, May Come - Liberal

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Your views are consistent with a large volume of christians including myself.

Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

PeaceByJesus

Unworthy servant for the Worthy Lord + Savior
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟83,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Neither Moses nor Paul was wrong. God made man and women distinctively different yet uniquely compatible and complementary, and only joined them together in marriage - as the Lord Jesus Himself specified (Mt. 19:4-6) - and only condemned homosexual relations wherever they are manifestly dealt with. http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/Homosex_versus_the_Bible.html (extensive examination, by God's grace).

Love is never a determining factor as regards lawful vs unlawful partners. You can love your cousin or neighbors spouse or dog, mutually, or the same gender, but nothing will sanction sexual relations with them. Nor will love sanction consensual suicide.

Wrong desires, in scope or degree, are a result of the Fall, but having them simply cannot justify acting them out. They are to be put to death, and as regards homosexuality, you can live celibate and in continence and not die, though I do not say it is always easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem you have is with this question. Can a homosexual be saved? Absolutely! Yes homosex is sin. the Bible is clear on this. But, so is fornication, adultery, and other sexual sin. Sin is sin in the eyes of Father God. So to ministry to the homosexual, tell them the truth, tha God forgives all sin. If they confess their sin, God is faithful, and just to forgive them of their sin AND to cleanse them of all unrighteousness.

The sins noted were promiscuity. In the O.T. gay men were noted for that but women
did not obviously sleep around with other women, so were not listed as a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God made man and women distinctively different yet uniquely compatible and complementary, and only joined them together in marriage - as the Lord Jesus Himself specified (Mt. 19:4-6) - and only condemned homosexual relations wherever they are manifestly dealt with. http://peacebyjesus.witnesstoday.org/Homosex_versus_the_Bible.html (extensive examination, by God's grace).

Regarding - sex gender according to God - and I quote:

A 46, XY disorder of sex development (DSD) is a condition in which an individual with one X chromosome and one Y chromosome in each cell , the pattern normally found in males, have genitalia that is not clearly male or female.

Ambiguous genitalia

Sexual development in children with disorders of sex differentiation

With so many stages of sex development, there are a lot of opportunities for a fetus to take a path that not typical for a boy or a girl. When an atypical path of development is taken, the resulting condition is known as a “disorder of sexual development.”

There are several ways this can happen:

• Some disorders are genetic (chromosome variations).
    • Some are present at birth (congenital) but not genetic.
    • Some are variations in psychosocial development.
    • DSDs can also be idiopathic, meaning they have no identifiable cause.
Disorders of Sexual Differentiation | Symptoms and Causes | Boston Children's Hospital

Instead of the myth that all men are created men and all women are women and must be mated with the opposite gender, I'm going to toss out that bagage and go with Children's Hospital on this one. I think they are more hands-on experienced with real situations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that homosexuality probably comes from satan. He 'invented' it so that he can draw people away from God. Much like any other sin.

And genetic abnormalities too?
When an atypical path of development is taken, the resulting condition is known as a “disorder of sexual development.”
There are several ways this can happen:

• Some disorders are genetic (chromosome variations).
  • Some are present at birth (congenital) but not genetic.
  • Some are variations in psychosocial development.
Disorders of Sexual Differentiation | Symptoms and Causes | Boston Children's Hospital

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The scriptures consistently state that homosexuality is a sin. People have a choice to either believe the Bible which is God's Word that homosexuality is a sin or ignore it and make their own moral choice.

The scriptures condemn promiscuity and sex outside of marriage, in all it's forms.
Except the Old Testament does not mention lesbians.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Paul failed to treat people as he himself would wish to be treated.

What Does the Bible Say That Paul Ignores About How To Treat Your Neighbor?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The problem is the sin nature. Most people who have not accepted Lord Jesus as their Lord and Savior do not recognize that they are sinners because they think they are good.They do not acknowledge the sin nature inherited through Adam, and they do what is right in their own eyes.
Proverbs 30:12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0