Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still dealing with her mental illness I discussed before. I don’t have a lot of details yet. Supposed to hear from my brother in law later. She is admitted in the hospital now under 24 hour watch. Prayers appreciated. I’m sorry about these constant requests. Seems it’s one thing after another. :(

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Still dealing with her mental illness I discussed before. I don’t have a lot of details yet. Supposed to hear from my brother in law later. She is admitted in the hospital now under 24 hour watch. Prayers appreciated. I’m sorry about these constant requests. Seems it’s one thing after another. :(
No. Don't be sorry. Keep asking, The rest of us should ask for more prayers. Not you less.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh man Michie, I'm so sorry. That's heavy, mental illness or not. We're all definitely praying for you and your whole family.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am deeply saddened to hear this, Michie. I know very well the suffering that comes upon believers directly and indirectly, through extended family relationships, through friends, through strangers "on the news of the day!" Jesus suffered for us and with us, and we share His and all that is His, by sacred adoption - so we all, unless our own hearts are hardened, suffer. And so we all ought to have genuine compassion - for and with all the suffering, directly or indirectly.

May God have mercy on us all! Especially on us in His Church whose holy Light is not as bright and clear as it ought to be, to be the guiding light for others into His Holy Peace. Whose witness "to the nations" is not as clear and clean as it ought to be, to break the hardness and warm the coldness of the lost hearts of the multitudes of sheep wandering without the Shepherd. May God have mercy on us, and on the lost, and on those who see no way out except death - especially placing before the Lord your poor sister. When and as she recovers, may she come to know - to know - that by the mercy of the One God she is rescued from the lies and deceits of the author of death, that she might seek and find the Author of true, good and eternal Love and Life in Him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Mental illness can be organic, but can be taken advantage of by deceiving spirits bent on your sister’s destruction. They play with her emotions and make her feel she is no good and life is not worth living.
As she is your sister, you have authority over the spirits that attack her by virtue of the fourth commandment. Have you tried praying binding prayers to keep the spirits at bay?
She may not be cured as not all mental illness is spiritual but it will keep them from manipulating her into actual suicide and allow her to get treatment
Your love of your sister is powerful as would be the prayers be to dispel the evil. You don’t have to make a public display, but pray silently over your sister and if possible make the sign of the cross on her forehead

Is she Catholic? Does she take the sacraments?
If so tell her to go to confession and take the Eucharist which is a powerful way to dispel spirit's. If in the hospital, have to priest come to her.

If she is not Catholic then you need to take authority over the spirits yourself, so she has time to get treatment.

For texts of binding prayers, consult deliverance prayers for the laity by Fr Chad Ripperger

You and your sister are in my prayers. Do not be embarrassed to ask for them. We are in the Church Militant and we are constantly under attack.
The Church is a family and the saints are in communion. There is no shame in asking for help from fellow combatants

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeepers, Michie, you just can't seem to catch a break. :(

It's been the same here all summer long---just one thing after the next. June was a series of expensive disasters that required me to borrow money from a relative to keep from going under, and this month, we have all been sick with one of the worst bugs I've seen in a long time. My left ear is still plugged with fluid, and I have very little energy. :(

My prayers for you and your family.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mental illness can be organic, but can be taken advantage of by deceiving spirits bent on your sister’s destruction. They play with her emotions and make her feel she is no good and life is not worth living.
As she is your sister, you have authority over the spirits that attack her by virtue of the fourth commandment. Have you tried praying binding prayers to keep the spirits at bay?
She may not be cured as not all mental illness is spiritual but it will keep them from manipulating her into actual suicide and allow her to get treatment
Your love of your sister is powerful as would be the prayers be to dispel the evil. You don’t have to make a public display, but pray silently over your sister and if possible make the sign of the cross on her forehead

Is she Catholic? Does she take the sacraments?
If so tell her to go to confession and take the Eucharist which is a powerful way to dispel spirit's. If in the hospital, have to priest come to her.

If she is not Catholic then you need to take authority over the spirits yourself, so she has time to get treatment.

For texts of binding prayers, consult deliverance prayers for the laity by Fr Chad Ripperger

You and your sister are in my prayers. Do not be embarrassed to ask for them. We are in the Church Militant and we are constantly under attack.
The Church is a family and the saints are in communion. There is no shame in asking for help from fellow combatants
Thanks for all your advice! Unfortunately she is not Catholic and is no longer a believer. She has been dabbling in things she should not. She is hearing voices now that she does call demons telling her what to do. I can pray for her but I can’t do so in her presence. I have been trying to call the hospital and I’m not getting an answer. Even at the nurse’s station so I assume they are busy with lunch, therapy or whatever. She is a danger to herself and others. They found plans on her phone to kill her husband, her dogs, and herself. She is still defiant saying nobody can stop her in the end. She is starving herself, etc. it’s a mess. Just a year ago she was dealing with delusional parasitosis. It’s like she does not want to get better. Even when she was being evaluated this time they were talking about a plan to get her back on track and she said she was not interested in getting better and just wanted to die. So all we can do is pray at this point.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeepers, Michie, you just can't seem to catch a break. :(

It's been the same here all summer long---just one thing after the next. June was a series of expensive disasters that required me to borrow money from a relative to keep from going under, and this month, we have all been sick with one of the worst bugs I've seen in a long time. My left ear is still plugged with fluid, and I have very little energy. :(

My prayers for you and your family.
Yeah it’s exhausting. Please be assured of my prayers for you and your family as well. I know you have been going through tough times as well. Try to get that ear looked at again. That can turn into a nasty infection. Thank you for the prayers!

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I have been trying to call all day. I texted her husband and he told her I was trying to call. She called back and sounded very angry like I was the last person she wanted to talk to. I asked how she was doing and she said she did not want to talk. I asked if she needed anything and she abruptly said she did not need a thing. Then said love you and hung up. I’m not going to call back. She can call me.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
She sounds like she is demonically influenced. You don’t have to pray her presence, but you can pray deprecatory prayers at a distance and ask Our Lady, Our Lord and all the saints to bind the demons and have them stop influencing your sister
You have that authority by right of the fourth commandment to do so without retaliation.
Your sister is ill , but she needs no further agitation from evil deceiving spirits. Pray some binding prayers, our Lady and Lord can move great distances

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy!

• Friendly
Upvote 0