✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hello again I want to be,

Sorry for missing your point about the holy spirit vs christianity.

I was searching for something in Mormonism for a long time. I was hoping and praying and wishing it was true. I kept trying to follow their rules and what they say but it didn't work for me.

They said you could receive a spirit if you asked earnestly and you'd be told that the Book of Mormon was true.

Well I never did get that.

But they did express to me the importance of just trying things. So I tried going to Church and really felt "it".

Perhaps you should do what I did, and just bite the bullet, and try a few religions, and don't just limit yourself to two. Religion is a personal path. Perhaps there is some truth in the Quaker point of view, that there are many roads to God and God doesn't care which path you take as long as you get to him under your own power. It explains why there are so many religions - because we each need something different.

But I've felt peace, compassion and love through Christ and that works for me.

Thanks
Simon

Upvote 0

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one way to God it is through the redemtion work of Jesus Christ through the cross, his burial and resurection. Do you think that God would allow His only Son to die upon the cross to redeem all men then let them in through a different path? I do not think so. The enemy the Devil would have you believe that you can get to God any old way you please. This would be the devil's ultimate deception so as to take you and your soul with him to the lake of fire. Please take time to read and study the bible and find the truth, Jesus, for yourself. You have said that when you trusted Jesus you felt love and compassion and that works for you. That is so good and is a blessing that Jesus gives. Peace with God that is what we all seek. May you continue to find peace through Jesus.

one man set free,
Jeffrey

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How did we knew all these things about jesus and christianity ?
From (1) what He said to His students; (2) what His students said to Him that He accepted; (3) what His students said about Him later on after He had given them leadership in His movement.
Is it bible ? Is bible holy book?
It is indeed in the Bible, to a great extent the New Testament or "Christian" section, which was written or commissioned by Jesus' students.

The Bible is certainly understood to be a holy book, yes -- unfailing. I've found it to be so more by comparing it with my own life experiences. Others say the same. The students who were writing it also often said this.

However, there's a subtle distinction here from most holy books. To Christians the Bible is about Someone Who must be trusted for salvation. The Bible is not something you can simply say, "I believe it whatever it says" and expect to be saved. It's God you're relating to. And while this Book of God, the Bible, can point you to Him, His character, His desire for you, and what God says ... it's God we're looking to connect with personally, not particularly the Book itself.

Upvote 0

sjdean

Sep 9, 2008
✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hello Jeffrey,

Unfortunately for me, that just raises one teeny tiny problem for me, people who never got a chance to hear the word of God, to read the Bible, or to feel Jesus.

Don't get me wrong, I've experienced Jesus, and I know this is right.

But perhaps God realised that there would still be people who would never be able to know Jesus and perhaps has given a path, even if not for salvation, then for at least drawing nearer to him.

I do kind of feel spirituality is a progressive one. I took 32 years to get where I am today and Im glad I have the end result. I consider that I've spent 32 years of learning.

Perhaps God gives specific things to different people at different times to make it easier for them to learn.

Or perhaps God is just as one website writes.

I found a website that suggests that God is a fair and just God. He's not going to hold us responsible for things we could not have possibly have known. Possibly the same thing exists for other religions, but rather than faith in Christ, God's mercy and justice decides each case.

References are to Romans 1, 2, and 3.

"Thankfully, this means, God in his mercy will judge these people through the law that they lived by- according to the standard they know to be true. We need to remember God is just in his judgement, he will not hold people to account for something they could not possibly know. So those who have never heard about Jesus will not be judged by their failure to follow him."

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok what about this ??

II CHRONICLES 36

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months
and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

If you're interested, the study of what you're getting at is called lower criticism.

The Septuagint says "eighteen", indicating that, a couple hundred years before the Hebrew Massorah was systematized, the difference either didn't exist, or scholars knew about the issue and had resolved it.

These are often copying errors. There are minor errors in many manuscripts, including Qu'ran manuscripts prior to the point where it was systematized. Scholars who are analyzing the issues in Qu'ran variants are generally threatened with death by the Muslim conservatives, so their work goes on in secret.

What Is the Koran? - The Atlantic (January 1999)

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello again I want to be,

Sorry for missing your point about the holy spirit vs christianity.

I was searching for something in Mormonism for a long time. I was hoping and praying and wishing it was true. I kept trying to follow their rules and what they say but it didn't work for me.

They said you could receive a spirit if you asked earnestly and you'd be told that the Book of Mormon was true.

Well I never did get that.

But they did express to me the importance of just trying things. So I tried going to Church and really felt "it".

Perhaps you should do what I did, and just bite the bullet, and try a few religions, and don't just limit yourself to two. Religion is a personal path. Perhaps there is some truth in the Quaker point of view, that there are many roads to God and God doesn't care which path you take as long as you get to him under your own power. It explains why there are so many religions - because we each need something different.

But I've felt peace, compassion and love through Christ and that works for me.

Thanks
Simon

hello simon

thanx a lot for your reply

but for me choosing the right religon is important

I mean

in christianity not believing in jesus as god will leads you to hell

in ISlam believing god has son will leads u to hell

what if i choose christianity and it whas the wrong way ??

Iwill be in hell and vise vesra

there is a a proverb says : never try just do

i don't like to try islam and try christianity

i just want to do believe after i be sure its my right way

hannibal

Upvote 0

sjdean

Sep 9, 2008
✟7,932.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Perhaps you're not yet ready to make a decision. Perhaps you're to go through a learning curve similar to mine, get to know other religions, other people, perhaps go to a church, a mosque, a synagogue and listen and hear, expand your faith in God and see where he leads you.

I was just having a read through Romans this morning (again, Im a new Christian so don't think Im any kind of authority), but simply having faith in Christ doesn't mean we can go out and be evil, so what about those who lead a good life but have never heard the word of Christ?

Choosing the right religion is important for me as well, but if you're anything like me, I don't think you'll ever find out without trying. You can read books left right and centre, but you'll be asking yourself, which book is most correct?

I think therefore instead of trying, do. Do go to Church. If it doesn't feel right, then what have you lost? Someone told me it's called faith for a reason. I figure Gods not going to be angry for wanting to find the best way to him.

For me Christianity is the best way.

Have you discussed this with your family? How do your parents handle their differences in religion?

Cya
Simon

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Perhaps you're not yet ready to make a decision. Perhaps you're to go through a learning curve similar to mine, get to know other religions, other people, perhaps go to a church, a mosque, a synagogue and listen and hear, expand your faith in God and see where he leads you.

I was just having a read through Romans this morning (again, Im a new Christian so don't think Im any kind of authority), but simply having faith in Christ doesn't mean we can go out and be evil, so what about those who lead a good life but have never heard the word of Christ?

Choosing the right religion is important for me as well, but if you're anything like me, I don't think you'll ever find out without trying. You can read books left right and centre, but you'll be asking yourself, which book is most correct?

I think therefore instead of trying, do. Do go to Church. If it doesn't feel right, then what have you lost? Someone told me it's called faith for a reason. I figure Gods not going to be angry for wanting to find the best way to him.

For me Christianity is the best way.

Have you discussed this with your family? How do your parents handle their differences in religion?

Cya
Simon

hello Simon
I wanna thank u 2 much for your help
I did as u advised thats why I wasn't around those past days
I went to a church , and a mosque
and watched debates between Deedat (muslim) and swaggert (christian)
readed book talking about Islam wrote by muslims and christianity wrote by christians
I figured out that even christians don't beleive in bible as god words as dr. w. Graham Scroggie of the moody bible institute says in his book

I bear witness there is no God but Allah . And Mohammed is prophet of Allah

by saying this sentence you become a muslim
and thats what I said

I am muslim now

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
If you're interested, the study of what you're getting at is called lower criticism.

The Septuagint says "eighteen", indicating that, a couple hundred years before the Hebrew Massorah was systematized, the difference either didn't exist, or scholars knew about the issue and had resolved it.

These are often copying errors. There are minor errors in many manuscripts, including Qu'ran manuscripts prior to the point where it was systematized. Scholars who are analyzing the issues in Qu'ran variants are generally threatened with death by the Muslim conservatives, so their work goes on in secret.

[/LEFT]

hi
let me correct this

first no one knows islam as muslims , so if you want to learn islam ask muslim not christian , as I did . I wanted some information about christianity so I ask you christian ,
there is no any errors in quran
God challenged people before 14 centry to make one verse like quran and no one could do . If you had 100 copies of arabic quran you will find it the same

bible is fantastic book but it contain many errors plus additions and deleting , how can I consider it as a holy book?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heymikey80

Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hi
let me correct this

first no one knows islam as muslims , so if you want to learn islam ask muslim not christian , as I did . I wanted some information about christianity so I ask you christian ,
there is no any errors in quran
God challenged people before 14 centry to make one verse like quran and no one could do . If you had 100 copies of arabic quran you will find it the same

bible is fantastic book but it contain many errors plus additions and deleting , how can I consider it as a holy book?
As those copies from the Great Mosque at Sana'a do show differences in the Arabic Quran, I consider the point moot what Muslim claims may be. Christians 500 years ago used to make the same claim, that we had one text received to everyone. But that imaginary world collapsed as we actually discovered early Scripture copies.

The Quran manuscripts from the 600's - 700's do show differences of the same sort as the Christian Scriptures. These are simply facts. Muslim scholars on Quran generally work in secret so Muslims won't kill them -- much as Christian researchers did 500 years ago. Keeping them silent doesn't make the Muslims who answer, right.

Religious killings and threats do not preserve the truth. They preserve an error with force. The truth needs no killings to avoid facts. It is the truth.

Someday Muslims will value God's word to Muhammed more than that word revised and altered later. That's how it is with Christians now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The three is one God is a mystery we Christians call the Trinity. The easiest way to explain it is three different states of matter, like steam, water, and ice are all H20 (Hydrogen dioxide). God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and God that came as Man but ascended to Heaven is Jesus Christ. I could go much deeper in theology, but something tells me not to do so at this point and simplier is better, but as you begin to understand we can take you into a deeper understanding.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would choose Christianity over Islam hands down. Compare the level of morality of Jesus Christ to ANY other religion in the world, and your heart will reveal to you that his standard is far above the morality of all other standards. There are many, many other reasons for choosing to be a Christian, but given your background I suggest testing both belief systems and see which one makes more sense to you and seems more right in your heart. If you are completely honest, there can be only one conclusion, and that is that Jesus Christ is the real God of our Universe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Knowledge and wisdom are two different things. He may know a lot but not how to discern properly. Him knowing a lot does not mean he knows everything. Most Christians believe the Bible is the word of God.

what about Kenneth Cragg the anglican bishob of jerusalem . In his book the call of the minarat . Page 277 . Saying : there is condensation and editing....
If words of god as cristians claim do we need to add . edit . delete
excuse me .it is not God word . The christian scientists said so . I gave you 2 of them and there is more

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
As those copies from the Great Mosque at Sana'a do show differences in the Arabic Quran, I consider the point moot what Muslim claims may be. Christians 500 years ago used to make the same claim, that we had one text received to everyone. But that imaginary world collapsed as we actually discovered early Scripture copies.

The Quran manuscripts from the 600's - 700's do show differences of the same sort as the Christian Scriptures. These are simply facts. Muslim scholars on Quran generally work in secret so Muslims won't kill them -- much as Christian researchers did 500 years ago. Keeping them silent doesn't make the Muslims who answer, right.

Religious killings and threats do not preserve the truth. They preserve an error with force. The truth needs no killings to avoid facts. It is the truth.

Someday Muslims will value God's word to Muhammed more than that word revised and altered later. That's how it is with Christians now.

hello micky
as we talking I like to have evidences of what you are trying to say . Like I did . I brought to you 2 different verses of bible . And gave you 2 bible scientists with the name of the book and the page .saying that bible is human words .
Now I want you to bring 2 different verses of arabic quran ( and you can't ) and muslim scientist saying quran is made by human .
Otherwise I will consider your reply as LIES

about killing and force , I think cristians is the last ppl should talk about killing and force . The world war 1 and 2 .wasn't made by muslims , Hitler wasn't muslim , the KKK killing black ppl in USA they were christians weren't they? The war on Vitnam and Somalia wasn't made by muslim american presidents . I think they were christians . So let us not talk about killing and force

quran can't be contain any errors for 2 reasons , the important one that God challenged all ppl to make other quran and thats what happend in Sana'a a group of ppl tried to make money by selling fake quran . And it was burned after the muslims found the errors in that quran when it was compared with the other quran . If you add or edit in quran . It will be so easy to find . Because alot of muslims save all quran in thier mind and heart . Even the young muslims of 12 and 11 years old the learn quran and can read it with a closed eye

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
The three is one God is a mystery we Christians call the Trinity. The easiest way to explain it is three different states of matter, like steam, water, and ice are all H20 (Hydrogen dioxide). God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and God that came as Man but ascended to Heaven is Jesus Christ. I could go much deeper in theology, but something tells me not to do so at this point and simplier is better, but as you begin to understand we can take you into a deeper understanding.

I realy wonder
when I say father the imaginary image that comes to my mind is : an old man with white hair .and when I say son . There is imaginary image of young man with blue eyes and long beard .
Could these 3 be 1 ?
When you imagine God , then he is not God . Cuz there is nothing like Allah

I don't believe in 3 as 1 niether in 1 as 3 , I beleive there is no God but Allah has no son , but prophets .

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because man tells you it's not the word of God that does not mean you should believe it. If someone says jumping off a bridge is a wise thing to do, that doesn't mean you should do it. If the Bible is not the word of God then Christianity is pointless. But the men who are Christians believe it. Why would they believe in something that has no substance derived from God? That is what makes these people, these "Christian scientists/scholars" very illogical and thus hypocritical.

There are two options:
Believing in something God-made
Believing in something man-made

Which seems more logical? If you believe in man, you can't believe in God.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Because man tells you it's not the word of God that does not mean you should believe it. If someone says jumping off a bridge is a wise thing to do, that doesn't mean you should do it. If the Bible is not the word of God then Christianity is pointless. But the men who are Christians believe it. Why would they believe in something that has no substance derived from God? That is what makes these people, these "Christian scientists/scholars" very illogical and thus hypocritical.

There are two options:
Believing in something God-made
Believing in something man-made

Which seems more logical? If you believe in man, you can't believe in God.

they are not just men . They are scientists . Knows more about bible . Never try to make them worth nothing buddy .
There is debate between Swaggert and deedat .named ( is bible god words )
try to know more about bible by searching
and as you if just aman like a preacher said bible is holy that doesn't mean it's holy

Upvote 0