Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Father is muslim
mother is christian
me is confused

which religon should I choose

none of them tried to influance on me , I tried to choose my religon by studing it in a closer look

I will not lie , I'm in a Islam forum too , ask here and there till I find answer 2 my questions .

If u c that here is not the right place , I will leave
if I'm wellcomed I'll be most pleasured

may god bless u

Reactions: Jeffz

Jeffz

one man free
Sep 3, 2009
Union Grove, WI, USA
✟8,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to you dear friend, what you are searching for is what all mankind think about. it is the most important purpose in life. We were created to have a relationship with our Creator. He is the one who is causing you to search. If you seek God with your whole heart you will find Him. It has nothing to do with religion. It all has to do with a relationship where you can truly know God just the way you may know your best friend, except in this case He will never leave you or change his love for you. I will tell you that when I realized that the One true God who created the universe and all that we see in our world actually Loved me and sent His Son on a mission to die for the sins of all men, I was smitten by THIS LOVE. THAT HE WOULD DIE FOR SUCH A SINNER AS MYSELF. It totally caused me to fall in love with Him. I have never been disapointed in that decision. I have failed Him many times but He has always been there with His arms open wide to accept me back in His Love. So I believe that you are here by no accident but by the Spirit of God leading you to somewhere that you can freely ask the most important questions that any man women or child can ask. I pray that God will reveal Himself to you so that you will have no doubt that He loves you.

One man set free,
jeffz

Reactions: Aino
Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Welcome to you dear friend, what you are searching for is what all mankind think about. it is the most important purpose in life. We were created to have a relationship with our Creator. He is the one who is causing you to search. If you seek God with your whole heart you will find Him. It has nothing to do with religion. It all has to do with a relationship where you can truly know God just the way you may know your best friend, except in this case He will never leave you or change his love for you. I will tell you that when I realized that the One true God who created the universe and all that we see in our world actually Loved me and sent His Son on a mission to die for the sins of all men, I was smitten by THIS LOVE. THAT HE WOULD DIE FOR SUCH A SINNER AS MYSELF. It totally caused me to fall in love with Him. I have never been disapointed in that decision. I have failed Him many times but He has always been there with His arms open wide to accept me back in His Love. So I believe that you are here by no accident but by the Spirit of God leading you to somewhere that you can freely ask the most important questions that any man women or child can ask. I pray that God will reveal Himself to you so that you will have no doubt that He loves you.

One man set free,
jeffz

thanks alot sir , I'm so glad to find someone taking my hand and guiding me to the right way

I realy respect you

for my questions I'll start by the most confusing question

who is jesus ? Is he a human or god or son?

Thank u alot sir

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
thanks alot sir , I'm so glad to find someone taking my hand and guiding me to the right way

I realy respect you

Thank u alot sir

Hi There I-want2be-christian

Jesus is the son of God. See, God exists as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are all equally God. Jesus came to earth in the human form to pay for our sins, so that we may have eternal life. We accept Jesus as our Saviour, and that is one of the most important principles of Christianity. Jesus is now back in heaven, with God the Father.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi want to be....

I am glad to see that you are searching and not just taking what you have been told.

Jesus is alive and standing with open arms to accept you. I won't go into a lot of reasons why you should choose Jesus as your Savior - I will let Jesus be your guide on that - when Jesus ascended into Heaven He sent us a Comforter which is a portion of His own Spirit called the Holy Spirit - He will guide you into the truth.

Just listen for that still small voice which comes to you as a tug on your spirit to do certain things or to make certain decisions. He will never lead you wrong.

Ask yourself how you feel when you pray to Jesus and when you pray in the Islam faith. Jesus is alive, his grave is empty and he sits on the right hand of God the Father, He is preparing a place for us to reside with Him for eternity.

Once you make up your mind and walk hand in hand with Jesus being guided by the Holy Spirit the Joy of the Lord will show through - walking with Jesus is a Joyful experience, not one of hard rules and regulations, not one of many do's and don'ts, but walking with a loving God who loved us enough to die on the cross so that we may enjoy eternity with Him.

God is a God of Love, once you make your mind up, you can serve only one God because God said He will not share His Glory with anyone, He is waiting for you with open arms and you will never regret making your decision to walk hand in hand with Jesus.

My prayers are that your decision will come soon and you can know the Joy of the Lord.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Father is muslim
mother is christian
me is confused

none of them tried to influance on me , I tried to choose my religon by studing it in a closer look

I will not lie , I'm in a Islam forum too , ask here and there till I find answer 2 my questions .

may god bless u

What Jesus said is right, read what He said...

If God gives it to you to believe, then you will see the truth and it will set you free.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi There I-want2be-christian

Jesus is the son of God. See, God exists as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are all equally God. Jesus came to earth in the human form to pay for our sins, so that we may have eternal life. We accept Jesus as our Saviour, and that is one of the most important principles of Christianity. Jesus is now back in heaven, with God the Father.

hello Andreha
how it can be , jesus is iqually to god but he is son of god ? This thing really confuse me
if i told my teacher that 3 = 1 he will give me 0 .
1=1 and 3=3
the 3 can't be 1
it's wether 3 gods or 1 god
an example : a big company owned by 3 twins look alike . you'll say (they) are (partners) . But if the same company were owned to just one , you'll say (he) is (great owner)

in the Islam forum they told me there is only one God , this is less complicated

what is the holy spirit , what does it look like ?

Thanx again bro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi want to be....

I am glad to see that you are searching and not just taking what you have been told.

Jesus is alive and standing with open arms to accept you. I won't go into a lot of reasons why you should choose Jesus as your Savior - I will let Jesus be your guide on that - when Jesus ascended into Heaven He sent us a Comforter which is a portion of His own Spirit called the Holy Spirit - He will guide you into the truth.

Just listen for that still small voice which comes to you as a tug on your spirit to do certain things or to make certain decisions. He will never lead you wrong.

Ask yourself how you feel when you pray to Jesus and when you pray in the Islam faith. Jesus is alive, his grave is empty and he sits on the right hand of God the Father, He is preparing a place for us to reside with Him for eternity.

Once you make up your mind and walk hand in hand with Jesus being guided by the Holy Spirit the Joy of the Lord will show through - walking with Jesus is a Joyful experience, not one of hard rules and regulations, not one of many do's and don'ts, but walking with a loving God who loved us enough to die on the cross so that we may enjoy eternity with Him.

God is a God of Love, once you make your mind up, you can serve only one God because God said He will not share His Glory with anyone, He is waiting for you with open arms and you will never regret making your decision to walk hand in hand with Jesus.

My prayers are that your decision will come soon and you can know the Joy of the Lord.

Sharonl
am most glad for giving me your time , I apreciate your kindness

one thing I'm sure of is that Jesus is alive , I was told that by my christian friends and the Islam forum , both sides agree with that , but Andreha and you said he is God , and now you said he died on the cross ,
How it can be , A God dies ?

About praying , I don't pray niether to jesus nor to Islam , till I find my way .

By the way , I wanted to buy a bible . But they told me there are different books , this let me ask . Why are they different , who wrote it ?

Thanx darling

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hello Andreha
how it can be , jesus is iqually to god but he is son of god ? This thing really confuse me
if i told my teacher that 3 = 1 he will give me 0 .
1=1 and 3=3
the 3 can't be 1
it's wether 3 gods or 1 god
an example : a big company owned by 3 twins look alike . you'll say (they) are (partners) . But if the same company were owned to just one , you'll say (he) is (great owner)
It's not additive. 1x1x1=1. Tell your teacher 1x1x1=3 ... what's he going to give you?

We don't talk about three gods. We talk about three Persons. And it's tough to understand, but not tough to see.

There are very shallow equivalents in creation. Everything's shallow when it comes to comparisons with God. But there are analogies. A picture can be drawn which looks like it's 3-dimensional -- but it's only two. Say you drew a box on a piece of paper. There are a lot more lines for a box than for a rectangle: it's still a box. In fact, if you drew a 3-d picture on a piece of paper -- you end up with lots of rectangles in 2-d. Try it. Draw a box on paper. You end up with lots of rectangles in 2-d. (well, parallelograms, but whatever.)

That's how it is with a God who is not simply personal -- He's beyond what a single personality can contain: He's transpersonal. So God looks to us, operates in the world, and really is in this creation, three Persons.

He's bigger than us. He's not just personal. So that looks to us like multiple Persons.
in the Islam forum they told me there is only one God , this is less complicated
There are lots of things less complicated than the truth. We have to describe the truth and be students of the truth -- we can't dictate the truth to God.

Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟26,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't talk about three gods. We talk about three Persons. And it's tough to understand, but not tough to see.

This is a good distinction to make. :thumbsup:

I might also point out that the concept of the Trinity does not come out as illogical when one applies the Law of Noncontradiction. That is, God can be one in essence and three in person at the same sense and time. They are separate attributes as we understand them.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2009
✟15,177.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
It's not additive. 1x1x1=1. Tell your teacher 1x1x1=3 ... what's he going to give you?

That's how it is with a God who is not simply personal -- He's beyond what a single personality can contain: He's transpersonal. So God looks to us, operates in the world, and really is in this creation, three Persons.

There are lots of things less complicated than the truth. We have to describe the truth and be students of the truth -- we can't dictate the truth to God.

don't you think that the difference between (god) and (person) like the difference between the sky and earth
I'm sure you don't believe in what you r trying to say , once he is only (One) god that means there is no (three)

what will happen if the USA president is not one Obama but THREE , ?

Is what u've said mentioned in bible ?

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Father is muslim
mother is christian
me is confused

may god bless u

Christian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I realy respect you

Thank u alot sir

Jesus Christ is most definitely God. He created Adam and Eve, the first man and woman, in his image. He is the Creator of the universe. The Bible says, “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made” (John 1:3). This includes all the Stars, all the original animals and plants, and even the angels (Colossians 1:15-17).

It is important not be confused. God did not create Jesus. Jesus is God, and he has always existed.

Jesus proved that he is God by doing many things that only God could do. These are called miracles. He made dead people alive. He walked across a great lake. He made blind eyes see perfectly again. He healed deadly diseases with a word.

The exciting truth is that Jesus is now also a man, and will remian so for all eternity. He humbled Himself to become like one of his own creations. He chose to become a man to help us in an extremely important way. This amazing event happened about 2-thousand years ago. The results have changed the world forever.

The part of God that is called the Holy Spirit created God's human body inside of a woman named Mary (Matthew 1:20). God went into this human body that grew inside of Mary. The baby was born and grew into a man.

At various times in the past, Jesus had appeared to people in human form. One example is when he appeared to Abraham just before the judgment of the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. But now, for the first time in history, God did not simply appear as man, he became fully human. Yet, he is still God. He is both God and man.

One huge difference between this man and every other man and woman, or boy and girl, is that Jesus was (and still is) sinless. We humans are full of sin. We sin every day. Jesus never did anything wrong, not even once. No matter what temptations came to him, he refused to sin. He has always remained pure and perfect.

Isn't it amazing to think about?! Our Creator walked among us. Like us, our Almighty God smelled the flowers and touched the animals that he had created. He loved boys and girls.

As a man, God experienced the same temptations that we feel (Hebrews 2:18). He suffered the same kind of physical pains that we suffer with. He also experienced emotional pain. He even wept about the city of Jerusalem (John 11:35). He was ignored, unappreciated, unloved, misunderstood, and even despised—even though he did nothing wrong, and always loved everyone (1 Peter 2:23). Not only is Jesus Christ the greatest man that ever lived; he is our Creator. He deserved all glory and honor!

Have you heard what people did to him? It was horribly painful and terribly unjust. They crucified Him.

He had the power to stop their torture and taunting at any time. His power is awesome beyond anything we can understand. Yet, he did not defend himself. He let himself be like a perfect, innocent little lamb that hurt no one, and was sacrificed for the sins of the people.

He did this for us, because he loves us. Only he could pay the price for our sins. Only he could save us from the punishment we deserve. He suffered for us (1 Peter 2:21; 3:18; 4:1).

Today, he lives in Heaven and works to help us (Romans 8:34). The Bible tells us that one day he will return to earth to become the rightful king of the entire world. That will be a most wonderful time! Finally, we will have a leader that is good and wise in every way. The earth will be filled with God's glory and justice. Life on this planet will become so much better. Even the dangerous animals will become harmless (the wolf will lie down with the lamb) (Isaiah 11:6).

Is Jesus Christ God or man? The amazing answer is BOTH; he is God and man.

Why did God become a man?

God did this wonderful thing for various reasons, including:
  1. To fulfill the prophecies of God's Word
  2. To satisfy the law, paying for all who are guilty of sin (Isaiah 53; Hebrews 9:12, 15). By his sacrifice, he purchased the right to give us salvation.
  3. To show us an example of how to live, and to tell us important stories face-to-face.
You can learn more about Jesus here ~~~>
Who is Jesus? Christ's Life, Death and Resurrection - ChristianAnswers.Net

You can lookup Bible passages here~~~> BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
don't you think that the difference between (god) and (person) like the difference between the sky and earth
I'm sure you don't believe in what you r trying to say , once he is only (One) god that means there is no (three)
In a word: No. God is three Persons. A person does not require a body. If he did, you'd be extinguished the moment you die. And yet Jesus repudiated that Himself: "But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed, in the passage about the bush, where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him." Lk 20:37-38

There is no limit on the number of persons in God.
what will happen if the USA president is not one Obama but THREE , ?
There is a limit on the number of persons in a human being.
Is what u've said mentioned in bible?
The Father is God -- John 6:27, 8:54
The Son is God -- John 1:1, 10:30, 20:28-29
The Spirit is God -- John 4:24, 1 Cor 2:11-12, 1 Cor 3:16

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Sharonl
am most glad for giving me your time , I apreciate your kindness

one thing I'm sure of is that Jesus is alive , I was told that by my christian friends and the Islam forum , both sides agree with that , but Andreha and you said he is God , and now you said he died on the cross ,
How it can be , A God dies ?

Jesus has two natures: God and man. In other words, Jesus is both God and man at the same time. This is why we see some scriptures that point to Him being divine and others pointing to Him being a man.

It is true that God cannot die. It is also true that man can die. But we see that Jesus has two natures, not one. It was the human part of Jesus that died on the cross, not the divine. But, because He is both God and man in one person, and because He was sinless, His sacrifice is sufficient to cover the sins of the world.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

thanx , but just give me one good reason to choose christianity
God gave us a brain to think
not just to follow

Jesus and what He taught, either the Father has enabled you to believe Him, or not. You should read the Gospels and see for yourself.

I can testify there is not another person on the planet I envy, so happy am I in the Christian faith. Not even across the full span of history.

Most people I feel real sorry for and wish they could know the joy I know.

How does one express such things in one's heart.

It is unseen... requires faith enabled by God to see and believe.

Upvote 0