Nov 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,000.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
chanis said:
so why are they having another test done if the first came back negative...I think there might be reasons other than what we're reading for them to have another pregnancy test done...hmmm...
No, I don't think so. Forcing your daughter to take one pregnancy test is, IMHO, unacceptable, but I could sort of understand it if they had *real* reason to suspect something. But with everything taken together, it sounds like the problem in this situation is the parents.

We start out with parents who think their daughter is pregnant because they say she's gained weight (when in fact she's pretty thin, and even if she had gained weight, there are many reasons to gain weight besides pregnancy - like water retention, etc.)

Next we move on to them forcing their daughter to take a pregnancy test because of their suspicions. Now, some of the pregnancy tests out there require it to be a certain number of days after the conception in order to give a positive result. If you'd had a contraceptive mishap on Monday, and you were worried, then a negative result on Wednesday might not be enough. You probably would want to test again on Friday, or even the next Monday, to be sure (depending on which test you use). But in this case, the parents think that she has already gained weight from the pregnancy. If that were truly the reason, then there's already been plenty of time for any test to give a legitimate negative. Refusing to accept a negative pregnancy test at this point is just wacked out denial, IMHO.

I don't know what the status of wonderbarbie's parents is, but I'm thinking that they're a bit 'off'. If they all go to the same church, and have a reasonable pastor, then speaking to him might be a very good idea. If the parents don't go to church, then speaking to her pastor would still be a good idea, I think, if only for support.

Upvote 0

wonderbarbie911

Apr 18, 2005
✟187.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am only telling the truth.
And see im the only one in my family that goes to school.
Also the only one that has ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend.
And at the age of 16 in my family that is frowned upon....
So I guess they are making every precatuion they can think of

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
chanis said:
that's just kinda werid to me that you're parents would think that way...are they ultra protective of you?

I'm getting the vibe that "weight gain" is the excuse they're using.

Upvote 0

sowellfan

Nov 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,000.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
wonderbarbie911 said:
I am only telling the truth.
And see im the only one in my family that goes to school.
Also the only one that has ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend.
Do you mean you're there are other kids (brothers/sisters) that are school-age but don't go to school, or what? (I'm thinking home schooled, I guess).

Upvote 0

chanis

"scru mpt rule cent ...&a
Nov 22, 2004
San Diego
✟16,870.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
this is just way too werid...I'm thinking that the parents might have some issues they've experianced in the past and thus goign through every step in trying to make sure nothing's wrong here...I see it as a trust issue...but it might just be speculation on my part...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums