Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is your neighbor?

My neighbor is the homeless man on my way to work that I've gotten tired of giving money to. My neighbor is the family that I believe is mistreating one of my patients...an eight year old. My neighbor is the person at work who is achingly seeking a mentor and that I have little time for because of "too much on my plate". My neighbor is my fellow parishioner who I turned down for our church's capital campaign because I was "over committed".

:(

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
My neighbor is CF, who I work for...and that I delight when I find such profound meaning as in this thread and with its author. CF is is my neighbor who I disagree with as well...many heartaches...but I still find gems like this thread and posters who can write poetry without trying....make profound statements while being the most unassuming...show friendship as if it was a reflex.

Upvote 0

QuakerOats

— ♥ — Living in Love — ♥ —
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟18,314.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
Humanity; the world. Technically though, my neighbour is an elderly lady who sits at her back door all day, staring evilly out at the neighbourhood. A friend of the family who also happens to live down our road went over to see if she was alright one afternoon, and the woman pulled down her pants and mooned her. Funny, and sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinkerbell222222

May 4, 2004
✟1,159.00
Faith
Christian
My neighbor is my roommate, whose constant desire to talk about a certain issue is annoying me.
My neighbor is the "church boy" who swore at me, and told me he assumed that I was "at least pretending to be Christian" when he found out I voted against the constitutional make-marriage-between-a-man-and-woman amendment in AZ.
My neighbor is the crazy objectivist who insists that we have a right to destroy the earth because "it's here for us to use up."
My neighbor is the professor who is so ideological that she annoys me.
My neighbor is the person I would be repulsed by if they were to help me when I was lying down, beaten up on the side of the road...

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear higgs2. Perhaps HATE is not a good word to use for a follower of Christ, it sound better if we say:" Abhor All Sin, and love others as we love ourselves." That is all God wants from us, 1( Love God with all our beings, and 2) love, ie. treat others as we like others to love, ie. treat us. Jesus will help and guide us, in fact He is the Way. Ask and we will receive, God can see our hearts, He knows all our thoughts and wishes. Unless we try truly, we will never know. And it is a fact, we will find that others treat us the same, and Jesus will give us His Love, Joy and Peace, to share among us. Love can change any face, higgs. I say this humbly and with love. Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0