Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't give up. I feel like I am banging my head against a wall and gave up for while. My mission is to bring Muslims to Jesus Christ. The hardest thing to over come is getting beyond Christians to reach them. We are in the end times now. I have studied Islam for 8 years and what is going on is extremely scary. The Quran is the exact opposite of the Bible. The description of Allh in the Quran matches EXACTLY with the description of Satan in the Bible. They worship a black rock in the Kaaba (Idol worship). They believe the black rock absorbs their sin. Reading the Quran and the Bible proves that the anti Christ comes from Mecca the birthplace of Islam. The Quran is the opposite of the Bible regarding end time prophecies. They believe 666 is good. They believe the beast is good. The believe Isa, a false Jesus will come back and say he never said he was god. They are trying to force their laws on mankind, the same as the anti Christ (as it says in the Bible). They are already taking the mark. If you want to save people, learn about Islam and save them. There are 1.5 BILLION of them to start with.
Pat

I can guarantee you will never convert a single Moslem with those kinds of comments.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Or just a very young, very keen believer. Nothing wrong with that; most of were there once.
Yup, nothing wrong with that; however, the young are the ones who are most susceptible and naive to the type of indoctrination that occurs in IFB circles.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yup, nothing wrong with that; however, the young are the ones who are most susceptible and naive to the type of indoctrination that occurs in IFB circles.
Just an FYI: the Duggars are also IFB so that is also an interesting side of it. The Quiverfull/Patriarchial IFB's.

Would like to ask the OP if she has these beliefs also.

Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Me: Mom, have you never felt led by the LORD to witness to the lost?

Mom: I went with you door-knocking before.

Me: I know, but that was just one time and a long time ago. Are you sure that is not enough?

Mom: OK, I am getting really mad at you and I'm not talking to you.

I am kind of disgusted and angry at my mom because she doesn't see how important it is to win the lost to Christ like I do. Christ has led me to be a witness every day that I am alive. I do it every day, while she just sits on her butt all day and watches TV on her computer. For hours and hours. She seems to care about that thing more than GOD. I hope she is not committing idolatry with her computer. Treating a computer like a god is idolatry. I don't think she cares that people are dying and going to Hell. She has on these rose-colored glasses, she thinks life is alright and OK (there are no problems) all the time, and I tell you, for the lost everything is not OK. For them life is terrible. I wish she would see that. I wish she would take off those rose-colored glasses and see life for what it really is like I do. It seems almost selfish to me that she does not care about the eternal destiny of others.

So my mom and I are not on speaking terms right now. I firmly believe she should witness more (doing it only one time is not enough!), and she does not seem to think so. We disagree with each other. No matter how many times I speak to her, I make no impact. I wonder if my words are falling on deaf ears. All she wants to do is watch TV all day, and this disgusts me so much I want to take her computer and chuck it out the window. I don't care what she would think of that. That thing is preventing her from living for GOD, it must be evil or something.

I have noticed that she does not pray or read her Bible as much as I do either. I am wondering if she is a just another lukewarm Christian. I am serious about my faith. Is she? It makes me mad inside.
Sis, the Great Commission is a little different in the Greek than it reads in the English. We read it as "GO!!! and make converts." But... there are two things happening here that we miss....

1. The "Go!" is a participle in Greek, IOW, it is "going" and the application is "passive" and best paraphrased as "As you are going."

2. The "makes converts" as you know is "make disciples" but for some reason we have all but joined those 2 words. This part of the sentence IS in command for (not passive) but it is a call to TEACH not make converts.

So when we look at those 2 items, we see that "as you are going, teach" means that as you are going about your life, reflecting the Lord in your words and deeds... that when somebody sees Him in you and is drawn and they begin to SEEK (he that seeks will find)... THEN you have a willing student who you can teach. The idea that we should be knocking on doors is outside of the scope of this command. If we live reflecting the Lord in our words and deeds we will have people among us begin to seek... begin to ask questions... and when they do, we can fulfill the commission by teaching them.

It is God who draws people to Himself (John 6:44) we don't do that, He does. That takes the weight off us needing to out and and ride bikes and leave literature at the homes of people who are not asking or seeking.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If any telly were capable of blocking the work of God then the telly would be stonger than God is.

Is that what you think? I don't.
1 John 5:19 shows that the world lies in the power of the wicked one. Does that also mean that the wicked one is stronger than God? No of course, it means that the world yields itself to the wicked one instead of yielding to God.

It is true though, that the Television is a source of corruption that destroys the holy work of God in His people's lives.

We Christians set the standard of righteousness that God may execute just judgement at our representation of repentance. Psalms 12:8 conveys this more fully.
Lord, I don't know what you are watching; there is nothing like that on my telly! (Or if there is, it isn't there for long.)
Thanks for that! You must be well aware then, of what some Christians are choosing to watch.

I was visiting a friend a few weeks ago, and he had TV going. I watched about 15 seconds of it, it was some kind of TV show that makes entertainment of relationship problems:

"This is Shaun, and this is Lisa. They're deeply in love with each other and now they want to get married."

I was thinking that this is a lovely thing! They are a happy couple, full of brightness :) .. although there was an ominous tone in the presenter's voice:

"And this is Susan, Lisa's mother." (beat/pause)

(a full shot of Susan at a distance, standing side-on to the camera, looking with a scowl toward the camera and an oppressive, evil demeanor. The camera changes to a close-up view of Susan's face, that is full of venemous, dark energy).

"Lisa's mother doesn't think that is such a good idea".

My response to that was to judge Susan. I was provoked to hate her for her evil and unjust abuse of power. I blurted out my condemnation of Susan - then I realised what I had just said! Look how expert these TV producers have become, at manipulating human thought!

I said to my friend "Is it alright if we can just turn off the TV? It's making me think in a bad way about people, and I don't want to think of people that way. I don't go walking down the street thinking that way about people, you know".

That's an example for you of what Christians would typically be consuming, I imagine. It's just another simple case of 1 Corinthians 15:33:

Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."

.. and of course, if people are watching these programmes, they are being groomed to think that way about people. It's worse though if they are enjoying it, because they are enjoying the hating of their neighbour - the murder in their hearts.

At that stage, The Holy Spirit is displaced from them, and instead they have yielded their spirit to evil.

Any person who creates Television that encourages Christians to think in sinful ways, indeed does block the work of God. But does the blame lie with the film producers, or with the Christian who sins while knowing that he ought to condemn that sin instead?

Leave! Leave! Get out of there! Don't touch anything unclean! Get out of it! Stay pure, you who carry the LORD's holy items!
Isaiah 52:11 (NET)
I don't have to justify anything. When I am sitting watching telly the Lord is sitting beside me, and enjoying it every bit as much. :)
Are you feeding on the bread of life though? That's the operative point.

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live for ever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.’"

Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

What do I imply then? That food sacrificed to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be partners with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. Or are we provoking the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.
I am sure you are aware that this verse is not about being actually asleep; we all need to sleep. It is about being spiritually asleep; totally different thing.
Yes, that's right. That was slightly meaty. You might enjoy chewing on Matthew 25:8-9, Matthew 24:38-39, Mark 6:51-52 and Ezekiel 34:20 too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Me: I know, but that was just one time and a long time ago. Are you sure that is not enough?

I am kind of disgusted and angry at my mom because she doesn't see how important it is to win the lost to Christ like I do. Christ has led me to be a witness every day that I am alive. I do it every day, while she just sits on her butt all day and watches TV on her computer. For hours and hours. She seems to care about that thing more than GOD. I hope she is not committing idolatry with her computer. Treating a computer like a god is idolatry. I don't think she cares that people are dying and going to Hell. She has on these rose-colored glasses, she thinks life is alright and OK (there are no problems) all the time, and I tell you, for the lost everything is not OK. For them life is terrible. I wish she would see that. I wish she would take off those rose-colored glasses and see life for what it really is like I do. It seems almost selfish to me that she does not care about the eternal destiny of others.

So my mom and I are not on speaking terms right now. I firmly believe she should witness more (doing it only one time is not enough!), and she does not seem to think so. We disagree with each other. No matter how many times I speak to her, I make no impact. I wonder if my words are falling on deaf ears. All she wants to do is watch TV all day, and this disgusts me so much I want to take her computer and chuck it out the window. I don't care what she would think of that. That thing is preventing her from living for GOD, it must be evil or something.

I have noticed that she does not pray or read her Bible as much as I do either. I am wondering if she is a just another lukewarm Christian. I am serious about my faith. Is she? It makes me mad inside.

I feel your pain, but in the end, your mom has to make her own decision. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. In the Bible it says move on when you tell someone about Christ and they don't want to hear it. But definitely keep praying for her and witnessing to others. Prayer makes a difference--she may yet come around!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You have a very superior, and insulting, attitude toward your mother. Not the best approach for a Christian witness. Since you asked for advice I will give it frankly. I have seen several posts from you on this site where you complain how people are rude to you or shut you out when you try to witness. Something seems to be wrong with your delivery! Also, I have seen a post where you are saying you don't feel close to the Father and have no joy.

My dear child, the one you need to be prayerfully concentrating on is you! When you get the love of the Father inside you - not when you are berating others for not listening to you when you yourself don't even feel close to Him - you will be led to witness right.

If your health is strong I suggest you do a once a week 24 hour water fast. In that time forget about others. Concentrate on and pray about YOUR relationship to the Father.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

She needs you to pray for her, not be disgusted and judgmental. I know from past experience (being on the receiving end) that this can drive people away and seed a deep resistance to the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, that's right. That was slightly meaty. You might enjoy chewing on Matthew 25:8-9, Matthew 24:38-39, Mark 6:51-52 and Ezekiel 34:20 too!

No thanks. I have no interest in tracking your personal interpretation of the Gospel through those verses.

But do carry on with the Bible eating if it makes you happy.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0