My little girl (is getting her tonsils out tomorrow

Jillian1527

Apr 10, 2004
Indiana
✟15,524.00
Faith
Christian
SHe is 7.
I am nervous but I think she is even worse. anyone have any ideas on what I can do or say to comfort her? we are taking her to the surgery center later today so she can look around and have the to ease her fears some. I also have told her to pray and ask God to help her not to worry and know she will be ok.
she doesnt have any one fear in particular. I know I get scared myself when I have to have surgery let alone a child.
any help would be wonderful.

bluedragonfly73

Better known as &q uot ;BLU E&
Dec 19, 2004
Katy
✟25,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I can say is just sit and pray with her....Taking her to the hospital is a GREAT idea...My son got his taken out when he was just 18 months and he was so scared all the big things around him people he didn't know...but it helped that he had family there and knowing what is gonna happend etc helps them no one to expect, but no matter what she will be nervous and so will you till you both come out of it.....My prayers will be with you and your daughter.. Remember have lots of soft stuff etc for her at home.... Good luck to both of you.....but it seems your doing a good job of it yourself...Also if she has a favorite stuff animal or something that gives her comfort to take it with her....prayers to ya'll

Upvote 0

LegacyOfLove

Senior Veteran
Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
✟10,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I got my tonsils taken out when I was 7 also (believe it or not...I still remember the exact date! LOL). For me, my parents took me to the hospital ahead of time, but it still didn't prepare me for what was to come. Now, back then, to "put you to sleep" they used the old gas-mask thing. Fortunately, now they'll most likely do this through an IV. (So, this will be a little less scary seeming for her). I would say to pray with her and let her know that Jesus is going to be watching over her and His angels will be with her. Tell her that she'll get a really great nap and that when she wakes up, she'll get to have all kinds of goodies! (I wish someone had told me about that ahead of time...so I'd have had something cool to think about). After her surgery, she'll get lots of Jello, popsicles...pudding...(goodies!!). So, she'll get the royal "princess" treatment!

If she sees this surgery as something that is positive and that there will be healthful benefits (no more tonsil problems) and some sweet rewards (the popsicles and such)...then she won't be so focused on the things that she may otherwise be afraid of! And beyond that, just give her lots of loves! I'll be saying a prayer for her that everything goes well with the surgery and her recovery...and that God will give her peace! God bless you!

Upvote 0