Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
how can you say I don't have compassion?
I have to disagree. Sometimes we know whether or not to get involved and other people become judgmental. You don't lack compassion based on using wisdom like you've stated.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Was Jesus ever disgusted with anyone? He didn't approve of the actions of certain people but never disgusted.

You should have just told her you don't approve of her sleeping with new men every night.
Matthew 10 (Jesus' words!)
14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

It's safer to pray for someone than to get involved with the wrong people!

Upvote 0

InThePottersChamber

Apr 29, 2017
Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to disagree. Sometimes we know whether or not to get involved and other people become judgmental. You don't lack compassion based on using wisdom like you've stated.
thank you so much @Rescued One , I think as people we are taught to never judge and help everyone, so that some of us feel guilty for doing things that protect ourselves. As people we need to remind ourselves that self-care and self protection aren't the same with antipathy and selfishness. We cannot help others if we don't help ourselves.

Upvote 0

InThePottersChamber

Apr 29, 2017
Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 10 (Jesus' words!)
14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

It's safer to pray for someone than to get involved with the wrong people!
I agree with you again. Jesus wasn't clearly portrayed as disgusted at any occasion, but He definitely showed anger and all throughout the OT you see God the Father telling His people to kill all the pagans. This is because God knows some people will never listen or change no matter what, but the people who change (for the worse) will be the good, Godly ones. One bad apple will spoil the whole barrel. God knows how terrible sin can affect people like a domino effect. Sociology explains why very well. If you study human sciences, you will realize why God does certain things. Also, I believe He chooses us because of our hearts. This is not saying we are such great people to have such hearts, but we must give Him the glory, He was the One who designed our hearts anyway. We are not Jews, but we are still His chosen.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it's sad you said you would contact her each week then blocked her.
that probably is something to say sorry for, and then say you have your own issues you're trying to work through so are not able to be a friend to her but sincerely wish her well for the future.
she is not beneath you, she is a precious creation of the living God.
people who dont know Jesus behave all sorts of destructive ways, why wouldnt they if they do not have Him in their life.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Most of my relatives, including nearly all on my mother's side, and five of my mother's six children were liberal non-Christians, and anti-Christians. He hates the workers of iniquity according to the Bible. That is biblical, not a man-made doctrine.

Upvote 0