Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The foundation at the base of the chart for the 7 year 70th week is found in the 6 seals in chapter 6,

then the great multitude coming out of the Great Tribulation in chapter 7,

then the seventh seal in chapters 8-9,

then the seventh trumpet in chapters 10-11.

right click on the chart, then choose "open in new tab", then click on the new tab to view the chart full screen.

upload_2022-9-21_20-46-51.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The foundation at the base of the chart for the 7 year 70th week is found in the 6 seals in chapter 6,

right click on the chart, then choose "open in new tab", then click on the new tab to view the chart full screen.

View attachment 321007

If great tribulation recorded in Matthew 24 is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast recorded in Revelation 13, it makes better sense to connect this with the little season recorded in the 5th seal only. IOW, this little season equals the 42 month reign of the beast. Per your chart this would mean this little season spans seals 2 through 6, yet, for example, this little season couldn't possibly still be in progress during seal 6 if that is when God's vengeance begins.

According to Matthew 24 there is no vengeance of God taking place during verses 15-26. That doesn't begin happening until verse 29, the 6th seal. You would have us believe, via your chart, great tribulation is also involving the 6th seal though Matthew 24:29 clearly debunks that.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

You chart would have us believe that the 6th seal is not meaning immediately after the trib of those days like Jesus plainly stated, but instead is meaning during the trib of those days. IOW, apparently, in your mind you are the one correct here not Christ, since what Christ plainly stated, this contradicts your chart, not agrees with it instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If great tribulation recorded in Matthew 24 is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast recorded in Revelation 13,

David, the great tribulation that Jesus spoke of begins when the abomination of desolation is setup in a holy place. Jesus referred to Daniel the prophet.

Neither the beast (the Antichrist), nor 42 months, nor 1260 days, are mentioned in Matthew 24.

1. The great tribulation and the tribulation of those days, both begin when the abomination of desolation is setup - based on Daniel 12:11-12. 1335 days before Jesus returns - setup on day 1185 of the 7 years. On this chart.

upload_2022-9-20_10-0-57.jpeg

2. 75 days of those 1335 days overlap the testimony time of the two witnesses. During that 75 days in Revelation 11, the beast makes war on the two witnesses, who will be giving cover for the Jews to flee to the mountains.

3. After the beast kills the two witnesses on day 1260, their bodies lie dead in the streets 3 1/2 days. Which the world will be saying who can make war against the beast?

4. Then the two witnesses bodies are brought back to life and called up to heaven on day 1263.5. Leaving 1256.5 days in the 7 years. Which in Revelation is the 42 months term, but is actually a little less than 1260 days.

The 42 months (1256.5 days) given to the beast to rule the world, is the 42 months in Revelation 13. During that 42 months, his rule will not be impeded by the two witness who will have left this world. On this chart.

upload_2022-9-20_10-2-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 321007

Dougg

No matter how many charts you produce you are still in error as there is no gap in the 70 week prophecy and you go against all of the reformers.

The reformers were inspired by the Holy Spirit, if you do not believe that then you should Join the RCC as they do not believe that.

Protestants = Protesters

The Reformers, one and all, applied the prophecies of the “Man of sin” and the “Antichrist” to the Papacy. John Knox, for instance, wrote, “The Pope is the head of the Church of Antichrist. As for your Roman Church as it is now corrupted. I no more doubt but that it is the synagogue of Satan, and the head thereof called the Pope, the man of sin.”

Cranmer at his trial, gave what he knew was his dying testimony, “As for the Pope, I refuse him as Christ’s enemy, and the antichrist with all his false doctrines.”

Martin Luther never felt free to break with the Church of Rome until he discovered Justification by faith and had nailed his thesis on the church door. He still believed the Pope was the vicar of Christ and the church of Rome was Christ’s church. He merely aimed at reforming the Catholic Church. It was the discovery from Bible prophecy that finally gave him strength to make the full and final break. He discovered that the Pope was the Antichrist, the “Man of Sin.

Prophecy had foretold the Reformation and prophecy had given the foundation. Is it any wonder that the Papacy, felt that at any cost, it must turn the evidence. The stigma must be removed. Ribera, a clever Jesuit was selected to do the removing of that damning stigma. Futurism’s origin condemns it. It originated with Jesuits.

https://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/the_origin_of_futurism.pdf

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Per your chart this would mean this little season spans seals 2 through 6, yet, for example, this little season couldn't possibly still be in progress during seal 6 if that is when God's vengeance begins.
No, that is not what my chart shows. It does not annotate the little season on it - as the little season length is not is given.

However, since the placement of the 5th seal is presented in the text right before the 6th seal event of Jesus appearing in heaven sickle in hand, the little season would be maybe a couple of months or so.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No matter how many charts you produce you are still in error as there is no gap in the 70 week prophecy and you go against all of the reformers.
The gap timewise between the 69th and 70th week is not empty, but is the time of the gentiles, and the spreading of the gospel of the kingdom to the nations.

I don't know what all of the reformers taught. But any who taught the 70th week was already fulfilled - they are wrong, and yes I go against that teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither the beast (the Antichrist), nor 42 months, nor 1260 days, are mentioned in Matthew 24.

Is this an argument or just an observation? Just because neither the beast (the Antichrist), nor 42 months, nor 1260 days, are mentioned in Matthew 24, doesn't prove Matthew 24 does not involve those things. That's why Scripture interpreting Scripture is important. That way the authors in the NT didn't need to mention every single thing that is involved every time since those things are already mentioned elsewhere.

Douggg, since I tend to get absent minded from time to time, thus don't always recall what one's position is in regards to this or that, remind me whether you agree or disagree that Matthew 24:29 records the 6th seal recorded in Revelation 6? If you disagree, what are some valid reasons for that? And no, what you submitted in this post are not valid reasons, so, meaning something other than that.

For example, it's not like---and the stars of heaven shall fall---whatever that might look like, that that happens multiple times at different times. Both Matthew 24 and Revelation 6 record this falling stars event. Therefore, they both refer to the same events, events pertaining to the 6th seal.

If you instead agree, how can your chart in the OP have great tribulation involving the 6th seal, the entire 6th seal on top of that, when Jesus indicated the 6th seal follows immediately after great tribulation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 10, 2019
North Augusta
✟53,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 321007
Interesting.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just because neither the beast (the Antichrist), nor 42 months, nor 1260 days, are mentioned in Matthew 24, doesn't prove Matthew 24 does not involve those things.
The 42 month (1263.5 day) rule of the beast is within the great tribulation timeframe.

Douggg, since I tend to get absent minded from time to time, thus don't always recall what one's position is in regards to this or that, remind me whether you agree or disagree that Matthew 24:29 records the 6th seal recorded in Revelation 6?
I also forget other poster's position, as there are some many.

My position is that Matthew 24:29 thru Matthew 30a (the sign of the Son of Man in heaven) is the 6th seal event recorded in Revelation 6.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

If you instead agree, how can your chart in the OP have great tribulation involving the 6th seal, the entire 6th seal on top of that, when Jesus indicated the 6th seal follows immediately after great tribulation?

Because the 1290 day count takes the reader to the 6th seal, Jesus appearing in heaven, sickle in hand.

There are 45 days still remaining from Jesus first appearing in heaven - until his return down to earth. During that 45 days, the kings of the earth spend gathering their armies at Armageddon in preparation for making war on Jesus (in Revelation 16.13-16)

Near the end of those 45 days, (in Revelation 16:17-21), the last vial of God's wrath of the great tribulation is poured out, the 7th vial.

After which, Jesus descends to earth, on day 2520, ending the great tribulation, Matthew 24:30b.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who did that to them?
Seems they did it to themselves.

Luther absolutely believed - falsely - that the pope was the end times Antichrist, And was so convinced he was living in the end of days that he even believed - again, falsely -that the end would come before he had finished translating the Old Testament.
RESEARCH: Martin Luther and the End of the World

He was so convinced that the times he was living in were so full of peril and dispair, without comparison, that he just HAD to be living in the end of days... And that hasn’t changed much among Protestants of every generation since...They just keep creating new charts & moving the goalposts after each failed end times prediction...

What would you call the false accusation that the pope was the antichrist and the False claim that the end of the world would surely arrive before he had finished his OT translation?

Cogent, sober, reasoned, evidence based deduction?

Sounds to me it was just the opposite.
Hysterical, non fact based, ramblings of someone blinded by fear and not seeing clearly.

And the legacy he left in his wake is plain... his Protestant descendants have not only continued to propagate this hysteria, they’ve only amplified it, again it total absense of any cogent, reasoned, evidence based deduction..

They’ve even turned their hysteria into a cottage industry that generates millions of $$ and deceives millions of people.

A very troubling legacy indeed.

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And that hasn’t changed much among Protestants of every generation since...They just keep creating new charts & moving the goalposts after each failed end times prediction..
p70, if you adjusted your world view from Catholic and Protestants to....

Catholics

Protestants

Other - such as messianic's, non-denominational (like me), etc.

....you would have a more accurate view of the makeup of Christianity. I too, believe that the pope is not the Antichrist - but I am not a protestant, nor a Catholic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A very troubling legacy indeed.

"From the birth of Popery in 606 to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery." -- "History of Romanism," pp. 541, 542. New York: 1871.
Estimates of the Number Killed by the Papacy in the Middle Ages

Pope Francis officially apologized for persecuting Protestants on January 25
Pope Apologizes for Killing Protestants

A very troubling legacy indeed

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-20_11-31-54.png
    upload_2022-9-20_11-31-54.png
    287 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that is not what my chart shows. It does not annotate the little season on it

While that is true, this still ignores what I'm arguing, that the little season is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast, and that it only pertains to the time of the 5th seal, in regards to this little season. Assuming I am correct, your chart would mean this little season spans 5 seals rather than just one seal. Because, per my view, this little season recorded in the 5th seal, the 42 month reign of the beast recorded in Revelation 13, and great tribulation recorded in Matthew 24, these are all the same event. And that your chart in the OP has the great trib spanning 5 seals, seals 2-6, rather than just one seal, seal 5.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
what I'm arguing, that the little season is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast
What is your basis for thinking that ?

The little season is not the martyring time. It is a waiting period, after most of the martyring has been done.

Upvote 0