• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

my fiance is in the hospital

d00dlypeach

God's Grateful Girl
Mar 4, 2019
palmetto, fl
✟7,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
we had to bring him in yesterday because he hadn't been taking his meds. he knows how important it is to me that he takes them and stays healthy, so i'm feeling a mix of anger that he would do this to me, worry for him, and sadness that i didn't notice anything was wrong sooner.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes meds can be forgotten or have rough side effects that make people take them inconsistently. I hope everything is okay after the hospital stay for him and your family.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
we had to bring him in yesterday because he hadn't been taking his meds. he knows how important it is to me that he takes them and stays healthy, so i'm feeling a mix of anger that he would do this to me, worry for him, and sadness that i didn't notice anything was wrong sooner.
i'm not christian so i don't know how to relate but...just don't deny if it is indeed the truth...i'm not saying it isn't but don't deny you are helping him and love him...there is much things to learn to help him from all of it maybe...keep him close to you and keep him in your heart i guess and tell him you will be in his heart and if things get bad in the hospital...tell him also you will be with him as an angel or whatever you'd like i guess...next time...i guess just try to notice his body language...his expressions and what he may mean...help him as his angel if you want...if he ever shows his heart to you...listen and feel for him and be there for him definitely...i'm not saying you're not...just friendly advice from me...too much anger can make you feel no calm of course...in such bad times...calmness is approving i would think...i'm not saying you don't care about him, again, so i'm just saying advice here...stay strong and remind him to stay strong too...let him know he is not alone...no one is alone...love exists...

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
After this episode he will probably be faithful to take his meds daily becuase being in the hospital is horrible.
wow...good you notice such a thing for him...such a thing alone will get him to keep you in his heart...tell him how you feel in visits...you know...be there for him...tell him you love him in visits...tell him in visits it'll be okay...yes?...

Upvote 0