Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Continuing the saga from: Prayer Request: My brother is in the hospital Summary: My brother had an intussusception removed that contained a cancerous tumor. One of the lymph nodes they also removed in the surgery also came up with cancer. His next medical treatment is a colonoscopy on April 24. Please continue to pray for him, as he may have to go through chemotherapy (ouch). He is 26 years old.

Meanwhile, also pray for guidance and wisdom for me as I navigate through what promises to be a complex situation. My dad wants to evict me from the house that I'm currently staying at, so I called my boyfriend (who knows how to move houses) and got a quote for the move. Then, right after my boyfriend left, my mom called and begged me to stay at the house that I'm currently at because she needs me to take care of my brother and drive him to chemotherapy. I'm not going to leave town so maybe I can move out and still take care of him?!

Part of me wants to tell my mom no, but my brother hasn't done anything wrong and my mom may need dental surgery as well which could keep her 400 miles away. Still, my mom would do a much better job of taking care of my brother than I would. Prayers appreciated, still.

ronlion

Dec 23, 2013
✟47,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Linux,Poet: below is a link to a YT video about the medically-proven tripling in length- by a Christian's prayer- of Bruce Van Natta's intestines after docs removed most of it because of an accident. Your brother has colon cancer so I think it's relevant in some ways. I'm praying in Jesus' most beautiful name for your brother, you and family. As you know Jesus uses doctors and prayer to heal us. My little-and only- sister, who I love so, so much with all my heart, died a terribly painful death some years ago. I was not a Christian then so I didn't pray for her unfortunately. But now as a real child of the Almighty -because of Jesus- I will soldier on in love, faith and resoluteness to edify the Christian youth of America and the world.
As you know ours is the victory over everything because of the Cross of Jesus and his proven resurrection from the dead!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,410.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Praying!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Definitely joining in prayer for your brother and you on such such difficult moment in life.

Prayer that your brother finds relief for body and mind during the process of chemotherapy. May faith and hope fill both your brother’s and your heart.
Stay strong for each other as sibling that stick together can strengthen the power of positive thinking, and prayers will feel stronger, and more uplifting.

Also praying that your moving situation resolves quickly. Whatever is going on, God will know the best outcome.

Many hugs!
L4H

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Continuing the saga from: Prayer Request: My brother is in the hospital Summary: My brother had an intussusception removed that contained a cancerous tumor. One of the lymph nodes they also removed in the surgery also came up with cancer. His next medical treatment is a colonoscopy on April 24. Please continue to pray for him, as he may have to go through chemotherapy (ouch). He is 26 years old.

Meanwhile, also pray for guidance and wisdom for me as I navigate through what promises to be a complex situation. My dad wants to evict me from the house that I'm currently staying at, so I called my boyfriend (who knows how to move houses) and got a quote for the move. Then, right after my boyfriend left, my mom called and begged me to stay at the house that I'm currently at because she needs me to take care of my brother and drive him to chemotherapy. I'm not going to leave town so maybe I can move out and still take care of him?!

Part of me wants to tell my mom no, but my brother hasn't done anything wrong and my mom may need dental surgery as well which could keep her 400 miles away. Still, my mom would do a much better job of taking care of my brother than I would. Prayers appreciated, still.
Wow that is a lot on your shoulders. Praying for you my friend! May the Lord heal your brother and give you the direct path He intends you to take! God bless you and your family.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Update: So far, it appears that our Lord has heeded the voice of supplications on my brothers' behalf. After more medical examination, it appears that the doctors removed all of my brothers' cancer via surgery. The cancer spread to one lymph node that was near the tumor, but it appears to have gone no further than that. Praise the Lord for healing.

In the face of all of the tests and evidence, my brother has decided to forgo chemotherapy and is doing well, well enough to climb Mt. Russell with me. He has changed his diet to a less carcinogenic one and one that contains more fiber and wheat, which seems to be doing well for him. The doctors are monitoring his condition.

As for my mom, a second opinion revealed that she didn't need the drastic dental surgery and she was able to go with a less invasive option. I honestly forget what said option was - it was several months ago.

As for the eviction, it has unfortunately progressed into the realm of the courts at this point. This is my fathers' sin, who has filed a lawsuit against me for "refusing to work", even through I have a job and am starting my own businesses. My mother has informed me that the eviction is illegal, because my house is community property between my mom and my dad, and the house is owned by a trust between my mom and my dad, and to evict me both trustees have to sign, and my mom will not. It has become evident that my dad does not care about my employment or lack thereof and simply wants to get rid of me.

In an effort to keep peace with all men, I am diligently working every day to raise money in order to leave. I currently have a vehicle and the situation is at least somewhat under control. I will be leaving as soon as I can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums