Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
" HOW CLOSE ARE WE TO GOING HOME ? "

Before I start this subject, I want everyone to know right here and now, that I am in no way trying to predict the exact time of our Lord's coming. But I do however, aim to show that we are running out of time. To most of the world, on New Years Eve 2001 we entered a new Millenium, BUT, did we really?? In this study, I aim to show reasonable doubt concerning our calendar, as it was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit

The Lord opened my eyes to something again, on March 19, 2002. It seems very odd that He would pick this date, because it was exactly 6 months ago, to the day, that He revealed something else to me, and I titled that subject, "WHERE IS AMERICA IN THE LAST DAYS ?". I feel led to write this, and it seems fitting also, that today (Mar.29) happens to be the Passover of 2002, which has a lot to do with this subject.

I feel like maybe the Lord is calling me to be some kind of a Watchman, like in Ezekiel 33, and I am blowing my trumpet to warn all who have an ear, because our time is getting very short. Yeah - I'm sure some will say I'm a nut, or crazy, but that doesn't bother me. That's what they said about Noah too, when he was warning the world of the coming flood.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth in six literal days. They were literal days, because after each one, there was evening and there was morning. But there was also a seventh day, and on this day God rested from all his labor. God blessed this seventh day and made it Holy. Holy means : set apart / separate / and righteous.

Although God did nothing in the seventh day but rest, He made a strong point to us, that we should always remember that day. Later this seventh day became known as the Sabbath Day. He commanded us to keep it Holy. The Jews have gotten themselves in a lot of trouble for refusing to obey this command. This day has very special meaning. It's a day that we are never to forget. God put the Israelites in charge of keeping this day Holy, but we christians need to know what it is too, it's not just Saturday.

Hebrews 4: 3,9-10 - (3)"Now we who have believed enter that rest, "So I declared on oath in my anger, they shall never enter my rest." And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. >>> (9)There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; (10)for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His."

Folks, I believe those seven days of God's creation were just a shadow/ or a model of the big picture of God's plan for mankind. There are many, many more scriptures that talk about that day, but I am only selecting a few of them. We can always pull up more on the thread later, and you are more than welcome to do so.

Our Wonderful, Glorious Heavenly Father has made known to us the end from the very beginning of His creation.
Isaiah 46: 10 - "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say; My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." Oh- and what an awesome reward for those that love Him.
1 Corr. 2: 9-10 - "However, it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him"-(10) but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God."

Take a look at this verse, it will help us understand the model of God's plan for mankind.>>> 2 Peter 3: 8 - "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends; With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

If you apply that scripture with the model, then you will be able to see how man would rule, or have dominion over God's creation for 6000 years, but the next 1000 years after that would be the Sabbath Day, or the Day of the Lord. Now lets look at the model of God's plan.

From the day that God created Adam to the time of Abraham, there were 2000 years. From Abraham to Christ was another 2000 years, which adds up to 4000 years. The calendar makers made their calendars starting from the birth of Christ. I would say that this was a huge mistake. They should have started when Messiah was cut off, not born. I'll show you why later, when I close.

There's no way to figure out exactly when God created Adam. There were no calendars way back then. But we could calculate from Jesus' time. Could it be proven that the "age of grace" would last 2000 years?? I'm sure to find out, very shortly.

I believe that the crucifiction of Christ was not only the payment for mans sins, but also a shadow/ or model of a very specific time to come. The first two days Jesus' body was in the tomb, but on the third day, He rose. Could it be, that the church would be in the earth for two days (2000 yrs.)?? And then, be raised on the third day (rapture)?? >>> Luke 24: 45-46 - "Then He opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures. (46) He told them, "The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,".

I will now provide a good case for not only mans dominion for 6000 years, but also that there would be 2000 years for the church to fulfill the great commission of preaching the gospel. And now, I will reveal what I believe to be the greatest proof on this subject, from one of the ancient Prophets. This Prophet is not talked about, or quoted very often. His book is small, having only 14 chapters. He is what they call, "one of the minor Prophets", but I believe that I have discovered a diamond in the rough. Hosea says a mouthful !! >>> Hosea 6: 2 - "After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will restore us, that we may live in His presence." WOW !! This is not talking about a literal Israel, that was scattered for over 2500 years. They didn't come back in two days. No - this verse is definitely future, and what a beauty. What a promise !!

If I have not shown you enough evidence, wait there is more.
I have also discovered more evidence just by searching for scriptures to prove other points. Not only did God give us a little thumb nail sketch of the crucifiction, but Jesus himself provided another snap shot for all to see.
Matt.17: 1-3 - "After six days (6000 yrs.) Jesus took with Him Peter, James and John the brother of James, And led them up a high mountain (heaven) by themselves. (2) There He was transfigured (changed) before them, His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light (snow). (3) Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah (the two witnesses), talking with Jesus." (emphasis mine)

And while I was checking these verses out, I accidently (yeah right) stumbled onto these other amazing discoveries.
>>> Gen.7: 17,24 - (17) "For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth (heaven)." (emphasis mine)
>>> (24) "The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days." Does anyone like math?? Do you know if you multiply (which is what God commanded- "Be fruitful and multiply"), 40 x 150= 6000??
The (40) days of rain flooded the earth for (150) days (6000 yrs), and Noah was safe above the destruction that was on the earth. And 40 is a very frequently used number in the Bible.
40 Jubilees = 2000 years. >>>> Matt.24: 36-37 - "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (37) As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Does anyone remember what Jesus first miracle was?? For years I always wondered why He would do this miracle, but never could figure out why. Why would God be in the business of making alcohol?? He always says not to get drunk on too much wine in the scriptures. Well - now I can finally see why. It's another snap-shot picture of the future.
John 2: 1-10 - "On the (third) day a (wedding) took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus mother was there, and (Jesus and His disciples) had also been invited to the wedding. When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to Him, "They have no more (wine). Dear woman, why do you involve me? Jesus replied. "My (time) has not yet come." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you." Nearby stood (six) stone water jars, (the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing), each holding 20-30 gallons. Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water", so they filled them to the brim. Then He told them, ("Now draw some out) and take it to the (master) of the banquet. They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been (turned into wine). He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the Bridegroom aside and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best for last."

Can you see how the Great Alpha and Omega, (like His father) showed us the end from the very beginning of His ministry, His very first miracle?? Can you see how Jesus relates the wine to time?? Oh my - what an AWESOME picture He created for us!! I will leave the rest of the highlighted areas for you to relate them yourself.

Now- back to the calendar. Why would the designer start the new time from the birth, instead of the death?? He just didn't know I guess, and neither did anyone else. The two days (2000 yrs) didn't start until he was in the tomb, and then He rose the third day. After the Lord showed me these things, I accidently (yeah-right) turned on the radio station while I was driving down the road. And on came this message from Chuck Swindol, about "which day did Christ really rise from the dead?". Well - I never really cared which day, but what struck me, was that he gave the supposed date of the incident. And that was for me to keep in my mind for a little while. The Lord sure works in mysterious ways sometimes.

I'm not going to give you the exact date like he did, because that is not what I'm trying to establish here. I only want to prove that the "Age of God's Grace" will end very soon. I'm not here to say, "He's gonna come on such and such date", and I don't want anyone else trying to do it either. But I will give the month and year, that Chuck Swindol used, but not the day.

When we look at our modern day calendars, it appears that 2000 years has already passed us by, but that would be incorrect, or wrong if you will. Our starting point is not right, and then there is a year numbered "0", because they first counted backwards to Christ, and then zero at Christ' birth, and from the zero they go forward. We also have the problem of having 365 1/4 days in our calendar, with the 1/4 counting for the leap years that occur every four years, but God's prophetic calendars only consist of a 360 day year, and that is the one we will convert to here now.

Lets design a more accurate calendar by removing all the errors, and by starting at the right time in history. Our current calendar isn't even close to being accurate, but how far is it off?? How close are we to seeing the actual completion of the church age??

Jesus was said to be 33 when He died on the cross, but it doesn't matter if He was fifty, because we're going to start from His death. The Passover Festival happened to be in April, 32 A.D., according to Chuck Swindol and many other believers as well, but it can't be proven. But lets use that, along with starting at the proper time in history, at His death, where He was in the earth for two days. The Church Age started after He rose from the dead, not at His birth.

So, we are now in the year 2002, minus 32 years, so we can start at His death, which leave 1970 years. Now we must take 1970 x 5.25, to show how many actual days the Gregorian calendars have gone past the prophetic calendar. 1970 x 5.25 = 10,342.5 days. Now notice the .5, or 1/2 day left over, that will actually help us see if we are in the right allignment with the leap year.
1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2 / or 2 years of our leap year system. For this to be correct, a leap year would have taken place in the year 2000 and the next would fall on 2004. They are confirmed accurate. 2000 was a leap year and 2004 will be also, so now we move on. Now we take the 10,342.5 days and divide by 360, which equals 28.729166 and add that number to 1970. This gives us our true prophetic year according to the time of crucifiction and God's prophetic calendar, but without having the exact day of the month. 28.729166 + 1970 = 1998.729166 is the actual years that have passed since our Lord was crucified, if the date used was the actual one. So according to my calculations, we have not gone past 2000 years. So, since 1998 is less than 2000, we have not really entered into the new millenium. If we were really in the year 2002, then the church would not be here. We would be in the Day of the Lord, which is His 1000 year reign, also known as the Sabbath Day and the Day of the Lord. This Sabbath Day will not begin until Christ' feet touch down on the Mount of Olives. What I want you to see here is, just as God showed us His shadow/model of His plan for mankind, Jesus is also showing us His plan for the Church. And just as Christ was burried in the earth for 2 days and raised on the third day, so will the Body of Christ(church) after 2 days(2000 yrs) be raised(raptured) on the third day to rule and reign with Christ 1000 years. Don't forget : One day to God = 1000 years to man.

Listen all Christians, our time is running out. If you have something that you were going to do for the Kingdom of God, you better get on the ball. It's time to start storing up treasures in heaven. The Bible says that everyone of us has a spiritual gift. Pray that the Lord will reveal to you your spiritual gift. This is what we need to use to give God the Glory that is rightfully due Him. If you are an encourager, then encourage the brethren to build up them up. If you have money, use it for the Kingdom. If you have love, use it for the Kingdom. If you have knowledge, invest it in the Kingdom. What ever you do brothers and sisters, don't let this day catch you unaware. We still could be raptured today. No one knows the day or hour, as God's word says. Someone may guess, or even think they know, but the Bible is clear that only God knows. Maranatha !!

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
HI Thunder, great to hear from you! I have read Hosea too and was wondering what you think of this verse of Luke, in reference to the end days:

This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
For as Jonah was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

What do you make of that?

Also it is written (I will look for it) that Jesus is going into the earth for three days, to rise again after the three days; like Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days and was released.
Maybe this means something?
Wildfire

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
rollinTHUNDER, I have to agree that we're very close to the time of our Lords return. There are signs all over the place, signs that the Bible tells us to watch for. I thank you for posting what you have, seeing the courage you have helps give me more courage to share what the lord has showed me. And I ask myself why else would the Lord show me things, not so I could hide them under a rug, but so that I could share them with others and let people know that the day of his return is near. With that in mind here is a poem I wrote, or should I say a poem that God allowed me to write about something that actually took place in my life. This happened about a year ago, The time is oh so near, closer than most people think! I also posted this poem in the creative writting forum, but failed to mention that the poem was an actual event that did take place!

One night I heard an angel sing :angel:
It's voice like water,
off in the distance it seemed.

It's words, they were few, but just enough.
to get it's entire message across.
For this is what the angel did say.
The voice that came from across the bay.

"Sing Glory to God he is coming!"
Is all the angel did say.
It repeated these words, again, and again.
I know in my heart, it was heaven sent.

God hasn't forgotten, the promise he made.
To save us from a world, gone astray.
So let us sing praises to his name,
and give him the glory. For he does reign.

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Graftmein, what you wrote was really nice. God comes to us in many ways, if we are looking for him. I happened to be blessed with a dream that I had; I had witnessed an angel going forth to seal those during the tribulation. Yes, it is near; and remember what Jesus said; Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Thanks Mandy and Wildfire,
I feel the poems I write are a gift of the spirit, as it allows me to write in such a manner about things that have taken place in my life. So To God be the Glory :)

armofthe, who are you directing your question to?
No amount of money can buy your way into heaven.
Gods love is free for the taking for anyone who wishes to
receive it, you can't buy it. in order to obtain it you
must beleive in him, and allow him to take control of your life.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by armothe
Like, holy cow. Do you have a charity I can give all my money to so I can make sure I am right with the Lord when he comes back?
Hrm..how about if I call ya in 4 yrs when nothing has changed and point out how wrong you were?

-A

This is a futurist thread, and your brash sarcasm has ruined the thread. How dare you say such a cruel thing to someone who wrote a beautiful poem from their heart. Try reading Erwin's rules and following them.

Originally posted by Erwin:
"I would ask preterists to NOT interrupt the flow of futurist-oriented threads, but respect the beliefs of Christians who hold different views on the EndTimes. This is just good manners - it is not nice to interrupt the conversation of people discussing something."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

This is a futurist thread, and your brash sarcasm has ruined the thread. How dare you say such a cruel thing to someone who wrote a beautiful poem from their heart. Try reading Erwin's rules and following them.

I see, so I should take advice from someone who consistently disrupts discussions her/himself?

If I'm not mistaken "THEBEAR" invited Preterists to share their views on a number of other topics as well. I believe this was in the Thread titled "A question for FULL preterists".

And I wasn't referring to, nor bashing the poem.

-A

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a legitimate request here. Would it be possible to get all preterist posts on my threads deleted?? It just seems like the war is over, but the place needs to be cleaned up, so it can fully recover. I don't know how the other members feel, but I would like mine cleaned up, and I would be willing to find all the post #'s I would want deleted. Just a thought. Thanks to whichever moderator finds this request first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by kern
Maybe you guys need to gloat a bit more about shoving the preterists out, and maybe direct a few more insults their way. I'm not sure everyone has gotten the point yet. :rolleyes:

-Chris

I don't think that will be necessary. I never thought of it as a competition to see who could out do the other. But I will admit, they did get under my skin. But it's over; it's a done deal and part of the past. It's time to move on.

Upvote 0
I do not wish to insult anyone. I believe our belief systems are to diametrically opposed to each other. There is only arguing and bad fillings, no civilized discussions can take place in my opinion. This is why I have never even tried to have a discussion with them. The best thing the moderators can do is have another thread where the preterist can discuss their differences with each other. Just as we discuss the differences in the details of our beliefs. We may disagree about when the rapture takes place, or how soon it is all going to happen, but at least we can all agree on the end result, that it is going to happen, being a future event, and not a part of history. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.