South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do I deal with a person who lives with me, sleeps in my house, yet literally hates me? I don't know exactly how to pray for that person. Having her as an enemy is heartbreaking and she sees me as a greater enemy. The person in question is my SIL. I have no real conversation with my brother unless it is about our mother. She doesn't speak to me, even when I greet her. She has gotten meaner because of her hatred for me. I also need help with low self worth. It is hard to live with someone who literally hates me. I live with my mom, who of course, is getting better despite having diabetes. I am so saddened that it has come to this and I want for others to like me. In my heart, I would love for everyone to get along and like each other. But I know in my mind, I don't wish to just coexist, but that is how it is. It is four people in two separate households, my brother and SIL and my mother and me. I could not take it anymore. I don't want to stay here but I think that moving out is not the best thing for me to do. My credit is good and I want to still live in my hometown, just close to my mother. I would love to not be so self-centered about this, but I have no idea how to pray about this. I am not a model of perfection and when I try to talk to them, apologize, and even repent to God at times, nothing seems to work. I am filled with confusion and sadness over this. I don't know what to do. I could use your advice.

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God bless you. I can feel your sincerity towards all three of them. How old are you? If you're legally able to live independently, I think you should move out of the house because your living arrangement is not making you happy. You can live very close to them if possible so that you get to see your mother often. Praying for you...

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the afflictions of the righteous are many the truth is the lord said I did not come here to give you peace I came here to give you a sword brother will hate sister and sister will hate brother mother will hate son and son will hate mother family against family thats why he said I will give you a sword because his word is that sword his word teaches you and instructs you and he teaches you to not be afraid for he will be by you in all of your hardship he will be there

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is hard. Mixed couples / family under one roof past a certain age is often difficult.

If not, simply hanging in there and letting go of the expectation of things getting better for now might be best. You can't change your sister in law.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It is very hard to live with family, I know of others who live with siblings and parents and they all seem to have trouble at times, I guess that is just part of it.

I am happy to pray for you friend and may your family be blessed with peace and joy

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0