Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like you are saying that as long as the photos are correct, there is no problem.
Not even close.

You were acting like the OP went out of his way, did some research and added that photo in an effort to further an agenda, when the photo was right there, at the top of the article he cited.

I find that unconvincing.
I really don't care what or what not convinces you.

But we all know what's going on with that. Just like we all know what's going on in the OP.
Just like gas mileage, opinions and conclusions may vary....

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You were acting like the OP went out of his way, did some research and added that photo in an effort to further an agenda, when the photo was right there, at the top of the article he cited.
There is no evidence to support this claim of yours. I never wrote anything that suggested that the OP went out of his way to add the photo. I assumed all along that the photo was in the article. However, it still remains the case that the OP is needlessly inflammatory.

I really don't care what or what not convinces you.
The feeling is mutual, I assure you.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
OK, and what can we learn from this single incident - using adult dialogue - to prevent such things from happening in the future to ourselves?

Well, if you defend/deny atrocities like the mass rapes of Muslim women in Burma by Buddhists, there is no adult dialogue to be had with you. All of a sudden, when it's Muslim women accusing Buddhists of rape, the women are liars and it's fake news.
Rohingya Muslims: Rape of persecuted minority by Burma’s soldiers 'methodical', investigation finds

And yeah, the "Muslim" part was unnecessary. It's as if a person commits a crime (completely unrelated to Islam), and s/he happens to be a Muslim, religion must be highlighted even though it wouldn't be for other religions. On the other hand, if a person does something good and that good thing is encouraged by Islam, religion should be downplayed because that good deed was just a human thing to do.

PS, this thread seems to be feeding into this type of mindset (Nazis, fascists, and the alt-right/left):

33us8s6.jpg

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Well, if you defend/deny atrocities like the mass rapes of Muslim women in Burma by Buddhists, there is no adult dialogue to be had with you. All of a sudden, when it's Muslim women accusing Buddhists of rape, the women are liars and it's fake news.
Rohingya Muslims: Rape of persecuted minority by Burma’s soldiers 'methodical', investigation finds

And yeah, the "Muslim" part was unnecessary. It's as if a person commits a crime (completely unrelated to Islam), and s/he happens to be a Muslim, religion must be highlighted even though it wouldn't be for other religions. On the other hand, if a person does something good and that good thing is encouraged by Islam, religion should be downplayed because that good deed was just a human thing to do.

PS, this thread seems to be feeding into this type of mindset (Nazis, fascists, and the alt-right/left):

33us8s6.jpg
I said nothing about Muslims in this thread, so why quote me? And, if you defend/deny atrocities like the mass rapes of Buddhist women in Myanmar by Muslims, there is no adult dialogue to be had with you. After all, rapes of persecuted Buddhist minority by Muslim soldiers initiated the Muslim-Buddhist conflict in Myanmar , an investigation discovered

art-733130904-620x349.jpg

MALDIVE_-_Islam_0218.jpg

n17npy80ixqy.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.