✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What's the correct context?

The Parable is about Jesus Himself. He is the Judge. At the Judgment, He will rightly Judge.

However that is not Christians, and does not refer to any kind of earthly death at all. It does not even remotely mean that any Christian should be "slaying enemies".

I see this is in your signature. Be honest: have you quoted this before to Christians, and has no Christian given you this answer? I suspect they have, but hope I'm wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This man confessed to the murder and you're worried about him being shown holding a gun. He confessed, so he ACTUALLY murdered her...and again, you're STILL worried about him being shown with a gun.

An actual murderer. Okay. Wow.

When Trayvon Martin was killed they showed the most angelic picture of him, next to the most villainous mugshot of George Zimmerman (Who they held up as a "white man", when he was Latino/White mixed ethnicity but 100% looked like a Latino)

It was designed to cause racial friction, to try and enflame the anger of ethnic minorities against white people.

But because it was "lefties and liberals" doing it, hey, that is A-Okay.

But when the "evil conservatives" do it, its totally and morally wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
The Parable is about Jesus Himself. He is the Judge. At the Judgment, He will rightly Judge.

However that is not Christians, and does not refer to any kind of earthly death at all. It does not even remotely mean that any Christian should be "slaying enemies".

I see this is in your signature. Be honest: have you quoted this before to Christians, and has no Christian given you this answer? I suspect they have, but hope I'm wrong.
Sorry, but I believe your context is incorrect.

I was quoting Luke 19:27 in reference to "Christianity" & the post I responded to. I was not placing the verse in context of "Christians".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe these images of an attractive young white skinned woman juxtaposed with the image of a brown-skinned man with a rifle DON'T appeal to base racist/xenophobic sentiments?

As I understand it, these "juxtaposed" images are simply the actual victim and the actual perpetrator.

That said, I'm not sure what actual evidence there is that the perpetrator is Muslim. The salient fact is surely that he is an ex-con.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
These posts are six minutes apart.

Six minutes.
Is there something nonfactual about what i wrote? Which part of legacy of death of the dark and middle ages of the church do you hope to defend? Or were you just keen to keep on revising history til all chrisitians throughout history were pristine and perfect. Im all up for a discussion on this if you like.
Very poor comparison.

Be as objective as you can. Is there a DIRECT connection between "Trumpism" and killing black women? Are there texts, with leaders claiming the texts are valid, that say "Trumpism says the rules for black women are X and Y and Z?"

Or did you make a tentative connection between voting for Trump, a whole different ideology, and murder?

Because the links between Islam, short skirts, and rules for short skirts are not as tentative, I assure you.
If i could interject with a comparison that is a tiny bit apt?
I remember when a muslims woman held up a quran, a flag and a gun and posters on this forum were up in arms. And yet when the blonde haired blue eyed american girl did the same thing with a bible she got mad props.
When Trayvon Martin was killed they showed the most angelic picture of him, next to the most villainous mugshot of George Zimmerman (Who they held up as a "white man", when he was Latino/White mixed ethnicity but 100% looked like a Latino)

It was designed to cause racial friction, to try and enflame the anger of ethnic minorities against white people.

But because it was "lefties and liberals" doing it, hey, that is A-Okay.

But when the "evil conservatives" do it, its totally and morally wrong.
so youre upset that the guy who shot someone didnt have a very flattering picture put on the news compared to his victim? As for flaming the anger, given the amount of "anger" some/many white folk have for ethnic minorities, it seems only fair that they get a chance to catch up. Or are only white people allowed to be bigotted and prejudice based on nonsense prejudism?

well evil conservatives are pretty slow on the uptic in terms of accepting that maybe that is what is happenning (dont know where i could evidence of that though....certainly not in this thread).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
so youre upset that the guy who shot someone didnt have a very flattering picture put on the news compared to his victim? As for flaming the anger, given the amount of "anger" some/many white folk have for ethnic minorities, it seems only fair that they get a chance to catch up. Or are only white people allowed to be bigotted and prejudice based on nonsense prejudism?

are you for real?

The point was a direct reply to those claiming a picture of a "brown man holding a rifle" next to the "Blonde woman".

pointed out how the same was done over the Trayvon Martin case, but that was the mainstream media feeding the anger, not some forum post. It was the "left-leaners" on this thread that made this issue of pictures side by side to cause anger, they were upset over that, not me, I just pointed out its hypocritical, mentioned the Trayvon case where the leftie types were more than happy to use the same trick the OP is being accused of, did not even say I thought Zimmerman was "innocent" (I actually thought he was in the wrong for shooting the lad)

So let me get this straight, the lefties are upset a non-flattering picture of a "brown man" next to a angelic white woman and its hatred mongering. Even though that guy is a rapist killer.

I reply, mentioning this trick was used during the Trayvon Martin case, a picture of Zimmerman was thug-like and Trayvons was angelic little black boy and I am the one with the problem with the killers less than flattering picture??????

I was just replying to the person who actually was complaining about the killer being shown in a negative sense and offered a reverse situation.

disagree with peoples points all you want, that's the point of a forum, but you cannot take exception to something when you ignore the situation that led to and try and mince peoples words.

This is like somebody punching a guy in the face, then when the guy who got punched, hits his assailant back, a bystander screams to him "Hey you hit him, what's your problem, man, you've got anger issues" when the only reason he hit back was because he was punched first, the guy only had an issue with his assailant because the assailant caused the situation, but the bystander in question is a friend of the assailant and dislikes the guy who got hit.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Is Islam a race? :scratch:

No its not, but its riding on the back of "racism" to further itself.

Sadly, as Islam is followed mainly by non-white people, it means actual white racists stand against it, but this is just coincidence, as a stand alone issue, Islam is a superiority ideology, but due to history and where Islam became the majority religion happened to be non-white places, it means white nationalism comes to blows with it as a racial issue.

of course in reality white nationalism and Islam are as bad as each other, both are about making themselves superior to others. But because Islam happens to be mainly a non-white followers, it can surf on the waves of "racial issues"

White nationalists and racists have done more to strengthen Islam, than dismantle it, as they've legitimised the myth that Islam is a "race", so it gets protected like a ethnic minority, when in reality it should be considered the same as white nationalism, Nazis, black nationalism and racism

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Let me first dispense with the claim that there is no evidence. Do you believe these images of an attractive young white skinned woman juxtaposed with the image of a brown-skinned man with a rifle DON'T appeal to base racist/xenophobic sentiments?
View attachment 217806

If so, I have some swampland property in which you might be interested.
To be fair, it's not like the OP went out of his way to research and discover this photo. It was right there in the cited article.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, it's not like the OP went out of his way to research and discover this photo. It was right there in the cited article.

The OP mentioned "Muslim" in the thread title, but it was baseless and to be fair, it had no place being there, it was inflammatory, lets admit it.

However the pictures were just part of the legit article, the OP did nothing wrong posting them.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The OP mentioned "Muslim" in the thread title, but it was baseless and to be fair, it had no place being there, it was inflammatory, lets admit it.

However the pictures were just part of the legit article, the OP did nothing wrong posting them.
Two separate issues. One was adding "Muslim" to the OP title. I have not weighed in on that. The other was the complaint that the OP posted the photo. I was addressing the latter.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Two separate issues. One was adding "Muslim" to the OP title. I have not weighed in on that. The other was the complaint that the OP posted the photo. I was addressing the latter.

and your statement on that latter issue was correct.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
and your statement on that latter issue was correct.
I know it was. And that's all you needed to say in the first place. Don't you just hate it when someone uses your remarks as a springboard to go off on tangents completely off the mark of what you stated? Me too. They do nothing more than blur the lines and throw confusion into the mix of what the poster stated. If you want to address the adding of "Muslim" in the title, have at it. But do it separate and apart from the unrelated remarks. Thanks.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like you are saying that as long as the photos are correct, there is no problem. I find that unconvincing. Consider the way opponents of Mr. Obama often refer to him as Barak Hussein Obama. Yea, his middle name is indeed Hussein.

But we all know what's going on with that. Just like we all know what's going on in the OP.

Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
staff edit

Er, you did read the title of the thread? I don't think that there are that many Americans working for the UK Foreign Office (except for local staff at the Embassy and Consulates in the US).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
staff edit

I am so excited to hear this answer! I'm especially excited to see how saying something like that could not be bigoted (if not straight up racist). Please don't let me down SoldieroftheKing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.