Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm confused. I was reliably informed on this very site that by now I would be dead due to the multiple vaccines I've had. Can anyone tell me when I'm going to die so I can take out a massive loan to spend on women and helicopters?

Funny...I gave it a laugh react.

But to be fair, people were also making some exaggerated claims in the other direction as well and advocating for policies that, in retrospect, seem pretty stupid now that everyone's thinking a little more clearly about.

SNL did a pretty good bit about it

I got the first 2 main doses, and then the first booster...but my position was at the time, and still is, as soon as the 2-dose regimen was available for 4 months for everyone 30+ who wanted to get it and hospitals were no longer flooded, from a public policy perspective, "we're done here".

I was surprised to see (a few weeks back when I was traveling in the New England region), so many young people still "masking up" outdoors. (and with the types of masks that we now know, do practically nothing)

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What you posted was not actual data but from a meta-analysis

what I posted is here in black and white...

Data from 40 studies (JAMA 2023) found that the estimated vaccine effectiveness against Omicron infection and symptomatic disease was lower than 20% at 6 months from the administration of the primary vaccination cycle and less than 30% at 9 months from the administration of a booster dose. Compared with the Delta variant, a more prominent and quicker waning of protection was found (likely due in part to immune escape). Current evidence suggests that natural and hybrid immunity (vaccination followed by recovery from infection or recovery from infection followed by vaccination) might be more durable than just vaccine-induced immunity.

"vaccine effectiveness for the primary series reduced from 83% (95% CI 80–86) at baseline (14–42 days) to 62% (53–69) by 112–139 days. Vaccine effectiveness at baseline was 92% (88–94) for hospitalisations and 91% (85–95) for mortality, and reduced to 79% (65–87) at 224–251 days for hospitalisations and 86% (73–93) at 168–195 days for mortality. Estimated vaccine effectiveness was lower for the omicron variant for infections, hospitalisations, and mortality at baseline compared with that of other variants, but subsequent reductions occurred at a similar rate across variants. For booster doses, which covered mostly omicron studies, vaccine effectiveness at baseline was 70% (56–80) against infections and 89% (82–93) against hospitalisations, and reduced to 43% (14–62) against infections and 71% (51–83) against hospitalisations at 112 days or later. Not enough studies were available to report on booster vaccine effectiveness against mortality."

"Our analyses indicate that vaccine effectiveness generally decreases over time against SARS-CoV-2 infections, hospitalisations, and mortality. The baseline vaccine effectiveness levels for the omicron variant were notably lower than for other variants."
Is the hope that one will only read the stuff you've highlighted and ignore the parts which show the vaccine is still effective months after it is administered? Because reading the whole thing makes it obvious that the claim from your post which has since been deleted was obviously incorrect.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is the hope that one will only read the stuff you've highlighted and ignore the parts which show the vaccine is still effective months after it is administered? Because reading the whole thing makes it obvious that the claim from your post which has since been deleted was obviously incorrect.
i never deleted any of my posts. What parts show that?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Funny...I gave it a laugh react.

But to be fair, people were also making some exaggerated claims in the other direction as well and advocating for policies that, in retrospect, seem pretty stupid now that everyone's thinking a little more clearly about.

SNL did a pretty good bit about it

I got the first 2 main doses, and then the first booster...but my position was at the time, and still is, as soon as the 2-dose regimen was available for 4 months for everyone 30+ who wanted to get it and hospitals were no longer flooded, from a public policy perspective, "we're done here".

I was surprised to see (a few weeks back when I was traveling in the New England region), so many young people still "masking up" outdoors. (and with the types of masks that we now know, do practically nothing)

I hate to say it but I saw people argue over those masks...in a gas station line.

And of course, people were murdered over it.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0