(Moved) The law. Is it done away with? Is it, really?

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Dangerous indeed.

Life and death dangerious.

Now all you have to do is to show the difference between the Son and the Father. The different "laws" they have. Should be easy huh? Since that's all we get from you guys. Please, oh please show me the difference!

Show me how the Son is so unlike the Father especially in regard to the instructions (law).

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Last edited:
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Lee Stuvmen

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
✟30,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What components of the old covenant do you insist are found as part of the new covenant? Yes I read the whole Bible and paid attention to the details. It took years.

What components of the old covenant do you insist are found as part of the new covenant?

It does not matter what any human, including myself or yourself, insist.

What MATTERS IS; what does Scripture INSIST that YOU RESIST?

1 John 2:7
Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

More New Testament Testimony of Christ for you to ignore

Matthew 22:36
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said(TESTIFIED) unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

IF THIS was abolished;

then we are free to hate God and men and be found righteous?

Ridiculous!

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just a passing fad huh?

Sure, why would God's people need instruction on how to live a godly lifestyle?
Why would God tell His people what He expected from them? Anything goes now, right?
You really need to quit listening to religious people and read the Bible yourself for what is says. You need to read it until it becomes part of you.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You do know that is the same language that the Crusaders used as well as the Nazis, and anyone else who persecuted the Jews. "You are forbidden to follow your Law".

So, following your logic, then if you cannot follow the Law perfectly then you must not obey any of it. That is your point in case you don't recognize it unveiled.

And by the way, as it has been pointed out over and over here, there was a mixed multitude that left Egypt but all were joined to Israel. They were NOT all Jews. But they all were expected to obey God's instructions.

But apparently according to you God has changed. He no longer desires for His children to follow His teaching and instruction!
You make this assertion all by your lonesome. Jeremiah said the covenant would be replaced, Jesus said it was, You say no. Sorry but higher sources over ride you in my book.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Abrahamic Covenant was not an earthly Covenant?

What kind of stuff passes your test as biblical truth?

It certainly doesn't pass the test on your current position.
Abraham was given two different distinct covenants.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is my high priest. Don't know about you.No. Jesus is from the tribe of Judah as promised.Yes I am a Christian and follow Jesus. I do not follow Moses.

bugkiller
[/QUOTE]

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If you do not believe Moses' words how will you believe Yeshua's words?

Rom 10:4 For the goal at which the Torah aims is the Messiah, who offers righteousness to everyone who trusts.

Acts 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

The Gospel?

Are these the things you really want to do away with?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
II Tim 2:15

bugkiller

II Tim 2:15 Do all you can to present yourself to God as someone worthy of his approval, as a worker with no need to be ashamed, because he deals straightforwardly with the Word of the Truth.

This is your proof text as to the divide of the moral law and the ritual law?

You're not serious are you?

Come on, at least give it a good try.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

If you do not believe Moses' words how will you believe Yeshua's words?

Rom 10:4 For the goal at which the Torah aims is the Messiah, who offers righteousness to everyone who trusts.

Acts 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

The Gospel?

Are these the things you really want to do away with?
It is not me doing away with anything.

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. LK 16:16

I already have quoted and referenced Jer 31:31-33 and LK 22:20 that have been rejected.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Interesting that you did not name them both. Why not name them and explain how they relate?
You are the law expert. Surely you read the Book of the law and know full well what I am talking about. It really does not read like you know the Book of the law and you try and teach it. OY Vey!!!!

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
II Tim 2:15 Do all you can to present yourself to God as someone worthy of his approval, as a worker with no need to be ashamed, because he deals straightforwardly with the Word of the Truth.

This is your proof text as to the divide of the moral law and the ritual law?

You're not serious are you?
I think I am competent enough to know the truth and rightly divide the Word of God. Evidence is lacking on your part. You do not seem to know the two covenant given to Abraham and try to teach God's Word. again OY Vey!!!

bugkiller

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Abrahamic Covenant was not an earthly Covenant?

What kind of stuff passes your test as biblical truth?
It certainly doesn't pass the test on your current position.
The 2nd Abrahamic covenant is not earthly. But the first covenant concerning the land is. All who are children of promise to belong to the second covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok, why didn't you supply the Scripture? That was what I ask for, remember?
Here ya go
Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just a passing fad huh?

Sure, why would God's people need instruction on how to live a godly lifestyle?
Why would God tell His people what He expected from them? Anything goes now, right?
The reason is found right in the Book of the law. You sub in "people of God" for "Israel." This changes the Scripture meaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You do know that is the same language that the Crusaders used as well as the Nazis, and anyone else who persecuted the Jews. "You are forbidden to follow your Law".
Who is persecuting anyone here, let alone the Jews. If you want to follow the law, more power to you. However most here aren't Jews obligated to the law. All you have done is raise a side issue to argue.
So, following your logic, then if you cannot follow the Law perfectly then you must not obey any of it. That is your point in case you don't recognize it unveiled.
No, not at all. The Christian isn't under that covenant. The Christian doesn't practice a life style of sin by not keeping the sabbath. People who sin are found in every church and synagogue.
And by the way, as it has been pointed out over and over here, there was a mixed multitude that left Egypt but all were joined to Israel. They were NOT all Jews. But they all were expected to obey God's instructions.
Bu-the-way Moses was repeated told to call the COI, not a mixed group of people. The covenant was made with the COI only. Read the Book of the Law.
But apparently according to you God has changed. He no longer desires for His children to follow His teaching and instruction!
No, God changed (completely replaced) the covenant they continually broke. A covenant must be participated in by all concerned parties to be valid.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What in the world are you saying? That Yeshua is not our High Priest? That Yeshua is from the tribe of Levi? Sorry, but you make no sense.
I should have answered each question individually.

Yes Jesus is my Messiah and Redeemer/Savior.

No Jesus isn't from the tribe of Levi. Jesus is from the tribe of Judah as promised King David.

Upvote 0