"mother" Teresa - an Agnostic, or Even Athiest...

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Job was not nor was he ever "self-righteous". What was happening to him had NOTHING To do with Job. He was not being "punished" nor "corrected" by God. Job was unaware of the conversations that had been exchanged between God and Satan, and remained unaware of it all throughout his inexplicable sorrow, grief, and suffering.

I do not recall having said that his suffering was the result of anything he had done nor that he was aware of the conversation with Satan. The Lord lowered the hedge of protection around Job for His own reasons. I also doubt Job will club me over the head when I meet him for having addressed his whining as originating from a measure of self-righteousness. There have been some in forums who even berated me for saying that Job too needed a Savior like all the rest of mankind. Go figure....

The bottom line is, that Job, in all of his suffering, was not "whining".

He did eventually whine.

I'm sure you can pull together others who agree with you so that you all can build and ride your bandwagon brigade, which is fine. I'm used to being a Lone Ranger at times about some things that go against emotional and/or social conventions for interpretation. Been there, done that.

Have a blessed one.

Jr

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not recall having said that his suffering was the result of anything he had done nor that he was aware of the conversation with Satan. The Lord lowered the hedge of protection around Job for His own reasons. I also doubt Job will club me over the head when I meet him for having addressed his whining as originating from a measure of self-righteousness. There have been some in forums who even berated me for saying that Job too needed a Savior like all the rest of mankind. Go figure....

He did eventually whine.

I'm sure you can pull together others who agree with you so that you all can build and ride your bandwagon brigade, which is fine. I'm used to being a Lone Ranger at times about some things that go against emotional and/or social conventions for interpretation. Been there, done that.

Have a blessed one.

Jr
No. Job NEVER EVER "whined".

"Whining" is akin to what the Israelites did with Moses. It's "backbiting" and willful and rebellious. It is, in essence, a "temper tantrum". The Israelites whined to such a degree that at least twice they conspired to murder Moses. "Whining" is wicked.

In addition, Job was absolutely clear that he was in need of a Savior. This was never ever an issue with Job.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is plainly what happens with historical figures because they aren't around to tell us that there words had some other meaning not at all similar to the very words we are using today to describe their intentions.

I agree. One would think such figures would then, for future posterity, write down exactly what they meant rather than to leave it to the future generations to flounder about, doing all mann of transliterations of their writings to fit the individual narratives of the people reading their works. That carries a heavy responsibility on the part of the writer that, unfortuately, many did not take seriously enough. They therefore leave themselves wide open to all manner of pot shots from numerous camps of group-think. Many figure she's in Heavem, some think she's burning in Hell. Others may even think she's in that so-called "purgatory." Others yet may think shes floating around out there somewhere as a type of aura light amongst the stars.... Whatever.

As with Mary, the mother of the physical body Jesus filled with Himself, Teresa too was in need of a Savior.

Nuf said.

Jr

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree. One would think such figures would then, for future posterity, write down exactly what they meant rather than to leave it to the future generations to flounder about, doing all mann of transliterations of their writings to fit the individual narratives of the people reading their works. That carries a heavy responsibility on the part of the writer that, unfortuately, many did not take seriously enough. They therefore leave themselves wide open to all manner of pot shots from numerous camps of group-think. Many figure she's in Heavem, some think she's burning in Hell. Others may even think she's in that so-called "purgatory." Others yet may think shes floating around out there somewhere as a type of aura light amongst the stars.... Whatever.

As with Mary, the mother of the physical body Jesus filled with Himself, Teresa too was in need of a Savior.

Nuf said.

Jr
Mother Teresa was fully aware that she was in need of a Savior, just like the rest of us.

• Informative
Reactions: SwordmanJr
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mother Teresa was fully aware that she was in need of a Savior, just like the rest of us.

You seem to know much about her. So, pray tell, what's with Teresa imploring John Paul II to push for ever greater measures of veneration of Mary rather than Jesus? What's that going to do for anyone? Does it fall into a deeper realm of meaningfulness than to push for greater praise and worship of Christ Jesus, and reaching out to Him directly without any need for other so-called "mediators"? What's with all this?

Jr

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You seem to know much about her. So, pray tell, what's with Teresa imploring John Paul II to push for ever greater measures of veneration of Mary rather than Jesus? What's that going to do for anyone? Does it fall into a deeper realm of meaningfulness than to push for greater praise and worship of Christ Jesus, and reaching out to Him directly without any need for other so-called "mediators"? What's with all this?

Jr
What has your response to my post in post #105 got to do with my post?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums